Our trip next week hangs in the balance of this post

Should we go to WDW next week?

• Yes, go but rent a scooter

• Yes, go but rent a wheelchair

• NO - Don't go, just limp around Houston next week

• If you're going to be miserable, might as well be in WDW!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would say wheelchair because you can get up and put the wheelchair in the bus rather then have them go through the process of getting you on.

Tape an aspirin to it and get on the field. You can always try some horse lamanent, it worked when I played football.:rotfl2:

Get the scooter if you have to. I think you get to go straight to the front of the line!

Get the scooter if you have to. I think you get to go straight to the front of the line!

I have to address this, on behalf of the disABILITIES board.

NO, wheelchairs and scooters do not "go to the front of the line". In almost all cases they wait in the normal ride queues. At MK, where some rides, especially in Fantasyland, there is a special queue/holding area for w/c & scooter guests, because this is an older park and the accessibility laws weren't what they are now when it was built. It is not uncommon, due to capacity and evacuation requirements, for folks in wheelchairs to wait LONGER than ambulatory guests.

For further info on ride restrictions and queues, refer to the disABILITIES! board.

OK..... Food and Wine festival without Kid's???? GO, GO, GO! My husband and I went for food and wine festival last year for my 40th birthday without the kids. It was sooooo nice to be there, just the 2 of us. Don't miss this opportunity!

Seems you don't need a real reason to get one so lots of people rented them just to get to the front of the line.

Don't you need a piece of paper or something to be able to get in front of the line? We'll call it a "Doctor's note" which you get from guest relations.

If you can travel without a lot of discomfort, I would recommend that you go and enjoy things at WDW at whatever pace you are able. WDW can be still be quite enjoyable at a somewhat leisurely pace.

Good luck!

Don't you need a piece of paper or something to be able to get in front of the line? We'll call it a "Doctor's note" which you get from guest relations.
The only true Front of the Line courtesy extended by Disney is to "Make a Wish" program children. These are children with extremely serious (usually terminal) conditions.

Disney does not require Doctor Notes or diagnosis to rent a wheelchair or scooter. In fact, requiring documentation would be illegal under federal ADA law.

The vast majority of wheelchair/ECV guests do not fall into the Make A Wish category. Again, non-Make A Wish wheelchair and scooter guests do NOT get front of the line access, and wait through the normal queue lines. In the few older attractions where the queues are not retrofitted to accommodate wheelchairs, there is an alternative entrance, but wheelchair users generally wait as long, sometimes longer than ambulatory guests.

For further info on wheelchair or ECV (scooter) access please see our disABILITIES! forum

A RATTLESNAKE bite??? Oh my goodness! Are you okay?

I am recovering. I was in ICU for 3 days, 4 days on the medical floor. 30 vials of anti-venom...the snake pumped a lot of venom into me.

I am walking fairly well, now, I stopped using a cane a couple of days ago. Still some swelling, but I can get my shoes on...and I've started driving again (Yay!!!).

The snake was under my washing machine (in a detached laundry room, not in the actual house), and I was putting a load of clothes in. :scared1:

I am recovering. I was in ICU for 3 days, 4 days on the medical floor. 30 vials of anti-venom...the snake pumped a lot of venom into me.

I am walking fairly well, now, I stopped using a cane a couple of days ago. Still some swelling, but I can get my shoes on...and I've started driving again (Yay!!!).

The snake was under my washing machine (in a detached laundry room, not in the actual house), and I was putting a load of clothes in. :scared1:

Wishing you a speedy recovery Chuck!

Best Wishes.
Joe

Rent a scooter from an offsite place and have it waiting for you at SSR when you arrive.

Friends of ours have used 1-800-scooter and had good luck. Plus, then you have it for all the time...SSR can be a big place to navigate around too...and not just for the parks. Plus you run the risk of there not being any left at the parks.

The only true Front of the Line courtesy extended by Disney is to "Make a Wish" program children. These are children with extremely serious (usually terminal) conditions.

Disney does not require Doctor Notes or diagosis to rent a wheelchair or scooter. In fact, requiring documentation would be illegal under federal ADA law.

The vast majority of wheelchair/ECV guests do not fall into the Make A Wish category. Again, non-Make A Wish wheelchair and scooter guests do NOT get front of the line access, and wait through the normal queue lines. In the few older attractions where the queues are not retrofitted to accomodate wheelchairs, there is an alternative entrace, but wheelchair users generally wait as long, sometimes longer than ambulatory guests.

Thank you that is what I thought but another post here said that it would or that is the way that I understood it.

Wow! Thank goodness you are alive and on the mend!! What a harrowing experience. Best wishes as you continue to recover!!

To the OP, have a GREAT trip to Disney!! :)

THe only place I have had a problem with an ECV is the Magic Kingdom. Friends had to act as a buffer so I could get through the crowd on main street.

Chuck - I hope that washing machine has found its way into the house! Glad to hear you're doing better.

Cyn

Sorry to hear about the rattlesnake adventure. Thanks goodness you were able to get treated and are on the mend!

We're now starting to look forward to this coming week's trip. Wish my calf was feeling a bit better, but all things considered no complaints here as we'll be at WDW soon!

Can't thank the folks enough for all the posts here. Again, very useful info - I have taken several folks advice and visited the disABILITIES board and read many threads there. Definitely feel like this little injury is a blessing in disguise as I've had a chance to broaden my view of the world a bit through these boards and conversations.

- Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter