Our HRH stay...

P

pnelson

We stayed at the HRH from Dec. 7 through Dec. 10. We stayed there after moving from Disney just for FOTL. Well, it was fine, just okay, really. I have to say, and this was my fault, that I really didn't care for the theming of this hotel. I don't like rock music, and felt like I was stuck in a "School of Rock" movie. Oh well, that was my fault. But, park access was great, the hotel was clean and we loved Citiwalk. Some other notes:

1) We all felt the pool was too shallow. Especially our very tall 10 year old.

2) The one negative turned out to be a positive. On our last morning we had to get up at 4:00 am and I COULD NOT get my son out of bed. Well, my mother found a cockroach in her bed and screamed loud enough to wake the dead. Wallah! Our son got out of bed to look-LOL.

3) I DON'T want to start a debate...We live in California and went US Hollywood last year. I liked it a lot better and thought it was much better themed than USF which I was disappointed in,

Yuk!!! A cockroach???? That is terrible!!!

Why would you book the Hard Rock Hotel if you dont like rock music? There are 2 other great hotels there.

Personally, we are all rock fans and that is probably why it is our favorite!!!

Patty

We were standing next to a family from California last week waiting for Ghostbusters and they said that they liked USF better?

LOL-Good question. I'm not sorry I booked it, I just got tired of the rock music. It does seem to have the best park access-I didn't even notice the other hotels-Where are they?

I think it's just a matter of taste-I really loved USH and was a little tired and burnt out by the time we hit USF at the end of our trip. I would like to try it again someday-maybe at the beginning of my trip next time.

Did you walk from Hard Rock or take the boat? PBH is upstream or farther away from the parks than HRH and RPR is on the other side of IOA. My money says you would like RPR. The Jurassic Park ride in particular was mentioned as being better here. Did you happen to notice that there wasn't music in the elevators? Elevator music at the Hard Rock? Come on!

pnelson- used to live in Fla - bugs everywhere! - but a cockroach in my bed !:earseek:

How were the crowds that weekend? That's the same weekend I just booked for next (almost this!) year. Did you do any of the Christmas parades/shows? My DS (14) agrees about the pool depth - fine for lounging in, but not much for 'swimming' (I think those long arms of his actually hit the bottom!).:smooth:

While we were there, there were no parades at Universal. We did see the Whoville show which was cute. The lines weren't long, but we also had Express.

Thanks - the whoville show is the main attraction for my 6 yo nephew - isn't there supposed to be a Macy's parade at US? Anyone know when that starts?

Thank you for your honest report. I cannot wait to stay at HRH, but would not like the cockroach thing.

Thanks for sharing!

We stayed at HRH for three nights and my kids loved the everything about the resort except for the pool. You really couldn't swim in it. My kids referred to it as the wading pool.

i called HRH and asked and she said it plenty deep to dive. I am concerned b/c I know my kids will want to swim everyday. Is it a pain to pool hop? How does that work? Is there a shuttle or is it walking distance?

You can walk to PBH pain free but might free uncomfortable walking to RPR, through park traffic, in your bathing suits. You can take the boat to each but have to transfer at the dock in City Walk.

There is no diving at any of the hotel pools as far as I know. I know the HRH is only about 4 feet deep at the deepest, same with the RPR, not too sure about PBH, my daughter swam at one of the pools, but she couldnt dive in the one she was in.

Patty

Thanks- I guess when you think about it 4 feet isn't really that shallow anyway and it's probably a safety thing so noone dives and gets a broken neck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter