Outlander Season 4 (Spoilers)

I'm assuming that most people aren't thinking about it when watching the show but definitely understand why a nurse would watch with different eyes than the rest of us.
Hygiene was such a prolific subject in the books that I'm going to assume it was addressed in a previous season, and therefore wasn't needed in every and any episode that involves some sort of medical procedure. I'm sure viewers aren't tuning in to see if Claire washes her hands and her instruments each week LOL
Hygiene has been covered in the TV show as well as Claire often has explained to Jamie about germs, how they cause infections, the need for cleaning her instruments with alcohol and or boiling them in water. She does go into further details in the books. But one must remember although she has 20th century medical knowledge she is working with 18th century resources and travelling too.

So glad that Doughtlander is finally over! I liked the episode, didn't love it. The leads don't seem to have their usual chemistry, did they break up? And I hated Jamie's hair. I expected Steven Bonnet to be bigger and more threatening but I know they do their best.

The lack of chemistry was my main issue with the 3rd season. I was beginning to think I was the only one that noticed. :p To me, their chemistry in the first two seasons was what made you think nothing could keep them apart. It's hard to believe they have a connection that keeps drawing them together, when they obviously lack chemistry.

Last edited:

What does everyone think of the season so far?

I'm enjoying it well enough. Seems to be following the books rather well. This season, so far, is a bit of a different feels since they are so isolated on the mountain--not as many characters/people as we are used to seeing but I'm pretty sure that will change soon.

I am loving this season, today's episode was the best so far. The last 15 minutes broke my heart though. Can't wait for next week!

Can't find any information about how many episodes this season. Amazon lists 8, surely there are more than that?

What did everyone think of the last couple of episodes?

It was interesting seeing Willie (pardon me, William, lol) and of course Bree and Roger.

I did read some complaints online about how the series' storylines have differed from the books. Actually, reviews were mixed - some liked it, and some didn't. I still haven't read the books, but I've read enough online that I know what's in the books. I've been enjoying the series and also reading what's in the books, in comparison.

DS has begun watching the whole series from the beginning (on the Amazon Prime app) and I'm watching some old ones with him at the same time along with the new ones. It's been fun seeing him get hooked on the series, too. He has Scottish ancestry on DH's side so I got him a "Clan XXXX" shirt for him for XMas, can't wait to see his reaction!

I have to say that I think the last couple of episodes have been a little bit boring. I know the story kind of goes tame for a little while and will pick up soon but I've ended every episode thinking it was just kind of nice but not amazing.

The last 2 episodes bored me to tears, especially the one with William and Lord John. I do love Bree and Roger, so I was glad to see them come back.

What did everyone think of the last couple of episodes?

It was interesting seeing Willie (pardon me, William, lol) and of course Bree and Roger.

I did read some complaints online about how the series' storylines have differed from the books. Actually, reviews were mixed - some liked it, and some didn't. I still haven't read the books, but I've read enough online that I know what's in the books. I've been enjoying the series and also reading what's in the books, in comparison.

DS has begun watching the whole series from the beginning (on the Amazon Prime app) and I'm watching some old ones with him at the same time along with the new ones. It's been fun seeing him get hooked on the series, too. He has Scottish ancestry on DH's side so I got him a "Clan XXXX" shirt for him for XMas, can't wait to see his reaction!
Eh, some parts I have liked and others not. I think the older William was not so great. His constant twisting of his face (facial expressions) was strange. And as much as I like Tobias Menzies, I was not a fan of the changes in the story to have him discover the obituary. I also did not like Bree going to Laoghaire's house, that whole thing was just dumb, but I didn't like any of the changes relating to her or Frank in past seasons either. I hope the meeting of Bree and Jamie will be what I want it to be. I'm thinking of it like the print shop episode last year (which I think was very well done except the fact that Jamie did not get as emotional over seeing the photos of Bree as he should have!).

Edited to add, I also don’t like that they kept Murtagh around.

Last edited:
It's been so long that I read the books that I don't mind the changes. I really liked the episode before last "Blood of my Blood" with Lord John and Willie. I am anxiously waiting for Briana to get to Jamie and Claire.

Oh, and I really liked that Briana ended up at Laoghaire's house.

Now, someone remind me...the woman and baby that Roger saved, who are they? I know they are Mackenzie but how do they end up being related to Roger?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter