Our DREAM wedding at Castaway Cay 02/23/15

Jmecakes

Earning My Ears
Hello!!! My Name is Jamie and just started getting all the wedding planning in place. A little about us. We have been together for 8 years!! Engaged for 4. We have 3 amazing kids and are so excited to have this wedding be for us as a family.

Why I chose castaway cay. I have always dreamed of a beach wedding. Im not close with my family so I wanted this to be what I wanted and to be a day about MY family with my partner and kids. I searched the internet for MONTHS to try to find something in our budget. (beach weddings can get crazy expensive!!) Thats when we started talking about a cruise. His family enjoys cruising so we thought this would be a best fit. We chose Disney because we have kids in all age groups and wanted our young kids to experience the magic of Disney before they get older. None of us have been to anything Disney so we thought this is a good way to get a little taste.

I called Disney and booked a cruise. I wasnt planning castaway at 1st. I had found other brides getting married at port in Nassau and I started going that route... but then got scared of the unknown I was in love with Compass Point but the cost was rising and there was no back up if we were to get rained out or by chance missed our port that day. So we thought it was best to stick with Disney. So I call up Disney and Castaway is already taken. :( So I thought oh well Ill get married on the ship... Still getting married it will be fine. Well I reached out to another Disney bride on FB and she told me she was the Castaway bride and she was changing to on board that day!!! So she messaged me said it was done and we switched!!! (thanks Jen!!!) So I get my beach wedding... with being spoiled by Disney annnnd have a back up if it happens to rain. :)

We are so excited. Im not worried about the noise or onlookers... thats what you get with a beach... Oh well... I cant wait to keep up with this and help pass the time. I also cant wait to read some more PJ. Im pretty new to getting around on here. Excited to get ideas and hope to inspire some new cruise brides. xoxo

Hello!!! My Name is Jamie and just started getting all the wedding planning in place. A little about us. We have been together for 8 years!! Engaged for 4. We have 3 amazing kids and are so excited to have this wedding be for us as a family.

Why I chose castaway cay. I have always dreamed of a beach wedding. Im not close with my family so I wanted this to be what I wanted and to be a day about MY family with my partner and kids. I searched the internet for MONTHS to try to find something in our budget. (beach weddings can get crazy expensive!!) Thats when we started talking about a cruise. His family enjoys cruising so we thought this would be a best fit. We chose Disney because we have kids in all age groups and wanted our young kids to experience the magic of Disney before they get older. None of us have been to anything Disney so we thought this is a good way to get a little taste.

I called Disney and booked a cruise. I wasnt planning castaway at 1st. I had found other brides getting married at port in Nassau and I started going that route... but then got scared of the unknown I was in love with Compass Point but the cost was rising and there was no back up if we were to get rained out or by chance missed our port that day. So we thought it was best to stick with Disney. So I call up Disney and Castaway is already taken. :( So I thought oh well Ill get married on the ship... Still getting married it will be fine. Well I reached out to another Disney bride on FB and she told me she was the Castaway bride and she was changing to on board that day!!! So she messaged me said it was done and we switched!!! (thanks Jen!!!) So I get my beach wedding... with being spoiled by Disney annnnd have a back up if it happens to rain. :)

We are so excited. Im not worried about the noise or onlookers... thats what you get with a beach... Oh well... I cant wait to keep up with this and help pass the time. I also cant wait to read some more PJ. Im pretty new to getting around on here. Excited to get ideas and hope to inspire some new cruise brides. xoxo

Yeyy another Disney Cruise PJ :cool1:! Congrats on your wedding and how lucky that you were able to switch to Castway Cay it looks like everything is already going so well you must have alot of pixie dust :wizard: you will love a disney cruise they are seriously the best once you sail with them you don't want to do anything else my wedding will be my 4th one! :laughing: So looking forward to following along with your plans our weddings are 3 months apart so it will be fun to have another fellow disney bride in the same time frame :bride:

Melissa

I'm so happy that Castaway Cay opened up for you and look forward to planning together. I am currently booked on CC, not sure if I'll keep it, but either way, lots of imaginative decisions to make :).

Ashley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter