Our New HM Office

MickeyWanaBe

I love Big Bang!
Look at what we started working on this weekend. Can you tell what it is?
DSC03170.jpg
DSC03172.jpg

Here is a little more.
DSC03174.jpg

DSC03187.jpg

And this is the way we left it last night...
DSC03196.jpg

Wow these boards are DEAD! If you couldn't figure it out... it is the Haunted Mansion wallpaper. Here is a couple more pictures from last night.
DSC03205.jpg

It is finished except for the glowing eyes.
DSC03206.jpg

I feel like I am "talking" to myself on this board... I guess I better find another place to hangout. :confused:

OMG! That is TOO cool! How did you make the pattern on the paper and such???

And what are you going to do with the other walls???

OMG! That is TOO cool! How did you make the pattern on the paper and such???

And what are you going to do with the other walls???

It's all paint!

My FIL has a sign business. We found something with the wallpaper design on the internet and he recreated it in his sign program and cut it out of paint mask (like a big sticker) on his plotter (like a large printer, but using a blade instead of ink).

I painted the wall a dark green and then sponged it with a slightly lighter shade of green. You can kind of see that in the first photo. Then we put the stencils of the pattern on the wall and used flat black paint to create the design. I still have to paint about 10 eyes on each design in the pattern with glow in the dark paint. I am not looking forward to that, but you got to do what you got to do for your addiction...

That is the back wall of the office, which really only has 3 walls. We are finishing the basement and we didn't want to close the office off since we going to be in there a lot and will have to keep our eye on children. The 2 side wall we painted a tan color that matches the rest of the walls in the hall way. We thought all three walls with the dark HM "wallpaper" would be too much and make it too dark. Not to mention the time it took us to do just one wall. We have other HM stuff to hang on the side walls. My parents bought DH a large framed HM architechtural drawing for Christmas last year that will take up one wall and he has some HM posters and pictures we have taken over the past couple of years that will go on the other wall. The back wall that we worked so hard on will be covered up some with cabinets/work stations/desks. We haven't yet come to an agreement yet on that configuration along with the placement of his beloved HM action figures...

The whole basement is going to be our own little Disney World and escape from reality. On another thread I have posted pictures of our bathroom that is next to the office. It is done in red/black/white Mickey theme. It also is not finished, but I just ordered the boarder for in there so hopefully that room will be done soon. We haven't started on the bar or family room areas yet but I have lots of ideas. If we would just quit taking trip to WDW we might be able to afford to finish this project!

Here is the link to the picture of the bathroom incase you want to see it. Post #30
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1335710&page=2

BTW thanks for posting. I was begining to think I was alone on this board...

Sorry to ramble on.

wow!!! that is SOOOOOO cool! Now I have HM music running through my head! :) great job!

I am all about creating Disney rooms! I love the bathroom photos.

Our bathroom upstairs is currently in butterflies, but now I'm really rethinking about doing it in Mickey. DD5 has a purple room, but we are on the lookout for some Princess things to add to it (stencil border maybe). DD3 has a Tinkerbell room: HD Tink Green and Pixie Pink walls, Tink removable stickers, Tink lamp, and Tink rug. She is still in a toddler bed, but told me the other night that she wants a big girl bed with Tinkerbell sheets and pillows. She is going to be Tink for Halloween.

I have been looking for ways to begin our family room, which is also upstairs, so I'm sure the top floor of my house will eventually become all Disney themed.

I've heard that there is a family near me that has their house done in Disney. Do you think they would object to a total stranger knocking on their door and asking to take a "Tour"? :laughing:

I am all about creating Disney rooms! I love the bathroom photos.

Our bathroom upstairs is currently in butterflies, but now I'm really rethinking about doing it in Mickey. DD5 has a purple room, but we are on the lookout for some Princess things to add to it (stencil border maybe). DD3 has a Tinkerbell room: HD Tink Green and Pixie Pink walls, Tink removable stickers, Tink lamp, and Tink rug. She is still in a toddler bed, but told me the other night that she wants a big girl bed with Tinkerbell sheets and pillows. She is going to be Tink for Halloween.

I have been looking for ways to begin our family room, which is also upstairs, so I'm sure the top floor of my house will eventually become all Disney themed.

I've heard that there is a family near me that has their house done in Disney. Do you think they would object to a total stranger knocking on their door and asking to take a "Tour"? :laughing:

I wish I had a DD to do a princess or Tink room for. We have 2 DS and really the first Disney theme room we have done was Pooh for the youngest. There are photos of that on another thread. The oldest went from a cars (not Disney Cars, he was before thier time.) to Star Wars. He loved Star Wars. At 3 or 4 we took him to the movie theatre to see one of them and he don't move throughout the whole movie! He is now almost 13 and beyond the Disney rooms... :guilty: but still loves going on Family trip there! :thumbsup2

I haven't seen any photos of Disney family rooms on this board. I guess when we start working on our Disneyfied family rooms we will have to post some.

As for the tour of the stranger house... There is only one way to find out... send someone else over first.

I absolutely love it! It must have taken a very long time, but it was worth it. You should be very proud!:thumbsup2
I also looked at the thread with your bathroom and love that too! I plan on doing a Mickey themed office when we move into our new home next month. I would love to see a pic of the border you chose. Please post pics!

I feel like I am "talking" to myself on this board... I guess I better find another place to hangout. :confused:

That is AMAZING! How long did it take to complete?! I know the feeling of feeling like you are talking to yourself on certain boards! Try posting over on Disney For Families! It is definitely something to show off! :thumbsup2

That is AMAZING! How long did it take to complete?! I know the feeling of feeling like you are talking to yourself on certain boards! Try posting over on Disney For Families! It is definitely something to show off! :thumbsup2

Thank you everyone! I don't know how to quote multiple post...
I am glad you enjoyed the pictures and that I am not alone here. I will post picture when I finish both rooms. I did find a border I liked and ordered it, so hopefully soon.

lynninpa - It took way too long... I am not sure how long it took my FIL to recreate the artwork. I will have to ask him. Then we had to cut the stencil and weed them which took another couple days. It took the better part of a day to put the stencils on the wall and that evening and the next to paint and then remove the stencils. :teacher: Too many hours to count...

I frequently lurk on the Families board popcorn:: , but have never been brave enough to post...

I frequently lurk on the Families board popcorn:: , but have never been brave enough to post...

Post away on the Families Board! It is a great board! I just asked what else you are doing for the office and then realized you already posted about that. I am off to read it now!

Ohhh! Just checked out the pics of your Disney bathroom! It looks GREAT!! What are the "Mickey Pants" next to the toilet?? Hey! I saw red and black toilet paper being sold on www.hgtv.com today! heehee maybe you could get some!

Ohhh! Just checked out the pics of your Disney bathroom! It looks GREAT!! What are the "Mickey Pants" next to the toilet?? Hey! I saw red and black toilet paper being sold on www.hgtv.com today! heehee maybe you could get some!

The pants are the trashcan.

I will have to check the red and black tp out... thanks!:thumbsup2

The pants are the trashcan.

I will have to check the red and black tp out... thanks!:thumbsup2

:wave2: Where did you find the trashcan? I love it! We are trying to start redoing our Home Office into a Disney theme. We are stuck on the first step-the paint for the walls and woodwork. One day, we want red. the next day we think it might be "too much." Aghhh! :rotfl:

OK, now I know I have been reading the DIS boards too long. I took the HM in your title to mean "hidden Mickey's" and I won't tell you how long I spent looking for hidden Mickey's in your last picture...:rotfl:

It does look great though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!