Our wonderful stay at HIFS! June 4-June 14

Katie

DIS Veteran
We stayed at HIFS for 10 glorious nights! We were totally thrilled with the rooms and the pools! The food court was priced right also!

Our room had a large living room with a big tv, digital safe, vcr, small table, small kitchenette with cabinets for storage of food. The bathrrom was exceptionally clean. The shower pressure was great! In the bathrrom there is a large cut-out area for storage of all kinds of things!

The master bedroom had a closet(mirrored doors(see comment below about the lock and door..and you will understand the comment about mirrored doors!!)!), TV, VCR, 4 drawers, plus a few shelves around the tV. Kingsize bed with lots of pillows, 2 nightstands. A wonderful vanity area equipped with a make-up mirror, hairdryer, drawer..and 4 plug ins!!! A dream come true in a hotel!!! Plus this room has a door with a lock( you know, 10 days is a long time....without a door and a lock..and this place had it! Great!!)

The bed is high enough to store all your luggage under the bed!!! Great idea again!!

The kids' room does NOT have a door, but has a curtain! The room has a bunk beds, a small table, a cot folded up( we never used this), a TV, VCR, NINENTENDO, CD player, 2 very small drawers, and small shelves( that were NOT VERY DEEP).

The kids' room actually needed more drawer space!! That was my only complaint with the rooms was drawer space!

My oldest slept ont he sofa sleeper in the living room and never complained about it's comfort, so I guess It must have been good!

The pool was wonderful..warm and fun! The only complaint is it was closed several times( almost daily) during part of the day. A storm ANYWHERE in the area, automatically closed the pool, this got a bit frustrating..because it storms alot in the late afternoon in JUNE!). Sometimes, it would be perfectly nice at HIFS..but a dark cloud would be somewhere..and they still closed the pool.

The pool was also closed for puke in the pool( YUK) and another incident..they would NOT reveal what!

But when the pool was open, It was grand!

We ate the the food court several times. Kids under 12 eat free...the first few times..I dragged my kids with me because the sign said the KIDS had to be present to get the free meals. Well, I was the ONLY person there with kids..so after a few days.. I just went by myself( and brought the food to the pool area where the kids were there with their dad). I got a Supreme pizza and coke for me..and 4 free kids cheese pizza and drinks! 6.38!!!!

We all ate for 6.38!!( i know, my husband is NOT technically a kid..but he ate a kid's meal everyday..otherwise he would just eat the kid's leftovers.) The food court staff was terribly INEFFICIENT. Plan on at least 15 minutes to get the food after you order....but for the price I couldn't complain!

There is also a small grocery store that has Krispy Kreme Doughnuts! They go fast..but we had some several mornings!

Breakfast was a bit disappointing! We found things to eat,,but it was NOT grand!

We did Karoke one night..the kids loved it!!!

The pool bar is nice..again pricy..but convienent! AFter the second day..we just brought a small cooler down to the pool area filled with drinks for the kids..and some for us!

Any questions..?????

overall all, we will never stay on site again! for 99.00 it was hard to beat1

Location was great the longest was to MK and that was only 6-8 minutes to the parking lot. The TTC center was busy..and we were spoiled by always staying at the POLY in that sense...But that was the only downfall of not staying at the POLY!

Epcot and MGM was even shorter! AK was a bit longer..but not much!

Get directions for coming home from MK..because once you get the right way home..it is a breeze too!

Oh by the way , we requested building 7 or 8..we got 11..but it was nice and convienent also!

any more??

Thanks for the info. We are thinking of staying here in January and it sounds great!

your stay. I have heard many positive things about HIFS (along with the great rates); will certainly be sure and reccommend them to any friends or family that are going down in the future along with the other offsite properties that I have read about.

When reading your review, I can totally relate in not wanting to stay onsite at Disney when going to WDW after experiencing being off property.

Personally for us, we have found excellent deals in the process which means a greater number/variety of amenities for significantly less money. In addition we feel that our accomodations are definitely much more comfortable, relaxing, and spacious offsite than in Disney for the entire family as well as convenient all the way around.

Nice to hear you had a good vacation.

Would love to get the $99 rate for May 2002 trip. HIFS is $119 now for May 2002. How did you get this great rate? Thanks,Debbie-Indiana

I luv to hear good things about this hotel! originally booked elsewhere and after reading these boards I switched to HIFS. I can't wait to get there! Thanks for posting.

Curly:wave:

Thanks for the great review! After reading how cheap dinner is there, I might have to cancel some PS's to save money! LOL! 20 days to HIFS for me!!!

I know this is a stupid question but what is HIFS?

Hi All , I am going HIFS in Dec 2001.. It looks Great , i am surprising my 2 children in Oct for their birthday with this Disney Christmas trip.. I am bringing my Mom and Sister along as well and we are getting a very good senior discount.. check it out ( she is 51 and we are getting a kidsuite for 79.00 per night -before tax) :pinkbounc

Where did you get the $119 rate for May? The cheapest I have been able to find is $132. We will be there May 4 through May 12 and would love to find a cheaper rate!

Try the valuetrip rate! That is how I got the 99.00 a nite in June!

I think there is a website exactly for that..but unfortunely, I can't remember the url!

Hi,
In answer to your question of the $119 rate I got from HIFS. The reservationist initially told me it was $144 then when I asked about AAA rate she said $129 and I then told her I had read posts here about cheaper rates she then said she could give me a $119 rate. I went thru the hotel direct to make the reservation.I also asked about the value trip rate and she said that was only thru 2001 and the value trip rates for 2002 (if any )would be set closer to 2002. She said the popularity of the hotel has lessened then need for introductory promotional rates like the $99 value trip rate.Hope she was wrong and we see some more $99 rates for 2002. I would keep an eye out for any cheaper rates as 2002 gets near. Debbie-Indiana

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter