Our Very Merry USO, DCL, and WDW Christmas Break!

I've really enjoyed reading about your trip so far! One of these days we need to give a Disney cruise a try. I think our grandsons would love it when they are a little older. I'm sure school is crazy for you but I'll be watching for more updates!

I have loved reading your trip reports! But I can’t seem to find your Disney world part. Am I just blind?!
Oops, accidentally replied above without quoting!!! Copying my reply here to make sure you see!

Hi!!! :) I'm glad you've enjoyed reading along! You are definitely NOT blind!!! The WDW part of the trip is still waiting to be written. After teaching Kindergarten remotely all spring, I took a DIS break and then finally finished the cruise part of our trip write up! In July, I went back to WDW and after my 14 day quarantine headed to Universal for my son's bday trip. Now, I'm back in school-mode! Hoping to get the next part written soon :)

I've really enjoyed reading about your trip so far! One of these days we need to give a Disney cruise a try. I think our grandsons would love it when they are a little older. I'm sure school is crazy for you but I'll be watching for more updates!
Thanks for reading!! :) I'm glad you enjoyed following along on our cruise. It was SO wonderful, we are seriously thinking about doing it again next Christmas (hopefully life feels a little more normal by then!) I can't wait to have time to do more updates :) It's like free therapy!!!

n July, I went back to WDW and after my 14 day quarantine headed to Universal for my son's bday trip. Now, I'm back in school-mode! Hoping to get the next part written soon :)
It just feels so good to see this in writing even though I knew about it lol! Can't wait to read more about your Dec. trip!

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!
I've been gone for far too long to even have a good excuse, so I won't try to come up with any. Suffice it to say I'M SORRY!

In real life news, I went back to school on 8/17 to set up my classroom for post-pandemic Kindergarten! I have 17 in-person learners this year, and 8 students working remotely from home. I'm responsible for teaching all of them (somehow!), so the planning and prep for lessons is taking quite a lot longer than ever before, and finding times throughout the day to check-in live with the kids at home, and grade all their work is really taking a lot out of me.

I am currently sitting in my living room doing e-learning for all 25 because we are quarantined due to some positive cases of both students and teachers last week. So, yea. The need to get back to DIS-life is real, folks!!

So, I left this TR off with us heading for Port Canaveral to board our Very Merrytime Cruise on December 23rd! Following our cruise, we debarked on the 27th, and hopped into our Happy Limo headed for Disney's Pop Century Resort!

Because I am apparently incapable of taking a quality welcome sign picture unless I am seated in the front row of DME, you get this lovely shot instead:
20191227_094600

We had checked in online, and our room wasn't ready yet, so we dropped our bags with Luggage Services and headed straight out to grab a bus headed for Magic Kingdom.
20191227_102039

Way back when we had started talking about adding WDW days to our Disney Christmas Cruise trip, it had come up that Jimmy's best friend and her family would be there during the same time! It turned out that our first WDW day would be the last of their trip. We were SO excited to be able to spend the day together. When we arrived, the park was pretty busy, so we made our way to Fantasyland and let them know we had arrived.

I snapped a few pictures as we came through the castle because WE. WERE. HOME!
20191227_112211

All of a sudden we spotted them snaking their way through the crowd and we hopped in line together to see Mickey's Philarmagic. We walked around a bit trying to decide our plan for the rest of the day, and reviewing which FPs we had together. While we were strolling, I spotted Gaston and dragged the crew along with me to get in line. Gaston was all sorts of hilarious and had the kids cracking up. He was trying to convince Molly that he had more muscles than Jimmy. I love this first picture so much because while he is 11 now and starting to look like such a "big" boy, here he's just my little guy.
1040055839_602887447 20191227_120716

When their family had been able to make ADRs, they were generous enough to book BoG for us to do together! I was really glad because I figured they would have better luck since their window opened a week before ours. So, that's where we headed next. Who knew that it would be my last croque monsieur lunch in the castle!?
20191227_121200 20191227_124042 20191227_124137 20191227_131046

Jimmy enjoyed the all-you-can-eat ketchup and the Master's Cupcake. Rob and I enjoyed our grapefruit deliciousness, and we had the best time just catching up on all the details of our friends' trip.

20191227_132826

After our delicious lunch, we headed out to enjoy the park some more. On our way through Frontierland, we came across some friendly bears:
20191227_133831 20191227_133749

I mentioned that the Once Upon a Christmastime Parade would be starting soon, and there seemed to be quite a lot of space still available to grab a front row seat, so our group decided to do just that. We only waited about 10 minutes before the parade was making it's way down the street! It did start to drizzle a little on and off, but we never bothered taking out our ponchos.
20191227_150512 20191227_150839 20191227_150957 20191227_151548

We did a lot of backtracking across the park because we had both adjusted our FPs to make them overlap, and our plans did not make a whole lot of sense, but the kids were loving riding together and we were enjoying the company in our favorite place! We rode Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin where the Dads rode together and we all enjoyed their ride pic!

1040287147_603107436

Then headed back to Liberty Square to ride Haunted Mansion. Of course, I did not tell anyone where the camera was :)
1040363225_603174610 1040363045_603174533 20191227_165112

It was time for Elsa to light up Cinderella Castle (Please someone bring back the original storyline where the Fab 5 light up the castle instead!!) so we headed toward the hub to find a spot to watch.
20191227_182235

Our timing was perfect because we actually had a late dinner planned at The Plaza this evening. But first, castle pics!
1040568211_603359181 1040568215_603366545

I probably should mention somewhere (and here's as good a place as any!) that on the last day of our cruise, I had this tightness in my chest that I couldn't shake. I felt totally fine except for that. It felt like I needed to clear my throat or as I kept saying, "I feel like I need to take a shot or something." Well, in the morning I had a sniffly nose, and by this time of the night, my nose was SO stuffed up, and runny at the same time! I was starting to feel downright miserable. I had been so looking forward to eating at The Plaza, and I ended up just getting a plate of fries to nibble on while everyone else ate. What I really wanted most at that moment was to go to bed!

Jimmy finished up his meal with this delightful treat to cap off a wonderful day of fun with his best friend!
20191227_211818

I will end this update with these ride pics...because I literally have no idea where in the course of our day we went on Space Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean!! Jimmy and Molly go to school together, and he came home the first day with this little story. "We had to tell 2 truths and a lie about ourselves, and everybody guessed Molly's wrong!! She said she rode on Space Mountain with Miss Jackie, and nobody believed her!" (I teach at their school. In fact, I taught almost all the students in their class when they were in preschool!)
1040460187_603254189 1040475647_603284957

Glad to hear you've returned! I can only imagine how insane it must be having to do double duty with teaching, but I know you must be killing it. Hope you're staying safe and healthy with all that.

What a fun little day this was! I'm sorry to hear you got a bit run-down, but it seems like you really took it in stride. Love that Mansion ride photo and just you looking like you're having more fun than the kids. We love to see it.

Will be waiting patiently to read about how this trip finished out :teeth:

I've been gone for far too long to even have a good excuse, so I won't try to come up with any. Suffice it to say I'M SORRY!
We are all in the same boat...

I have 17 in-person learners this year, and 8 students working remotely from home. I'm responsible for teaching all of them (somehow!), so the planning and prep for lessons is taking quite a lot longer than ever before, and finding times throughout the day to check-in live with the kids at home, and grade all their work is really taking a lot out of me.
Good Luck!!! I know you can do it! Today was actually the girls first day in school. They both had about 7 kids physically in the classroom. They both seemed to do well and I think it was soooo good for them to be out and about a bit.

Because I am apparently incapable of taking a quality welcome sign picture unless I am seated in the front row of DME, you get this lovely shot instead:
Me either!

Way back when we had started talking about adding WDW days to our Disney Christmas Cruise trip, it had come up that Jimmy's best friend and her family would be there during the same time! It turned out that our first WDW day would be the last of their trip. We were SO excited to be able to spend the day together. When we arrived, the park was pretty busy, so we made our way to Fantasyland and let them know we had arrived.
So fun!!!

. He was trying to convince Molly that he had more muscles than Jimmy. I love this first picture so much because while he is 11 now and starting to look like such a "big" boy, here he's just my little guy.
It's why we go! It brings the kid out in ALL of us!

Jimmy enjoyed the all-you-can-eat ketchup and the Master's Cupcake. Rob and I enjoyed our grapefruit deliciousness, and we had the best time just catching up on all the details of our friends' trip.
So fun!

We did a lot of backtracking across the park because we had both adjusted our FPs to make them overlap, and our plans did not make a whole lot of sense, but the kids were loving riding together and we were enjoying the company in our favorite place! We rode Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin where the Dads rode together and we all enjoyed their ride pic!
It is a whole new expierience when you are with friends. It's not completely about going ride to ride.

We had to tell 2 truths and a lie about ourselves, and everybody guessed Molly's wrong!! She said she rode on Space Mountain with Miss Jackie, and nobody believed her!" (I teach at their school. In fact, I taught almost all the students in their class when they were in preschool!)
I love it!

I can only imagine how insane it must be having to do double duty with teaching, but I know you must be killing it. Hope you're staying safe and healthy with all that.
Insane is the correct word. Most definitely! I'm actually really enjoying my class this year despite all the mask wearing, sanitizing and distancing we have to do. It's forcing me to get creative about all the things we've always done. Freshening things up has improved my enthusiasm for teaching!

I'm sorry to hear you got a bit run-down, but it seems like you really took it in stride. Love that Mansion ride photo and just you looking like you're having more fun than the kids. We love to see it.
I was really surprised looking at the pictures that you can never tell quite how miserable I was feeling the next couple days, LOL! Disney turns me into a kid....well, let's be honest, I'm always a kid, but I feel more free to express it!

Good Luck!!! I know you can do it! Today was actually the girls first day in school. They both had about 7 kids physically in the classroom. They both seemed to do well and I think it was soooo good for them to be out and about a bit.
It is SO good for their mental health to be in the classroom setting! I'm glad your girls are getting some in-person time in addition to e-learning. That part is just so tough!

DECEMBER 28TH

I didn't take a single picture after our dinner or upon our return to the hotel. I was in such a fog, just not feeling well and ready for bed. Thank goodness for bell services--our bags from DME and the ones they were holding had magically appeared in our room, so we were able to quickly get ready for bed. We had another MK day in the a.m.!

We headed into the park, got a couple of castle pics and rode a few favorites. We had breakfast plans at the Crystal Palace, but had some time before we needed to check in.
20191228_093653 1040781651_603538260 20191228_124219 20191228_095021 20191228_095042 1040749336_603508687
My boys are well trained in the art of hand eye-patches and finger-hooks!

Our reservation was for 10:35 a.m., so we headed over to Crystal Palace following our ride with the Pirates. There were a few parties ahead of us waiting to check in, and it was nearing our actual reservation time as we waited. Right at our reservation time, the party in front of us were trying to check in, but they were almost an hour late for their reservation. The CM informed them that they were no longer seating for breakfast, and the couple were welcome to wait for a lunch seating. I was getting really aggravated (read: HANGRY and too Type A!) because all the waiting we were doing was making us late, and I thought we were going to be turned away from breakfast, too! Luckily, to my relief, the CM was happy to look up our reservation and have us seated right away. Phew!

I love visiting with Pooh and friends at Crystal Palace. We've tried dinner before, but breakfast is definitely where it's at for us! I chose this time specifically because they start to switch one buffet line over to lunch items, and the other stays breakfast, so it's best of both worlds, which makes all 3 of us happy! I had woken up with a completely stuffed nose this morning...like could barely breath, except through my mouth. It was not very enjoyable, and caused me to not be able to taste anything I was eating! On a happier note, this was when our lovely waitress reminded us that the dining plan comes with an alcoholic beverage of your choice at all TS restaurants. Why, yes, please, I WILL have an Angry Orchard with my Mickey waffles!

Enjoy a few pics of the Hundred Acre Wood crew, and my own little crew of happy diners!
20191228_114652 20191228_113841 20191228_113901 20191228_105836

After breakfast, we planned to do a few more favorites before heading back for a pool break. Jimmy was SO excited that he was tall enough to drive his own car on the Tomorrowland Speedway!
20191228_120538

But I still made Rob go with him :rotfl::rotfl2:
20191228_120614

1040886564_603637352 20191228_123159
I beat Rob, which is all I cared about, LOL, but I still bow down to the Galactic Heroes among us, I'm looking at you, @MeghanEmily and @Pluto0809

And one last ride with our favorite happy haunts!
1040929326_603666219
Probably the last time all 3 of us will fit in one Doom Buggy, so glad I have this lovely picture to remember it by!

1041100005_603853722 1041169390_603853706

We headed out of the park, past my favorite countdown sign! I love that the Countdown to Christmas picks up immediately following 12/25! :)
20191228_132103

When we got back to our room, I quickly put up the simple decoration I had brought for the window. Usually I go bigger with lights, a wreath, etc. but since we had done all that for the cruise, I kept it more low key!
20191228_141001

We got our suits on and headed for the pool. I grabbed my refillable mug and loaded up on hot chocolate for my sore throat and sniffles. It was definitely weird to be poolside feeling like I had a winter cold, but the sunshine definitely couldn't hurt!
20191228_142232 20191228_155805 20191228_143633

After our swim, we were headed to Hollywood Studios for the evening, and we were trying out a new to us mode of transportation, too, the Skyliner!
20191228_175232 20191228_174824

We didn't have any FPs for the evening, so we just planned to wander and see what we could see. First up was Toy Story Land. There was a bit of a competition for Jimmy's attention, which was so fun to watch!
1041284136_604046488 1041284137_604046481 1041284144_604050244

Then, we got our first glimpses of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.
20191228_194051 20191228_194030 20191228_194019 20191228_193900

The last bit of fun we had planned for tonight was the Fantasmic VIP Seating and Dessert Party. The last time Rob and I went to WDW, just the two of us, we had done this event (which I found out about from one of @Whitney Springer 's TRs) and it is SO worth the price!! It's $39 per adult and $19 for ages 3 to 9. You get a box full of treats, a light up lanyard, a light up cup and complimentary beverage. For adults, it's a choice of delicious blue or purple drinks (yea, right, like I can remember what they are now!) and free refills until the show starts. You also get VIP seating, right in the center, without having to wait in line or waste a FP. Totally worth it!

Of course, just like the last time we did it, the rain started about an hour before show time, so the ponchos came out, and they kept announcing the performance may be delayed or cancelled. We checked in anyway, and got our boxed treats and drinks. We had to pay the adult price for Jimmy because he's 10, but they had no problem at all with our request to give him the box of Kid's treats instead.
20191228_203335 20191228_212533
Now, don't get me wrong, Fantasmic is really not my favorite show...not even in my top 3, but I love that boat of characters at the end, and I love that light up deliciousness :) So, I'll be back!

Initially our plan had been to wake up SUPER EARLY to get into DHS and try to obtain a boarding group for RoTR. We were hoping to bump into @Lesley Wake who had a similar plan. But, I was still feeling pretty crappy, and figured I should get more than 5 hours of sleep. We also had reservations at Oga's the following morning for around 9:30 a.m., and I just didn't know for sure how I would feel in the morning. So, as we headed out of the park, I stopped at Guest Services and explained to a lovely CM that I didn't think I felt well enough to keep our reservations, but was worried about a $30 fee for canceling so late. She kindly took care of doing it for me, so I wouldn't be charged. And although I was bummed to be scrapping my plans, I figured the extra sleep would help (hopefully!)

DECEMBER 29TH

This morning, we slept in instead of setting an alarm and rushing out the door. It was definitely needed, and I felt a little better than I had the night before. We were headed back to DHS, as planned, on the Skyliner once again, and couldn't believe how AWESOME the Skyliner transportation was! It took hardly any time at all door to door.

Jimmy wanted to check in with some of his old friends, so we headed to the Animation Courtyard first.
1041587667_604298924 1041553721_604269497 1041623403_604327867 1041648393_604351417

We headed into the Launch Bay and got in line to meet Darth Vader. The line was 35 minutes, but Jimmy really wanted to meet him while wearing his Darth Vader sweatshirt. After waiting about 5 minutes, I remembered that the VISA Meet and Greet was ALSO for Darth Vader, and with a much shorter line! So, we hopped out of one line and over to the other. Someone was just a little excited.
20191229_110500

Darth Vader walked around and looked Jimmy up and down, then he was going on and on about how he would make an excellent addition to the Dark Side. Jimmy zipped his hood up, so they could match.

1041620664_604324944 1041620660_604324617

Rob and I stepped in to join the picture, and Darth Vader told us how proud we should be of him. To which I encouraged Jimmy to shake his hand....
1041620657_604324594 1041620665_604324889
Vader replied with an emphatic, "NO." Jimmy laughed as we exited and said, "That's gonna be the funniest part of your report, Mommy!"

We had lunch reservations coming up soon, but had some time, so we decided to walk through SWGE in the daylight. We were all excited to see Chewie walking by, and managed to get a couple of PP pics, despite the heavy crowds.
1041633020_604337226 1041661703_604365673 1041661707_604365739 20191229_111838

My favorite restaurant at DHS is '50's Primetime Cafe, but I let Rob pick this time, and so we headed to his favorite, Hollywood & Vine. (Truth be told, I don't love the food here, but the characters in their rotating seasonal costumes will always bring me back!) Lunch was nothing spectacular, but I am confident I ate my fill of tator tots from the Kid's Buffet, along with a Magic Star Cocktail, which is so sweet and delicious, and costs so much I'd never buy it if it wasn't included in the dining plan!
20191229_124618 20191229_130738 1041776153_604472964

A quick Skyliner flight back to Pop Century, and another poolside hot chocolate for me!
20191229_134149 20191229_153926

We planned to spend the evening at Animal Kingdom, where we had our FPs for today.
1041998501_604708723 1042063789_604708720

We arrived just as the cute little Christmas puppets of the Merry Menagerie were heading in for the evening. We were able to see them just for a few minutes, and I'm so glad we did! It was incredible how easy it was to ignore the fact that there were puppeteers moving the creatures, they looked so lifelike in their movements!
20191229_165704 20191229_184409

We headed into Dinoland next because Rob had been insanely jealous that I met Launchpad McQuack on my EPIC Girls trip in May, so it was a priority for us to see him tonight! Imagine my surprise when not only was he meeting, but he was meeting WITH Scrooge McDuck! I snapped a picture of Jimmy with them, just in case it was a fluke and he'd be gone before it was our turn.
20191229_172810 20191229_173403 1042018190_604727133

When in AK, one must stop by to see the main mouse and his main squeeze!
1042116241_604826714 1042116247_604826811

we had some time before our FoP FP, so next on our plan was dinner at Satu'li Canteen. We mobile ordered because the line was pretty lengthy, and our food came right up! Jimmy was not so sure about his hamburger pods! Pandora glowed beautifully, and after dinner, we headed straight to FoP....Jimmy was not so sure about this either!
20191229_191209 20191229_193014 20191229_203004 20191229_193159

We headed into the decontamination, watched the follow-up video, Sivako! and then headed into our room to board our banshees....but there was a, ahem, clean up needed, so they escorted us back downstairs into the FP line once again. We didn't have to wait long before headed in for another go at decontamination. This time, they needed a party of 3, so they took us from the back of the line and sent us up the stairs. Only when we got there, we were one too many for the # of dots on the floor. Too late, the door had closed behind us and....the video had already begun, so we waited to um, fly. When the door opened to move to the next room, we informed the CM that they had sent us up, but we were one too many. She said the only way for us to ride would be to go through the decontamination room AGAIN. yes, that's right THREE TIMES. #LuckyUs

Lagoni, party of 3!
20191229_200659

FINALLY, we hoped this would be our ride!
20191229_200705

I was so proud of Jimmy for riding, even though he claims he closed his eyes for most of it. He is afraid of literally everything, so the fact that he made it on without screaming, kicking, crying, against his will was miracle enough! The fact that he got off and said it was "sort of fun" made my night! We decided to call it a night and head back to the hotel, so Jimmy could cash in on the bribery I'd offered him to try FoP--arcade time!
20191229_203736
20191229_212340

We finished up the night with a bed picnic of the goodies we'd brought home from the Fantasmic dessert party the night before! A perfect way to end a Disney day :)
20191229_213809 20191229_213739 20191229_213733

"Why yes, please, I will have an Angry Orchard with my Mickey Waffles!" If that isn't the biggest mood ever.

I love the bribery used to get Jimmy on Flight. I'm surprised he even closed his eyes, but I guess I would've too at his age. One day you'll break him and he'll love life. That sucks that you had to go through that freakin pre-show THREE TIMES. Yikes.

The photo of Jimmy with Vader and his hoodie all zipped up is great. Too bad he didn't get the handshake but you should let him know that YES, that was the funniest part of the TR lol

Suffice it to say I'M SORRY!
:hug: No worries, Jackie! Life happens. We get it. :)
I'm responsible for teaching all of them (somehow!), so the planning and prep for lessons is taking quite a lot longer than ever before, and finding times throughout the day to check-in live with the kids at home, and grade all their work is really taking a lot out of me.
Holy smokes. How do you do it?????
I am currently sitting in my living room doing e-learning for all 25 because we are quarantined due to some positive cases of both students and teachers last week. So, yea. The need to get back to DIS-life is real, folks!!
:(
Well... poop. You're not the only school experiencing that, but... :sad2:
:laughing: Welcome to Disney W...
it had come up that Jimmy's best friend and her family would be there during the same time!
Nice!
I snapped a few pictures as we came through the castle because WE. WERE. HOME!
:goodvibes
While we were strolling, I spotted Gaston and dragged the crew along with me to get in line.
Well, yeah! I mean... hello! It's Gaston!
Gaston was all sorts of hilarious and had the kids cracking up.
Good! :)
When their family had been able to make ADRs, they were generous enough to book BoG for us to do together!
Nice of them. Glad that worked out.
Who knew that it would be my last croque monsieur lunch in the castle!?
:sad2:
On our way through Frontierland, we came across some friendly bears:
Got some great shots there. :)
Then headed back to Liberty Square to ride Haunted Mansion. Of course, I did not tell anyone where the camera was :)
:thumbsup2 Keep 'em guessing.
I probably should mention somewhere (and here's as good a place as any!) that on the last day of our cruise, I had this tightness in my chest that I couldn't shake.
You scared the crap out of me! Usually when people say "Tightness in the chest", that means heart attack!!! :scared1:
What I really wanted most at that moment was to go to bed!
Awww... poor thing. :(
Okay... there's no way anyone looks this good while being sick.
I was getting really aggravated (read: HANGRY and too Type A!) because all the waiting we were doing was making us late, and I thought we were going to be turned away from breakfast, too! Luckily, to my relief, the CM was happy to look up our reservation and have us seated right away. Phew!
Phew is right! But I would've been some ticked off if I missed my ADR because they were busy serving people who were an hour late.
I chose this time specifically because they start to switch one buffet line over to lunch items, and the other stays breakfast, so it's best of both worlds
That's a good tip! Thanks!
Why, yes, please, I WILL have an Angry Orchard with my Mickey waffles!
::yes::
Jimmy was SO excited that he was tall enough to drive his own car on the Tomorrowland Speedway!
I bet he was!
But I still made Rob go with him :rotfl::rotfl2:
:laughing:
I beat Rob, which is all I cared about
::yes:: That's always all that matters.
but I still bow down to the Galactic Heroes among us, I'm looking at you, @MeghanEmily and @Pluto0809
I did it too! :)
49561480242_f743480680_z.jpg
This is such a great shot. :) Very nice memory.
We headed out of the park, past my favorite countdown sign! I love that the Countdown to Christmas picks up immediately following 12/25! :)
Had no idea they did that. :)
You have a little tattoo on your foot!
Great shot! :laughing:
The last bit of fun we had planned for tonight was the Fantasmic VIP Seating and Dessert Party. The last time Rob and I went to WDW, just the two of us, we had done this event (which I found out about from one of @Whitney Springer 's TRs) and it is SO worth the price!! It's $39 per adult and $19 for ages 3 to 9. You get a box full of treats, a light up lanyard, a light up cup and complimentary beverage. For adults, it's a choice of delicious blue or purple drinks (yea, right, like I can remember what they are now!) and free refills until the show starts. You also get VIP seating, right in the center, without having to wait in line or waste a FP. Totally worth it!
That does sound pretty good. Like you, I'm not a huge fan of F!, but... I'll keep this in mind.
Of course, just like the last time we did it, the rain started about an hour before show time
:sad2:
Now, don't get me wrong, Fantasmic is really not my favorite show...not even in my top 3, but I love that boat of characters at the end, and I love that light up deliciousness :) So, I'll be back!
Light up deliciousness does sound tempting. :)
Someone was just a little excited.
Oh really? Doesn't show. :rolleyes1
Vader replied with an emphatic, "NO." Jimmy laughed as we exited and said, "That's gonna be the funniest part of your report, Mommy!"
:lmao:
Tell Jimmy, he's right! I usually smile when I read something funny. It's rare that I actually LOL. I did for that!
My favorite restaurant at DHS is '50's Primetime Cafe,
:thumbsup2
It was incredible how easy it was to ignore the fact that there were puppeteers moving the creatures, they looked so lifelike in their movements!
Really! Never seen them.
Jimmy was not so sure about this either!
That shot is hilarious! :laughing:
We headed into the decontamination, watched the follow-up video, Sivako! and then headed into our room to board our banshees....but there was a, ahem, clean up needed, so they escorted us back downstairs into the FP line once again. We didn't have to wait long before headed in for another go at decontamination. This time, they needed a party of 3, so they took us from the back of the line and sent us up the stairs. Only when we got there, we were one too many for the # of dots on the floor. Too late, the door had closed behind us and....the video had already begun, so we waited to um, fly. When the door opened to move to the next room, we informed the CM that they had sent us up, but we were one too many. She said the only way for us to ride would be to go through the decontamination room AGAIN. yes, that's right THREE TIMES. #LuckyUs
OMG. That's... awful.
But I've read that since then, they've removed the "ums". Thank goodness.

In real life news, I went back to school on 8/17 to set up my classroom for post-pandemic Kindergarten! I have 17 in-person learners this year, and 8 students working remotely from home. I'm responsible for teaching all of them (somehow!), so the planning and prep for lessons is taking quite a lot longer than ever before, and finding times throughout the day to check-in live with the kids at home, and grade all their work is really taking a lot out of me.

I'm sure this is hard, but I'm sure you'll be just as amazing this year as any other :hug:

We decided to hold off on sending my niece this year to Kindergarten. She had just turned 5 in August and was really ready in every way, but hoping and praying next year we're more back to normal.

I am currently sitting in my living room doing e-learning for all 25 because we are quarantined due to some positive cases of both students and teachers last week.

Oh, no!

I love this first picture so much because while he is 11 now and starting to look like such a "big" boy, here he's just my little guy.

Such a great picture! It goes by too quickly :love:

Jimmy and Molly go to school together, and he came home the first day with this little story. "We had to tell 2 truths and a lie about ourselves, and everybody guessed Molly's wrong!! She said she rode on Space Mountain with Miss Jackie, and nobody believed her!"

:rotfl2:

My boys are well trained in the art of hand eye-patches and finger-hooks!

We really need to get better at coordinating our poses as a family :goodvibes

I love visiting with Pooh and friends at Crystal Palace. We've tried dinner before, but breakfast is definitely where it's at for us

I love the breakfast there and have to remember to go back again someday when the characters come back :love:

but I love that boat of characters at the end, and I love that light up deliciousness :) So, I'll be back!

I've never done the package, but it looks like fun!

(Truth be told, I don't love the food here, but the characters in their rotating seasonal costumes will always bring me back!) L

We actually have an ADR here for October…let's see if we actually go :rolleyes1

She said the only way for us to ride would be to go through the decontamination room AGAIN. yes, that's right THREE TIMES. #LuckyUs

Yuck. Once is bad enough.

We finished up the night with a bed picnic of the goodies we'd brought home from the Fantasmic dessert party the night before! A perfect way to end a Disney day :)

Just perfect :-)

Sounds like a fun day back on land at MK and getting to see the Christmas parade!

I'm sorry you were starting to feel run down :(

Sounds like a great MK morning, love the castle PP pics! And you can never go wrong with breakfast at the Crystal Palace!

Fun evening at DHS!

I'm sorry you had to rearrange your plans for the next morning, but sounds like it was the right call! Sounds like another fun morning/afternoon! And a nice night at AK!

Hope you are back at school too. I cannot imagine trying to teach in person and virtually at the same time. Our schools ended up going all virtual, but if they had gone back they were going to separate the virtual vs. in person classes.

How fun that Jimmy got to spend time with his friends in Magic Kingdom!!! As we know with only children special things like that really matter.

Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well, but good to see that you are pushing through. Being sick on vacation is the absolute worst.

Loving Jimmy's pictures with Darth Vadar, though I never would have pegged him for the dark side :earboy2:

What a fun trip report! I am so excited to see that Jimmy was willing to try new things and seemed to be enjoying the majority of them! How did he like that cheeseburger pod? 🍔

"Why yes, please, I will have an Angry Orchard with my Mickey Waffles!" If that isn't the biggest mood ever.
:earsgirl:

I love the bribery used to get Jimmy on Flight. I'm surprised he even closed his eyes, but I guess I would've too at his age. One day you'll break him and he'll love life. That sucks that you had to go through that freakin pre-show THREE TIMES. Yikes.

The photo of Jimmy with Vader and his hoodie all zipped up is great. Too bad he didn't get the handshake but you should let him know that YES, that was the funniest part of the TR lol
I have led him astray about a few rides (ahem, looking at you Jurassic Park River Adventure), so I was surprised he believed me enough to go on FoP at all! My DREAM would be for him to suddenly realize he loves rollercoasters and ride Rock'n Rollercoaster and Hulk with me. Maybe someday!! And yes, it SUCKED so incredibly much to have to do that preshow 3 times. I have PTSD about that experience. When we were there in July, I had all my fingers crossed that history wouldn't repeat itself!

Jimmy was very excited that people agree with him on the hilarity of Darth Vader refusing to shake his hand!

Okay... there's no way anyone looks this good while being sick.
Honestly, as I am going through these pictures, I can remember how HORRIBLE I was feeling, and I was thinking the same thing!! I'm glad the photo evidence doesn't match how I felt!! I probably wouldn't share if it did!

That's a good tip! Thanks!
That is one of my favorite tips! We do the same thing when we eat at Tusker House. Shoot for a reservation around 10:35, so you get breakfast AND the switchover to lunch. Yummmm. Beating the system tastes delicious!

You have a little tattoo on your foot!
Sure do! My grandma passed away from Alzheimer's in 2016. When I went away to summer camp and then when I was away at college, we always wrote letters back and forth, and I saved them all. My tattoo was pieced together from two notes. It says "My Darling~Love Always."

Light up deliciousness does sound tempting. :)
Let's be honest. If it comes with a glow cube, I'm drinking it!

:lmao:
Tell Jimmy, he's right! I usually smile when I read something funny. It's rare that I actually LOL. I did for that!
He is pretty pleased with himself that people agree with him :) I'm glad he wasn't upset Vader wouldn't shake his hand, and instead found it hilarious!

I'm sure this is hard, but I'm sure you'll be just as amazing this year as any other :hug:

We decided to hold off on sending my niece this year to Kindergarten. She had just turned 5 in August and was really ready in every way, but hoping and praying next year we're more back to normal.
I think that's really a smart decision, despite her being 5 and ready to go. Kindergarten just isn't the same this year, and though I'm trying to still make it a happy place to be, I find myself missing so much of what makes it truly magical. I hope next year things will be able to feel more "normal" in my classroom!

We actually have an ADR here for October…let's see if we actually go :rolleyes1
I truly hope you get to go, Kelly!! It makes me so sad you've had to cancel your other trips. My fingers are crossed for you!

Sounds like a fun day back on land at MK and getting to see the Christmas parade!

I'm sorry you were starting to feel run down :(
I am so glad we were able to see the parade on this day because we didn't end up catching it again! I felt pretty crummy, but being in my favorite place sure helped!!

Hope you are back at school too. I cannot imagine trying to teach in person and virtually at the same time. Our schools ended up going all virtual, but if they had gone back they were going to separate the virtual vs. in person classes.
Still not back to school. Supposed to go back 9/28, barring any new information or announcements I haven't heard yet! I'll still be teaching my 8 full-time e learners, and 17 in person, but I had sort of gotten into the swing of that routine. All 25 e-learning from home has been NOT great.

How fun that Jimmy got to spend time with his friends in Magic Kingdom!!! As we know with only children special things like that really matter.
It was the first time he has been to a Disney Park with anyone besides us to have fun with. It was SO fun to watch him experience the day with his friends, and to hear him giving them fun facts and tips what to ride next, which way to get here and there, etc.

Loving Jimmy's pictures with Darth Vadar, though I never would have pegged him for the dark side :earboy2:
He's a flip-flopper!! He loves Darth for some reason, but he has no loyalty to either side LOL

What a fun trip report! I am so excited to see that Jimmy was willing to try new things and seemed to be enjoying the majority of them! How did he like that cheeseburger pod? 🍔
I couldn't believe he was willing to try anything because he can be SO stubborn sometimes! He actually really enjoyed it. I should've taken an after picture once he started eating :)

I can remember how HORRIBLE I was feeling,
:hug:
That is one of my favorite tips! We do the same thing when we eat at Tusker House. Shoot for a reservation around 10:35, so you get breakfast AND the switchover to lunch. Yummmm. Beating the system tastes delicious!
:laughing: I'm sure it does! I really need to remember this!
My grandma passed away from Alzheimer's in 2016.
I'm sorry. :hug:
My tattoo was pieced together from two notes. It says "My Darling~Love Always."
That's beautiful. And a loving remembrance of her.
Let's be honest. If it comes with a glow cube, I'm drinking it!

DECEMBER 30TH

We woke up pretty refreshed from turning in a little earlier the night before, and we were headed for Morning Extra Magic Hours at Animal Kingdom. Jimmy was still looking pretty snoozy, but was excited to wear his Carnotaurus shirt today!
20191230_063637

The sun was still rising as we were arriving at the park, and it made for such a beautiful sky!
20191230_070545 20191230_070722 20191230_071013 20191230_072427

I hadn't remembered seeing these guys before, but they are tucked along the path right across from the Up! bird show adventure (totally not what it's called, but you know what I'm talking about...hopefully!)
20191230_072448

Rob re-proposed to me in this spot on our vow renewal trip back in 2006. Of course, he didn't actually want to recreate the pose here with me, so I did what any good mother would do and forced Jimmy to take a picture with me instead!
20191230_072558

We made our way over to Pandora, where we had a FP for NRJ. Rob and I had been on it, but I wanted Jimmy to experience both Pandora rides on this trip, so got FPs for each one on a different day. (I hate ride tiers!) I'm so glad we had ridden with a FP the day before because the FoP wait was insane almost immediately after park opening!
20191230_073737 20191230_074333

Next up was a favorite and must-do for us, Kilimanjaro Safari. Jimmy's backwards hat just cracked me up, apparently so much that I had to take a picture to document it while we made our way through the line. I'll spare you the hundreds of pictures I took, most of which are blurry or have very far away tiny cheetahs in them, and just share a few that are fun!
20191230_081449 20191230_083401(0) 20191230_082615 20191230_083117 @buzzrelly 's tree!

After our safari, we walked along the trail and ended up back in the marketplace where I had Animal Kingdom's best breakfast offering, a Simba pretzel with plastic cheese. MMMM, it really hit the spot right at that moment!
20191230_084848

Jimmy was being a bit of a rotten crab apple at this point, and we thought maybe we had been pushing him too far on not enough sleep. I was starting to feel a little better, and hoping he wasn't starting to get sick at the same time! We decided to do just a couple more things that had been on our list for AK, since this was our last day visiting that park for the trip, and then we'd head back to the pool for a break!

As we were heading for It's Tough to be a Bug (one of Jimmy's favs!) we noticed Timon and Rafiki would be meeting in 10 minutes, so we hopped right into the very short line. Well, it turned out that Rafiki had something to take care of with Simba, so he wouldn't be joining us, but we got the cutest pictures ever of Jimmy and Timon, so I'm glad we took the time to wait! First there was dancing, then acting like different animals, lots of hugs and eventually a pose for the camera :)
1042464451_605111876 1042464450_605111031 20191230_093217 1042464455_605111803

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!