Overweight at Legoland?

LibrarianBecky

Mouseketeer
I am overweight (~size 22) and never have trouble fitting into things at Disney. I've read a good bit about being "pooh sized" at Universal, so I'm prepared for what I can and cannot ride there. However, I haven't read anything about being overweight at Legoland. Will I be able to ride things with my son?(Coastersaurus, Project X, and The Dragon specifically). Anyone have experience with this and wouldn't mind sharing?

Thank you!

My husband was 6 feet and 290 lbs when we went to Legoland. There's a coaster called Flying School that was difficult for him. The worker was overly helpful and tried a few ways to get the latch to click, which it eventually did and he was able to ride.

Hi all! I thought I would reply to my own post with my LEGOLAND experience, in case it would help someone else. As stated, I'm around a size 22, with most of my weight carried in my stomach area. As a matter of comparision, I've never had trouble riding anything at Disney because of my size. I was able to ride Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringott's at Universal, but was not able to get the green light on Forbidden Journey.

Here's the low down on coasters at LEGOLAND:

I was able to ride Project X without any trouble. I was able to ride Flying School as well, though it did require a second employee to buckle the safety belt while the first kind of squished me into the harness. They were very nice about it, but it was definitely only something I would want to ride once. I let my son ride a few more times by himself--I didn't want to have to go through the experience of getting buckled in again.

Coastersaurus was a no go for me. I was too big for the bar to catch. Honestly, that was okay because the amount of leg room in the car is ridiculous--I'm 5'2 and felt like my knees were in my throat. Not sure how tall people do it. The bad thing about this was that after they told me I couldn't ride, I had to step over my son to get to the platform on the exiting side of the coaster. This was fairly awkward, just because it was hard to do. Also, I'm not easily embarrassed over my weight (I figure that it isn't exactly a secret that I'm overweight, so I try not to let me bother me), but I did hear someone on the ride make a comment that I had to get off because I didn't fit. I don't think they were trying to be mean, but that was a bit embarrassing.

Dragon was also a no go--there sign states that there is a 330lb weight limit per car. Between myself and my son, we were pretty much at that limit, so I didn't want to chance it. Looking back on it, I could have just ridden in my own car. They would have let me and it would not have been a big deal, but I was kind of roller coastered out by that point in the day, so I just let him ride by himself.

All in all, we had a great day at LEGOLAND. It isn't Disney, but it was a nice little park. While I had issues with fitting on some of the coasters, it really is the kind of place that is more for kids than adults. My son absolutely loved it, so I was glad we went.

Hope this helps!

I've read a good bit about being "pooh sized" at Universal, so I'm prepared for what I can and cannot ride there.
Interesting they would use "Pooh Sized" at Universal. Pooh is a Disney character. Shouldn't that be Hulk sized, or maybe someone with bit too much Betty Boop?

Thanks for the update. I don't normally have a lot of problems (6'3" north of 250), but there are a couple of coasters where the bars seem to ride a little bit high. Actually, DS (who is a lot taller now than in my avatar) doesn't like riding with me on rides with shared bars (like EE) because the bar rides too high for his slender form.

didnt read thread, but alot of it has a weight limit and an age limit of 12....great park...but too much $$ for value this year..(had a great price first year...and look for kids free coupons all over)

My hubby is Pooh sized & the only coaster at Legoland he really fits in is Project X. Dragon he can do in his own car (he's 6'3" and right at about 330) and Coasterasaurus he used to be able to do in his own car before they updated the cars but went on once since the update & managed to smash himself in & said never again! (I am 5'1" and thin & even I thought the new cars were small & uncomfortable!) He has tried more than once but never been able to ride Flying School.
He still enjoys going to Legoland though & there are plenty of other things he can do with our 4 1/2 yr old. Interestingly enough he is able to get on the kiddie rides in Duplo Land if you have a really little one. Probably not the most comfortable but he fits!

If anyone has any updates to this thread or changes that have taken place, please let me know. We are going at the end of May, 2018. Thank you so much for the tips given so far.

I haven't been to Lego land, but can vouch that Universal now has Pooh-sized seats on all the popular rides. I am big and had no trouble at all fitting in the seats on anything. Just ask the ride operator to seat you in the back.

Can you give an update on LEGOland rides? We are going the end of July and just wondering if anything has changed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter