Our October Getaway

momcloud

Mouseketeer
I haven’t done an after trip report( too sad to do it till now) so here goes:
We had an early flight and arrived at DW by 10:30 ish. At the airport ( 4:30 am) I hear a voice calling, “Ms. Michelle, Ms. Michelle!!! One of my preschoolers was going to Disney with us!!! Same flights same resort. This trip became a trip of running into people we knew.
Day 1 -October 4
We got to POR and our room was not ready yet, so we checked our carryons and headed to EPCOT. As we are on the bus, I get the text our room is ready( it figures!) but we went on to the park. We had FPs and dinner reservations at Coral Reef. But having been up since 3:30am we decided to head back to resort to find our room and relax around 5:00. We headed back for dinner and found out one of our former youth group kids work at the Living Seas, she saw us heading in for the Nemo ride and texted me that she saw us. Dinner was good, but we missed Illuminations due to moving up our ressie to 7:00. But we had more days to go back and see it. We were tired so we headed back, walked to lobby got our mugs, went to see Yeeha Bob, then back to bed. Our rm was in bldg. 34 right off the west bus stop- 1 st stop on our way back every night.

Day 2- AK day October 5
We went around 8:30 to the park- in the pouring rain! Went straight to Pandora and got in FOP line. 2 hours later we rode it and loved the queue. Next we did Nav’i with a FP. We then worked our way over to Dinosaur and had lunch at Flame Tree BBQ. We shared a combo meal and had plenty to eat. It still was a bit rainy, but we had a FP for the safari and did it. We spent all day there until our dinner at Boma. A college friend and his family had seen our posts on FB and were at DW too. We skipped ROL that night- I had FPs for another night, so we decided to go back to EPCOT to meet our friends and go to Illuminations with them. Then we headed back for a late swim and bed. It was a lot of fun - although wet shoes caused me to rub a blister on my foot. I carried flip flops in my bag and they saved the day.

Day 3- HS day October 6
We only planned a half day, so we slept in. My hubby runs, so he did the POR running path. We ate breakfast at the food court and eventually made it over to HS. Our day there was fine, but FPs did not work well for us when standby lines were as long as FP lines. We rode all but Tower of Terror, one side broke down and we were going to miss our dinner ressie so we got out of line. We switched FPs for Fantasmic, and I’m glad we did, it’s my fav show. We also caught part of the Star Wars show, so it was not a bad experience overall.

Day 4 MK Day- October 7
Craziest crowds ever!!!! It was packed out. We did Jungle Cruise, then breakfast at Crystal Palace, then off for a long day of heat and long lines. Pirates was out of commission all day... we rode 7DMT for the 1st time, everything else we had done before, but rode all that we wanted. Splash Mtn being closed made me. We had dinner at Wilderness Lodge and took a wonderful boat ride over. Had dinner and watched it pour down rain while we ate. Made it back to MK and rode Pirates before catching HEA in a rain shower. We rode Space Mtn. last and boy I was pooped! Lesson learned- don’t do MK on Saturday during F&W.

Day 5- October 8
We were crazy, but our last day we had activities in 3 parks!
BOG breakfast- lost my hat w/ all my pins on it( not just Disney pins) we searched, went to lost and found several times - it never turned up. kind of bummed me out, but we had to get over to AK to use FP on FOP.
We returned to MK hitting lost and found before heading over to drown my sorrows in a Dole Whip ( which as many times as I’ve been, have never tried) for lunch. It was good, I’m now a convert! We hung out for a while longer before heading to EPCOT for dinner at Mexico. It poured rain again but was mostly over when we got done. Then off to AK again for FP on Tough to Be a Bug, witnessed tree of life lighting, rode EE in the dark, intense!!! Then FP for ROL, beautiful!! A perfect ending to our trip. We had never done AK at night, it was so cool!

My post trip thoughts-
Customer service- excellent
Resort- exceeded expectations- we loved POR -Alligator Bayou room was quiet, clean and comfy. We would stay there again
We also left our camera in the lobby on the day we left- my hubby didn’t realize it till on MDE on the way to MCO, he called and the front desk already had it and they mailed it to us. My hat has not been found- I guess finding our more expensive camera back is more important.
Crowds- crazy w/ MNSSHP and F&W Festival, but doable
Buses- we had no issues getting where we needed to be on time.
Weather- typical FL. we were ready w/ ponchos, so no prob there.
Food- everything I ate was awesome!
Going in early Oct. again- probably not, if we do it will be for longer.
Worth the price- DEFINITELY!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!