Package Forwarding Services...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkE83

Mouseketeer
I figure there must be some people on here who have purchased stuff from the various Disney / US based websites, and have them forwarded to the UK by a forward shipping company - so who do / did you use, and how did you find them?

I am looking at MyUS at the moment, they seem to be best reviewed on places like TrustPilot, and they are very active on Facebook and Twitter, answering my questions honestly (not pushing me for the premium subscription service etc). I don't get married until August, but would like to order these soon (Maybe March) as I anticipate them taking a while to get here.

For anyone who is curious... I'm ordering 10lbs (5KG) of personalized M&M's - the US website's offerings wipes the floor with the UK site... I'm aware this isn't going to be cheap to ship, but they're for our wedding favours, so very much a once off!

I've already spoke to food standards agency about that- as its for personal consumption (and I can prove it), it'll just be up to customs person that inspects it whether I'll have to pay for customs or not! But I am prepared for it if I have to :)

Mokingjay services is another one...they are initially from the UK they will post items back

Well, we're now at the end of my importing adventure. Here's what I did:

I purchased 10lbs of custom M&Ms from mymms.com - they'd only take US credit cards, so I used a virtual credit card from entropay. Unlike some other providers, there was no delay between you paying them and then making the money available to you.

I had the package forwarded to myUS - a shipping agent in Sarasota, Florida. They then forward the package to me.

I also had to pay VAT on this - I paid this directly to DHL via their website the day before it was delivered.

From the moment I placed the order to the moment I received it in my hand was 2 weeks.

The box was heavy, weighing 12 pounds / 6kg. It cost £93 to ship it via DHL express. No idea how competitive that is compared to the real world, but it was the best price myUS had.

All in all positive experiences all around. I wouldn't do it frequently, but it was worth while for this one off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter