Package vs booking separately Pre-trip planning

disnutz

Mouseketeer
Just wanted to share a bit of information that may help some others on the board. We are heading to Universal at the end of July. "We" are me, hubby, DD (23) and DS(17). DS is the world biggest HP fan, and would gladly go to Universal for every vacation. we go every other year or so, and this trip is for his graduation present. Last trip we snagged the 2 day ticket + 12 days free which was perfect, since he loves to go the park every day. I do not need to, but he does. We always stay at Hard Rock for the convenience. For this trip, I had a room only reservation that I got back in April. But as I started looking at tickets, I was disappointed to find that the 14 day was gone. The best I could do was 5 day/3 park hoppers(from undercover) and that was at a price of $1384. When added to my hotel, our total was $4355 (HRH pool view 2 Q). Arg. So I keep checking and looking, thinking if I could get an APH I would get it for him and eh could go to the parks every day. But that was still very pricey unless we did premier passes because of blockouts.
So yesterday, I was fiddling with the universal site. I plugged in our dates under the splash package and low and behold, a 3 park "explorer ticket" came up, which allows 3 park, park to park access, for your entire stay. WAIT was it too good to be true???
So I look up HRH - pool view 2Q still available. Woo! I price it out.. What is this... $238 cheaper than separate?? Can that be right? I call the 800# - unfortunately they cannot transfer my booking to a package (which seem very silly but whatever) but I can cancel and book. So I did.
The only downside is that it is non-refundable and you pay in advance. But I am not cancelling this trip, and it saves me coming back to a big bill after vacation, so I am ok with that.
Just wanted to make sure to share, in case anyone else finds that the package rates sometimes are cheaper. The universal guy did say that was the only way to get the 14 days, and that he was a little surprised it was cheaper for us. I have cancelled my room in case anyone is looking for HRH.

Damo - can you tell me where? I looked everywhere for it and could not find it except for one time share required place. I would love to know for next time.

Actually I had seen both of them, but the sites were UK and Germany, and to be frank, I was somewhat leary of using them. To each his own, but I am just as pleased to go with the universal package. Again, I am not usually one for the packages, but in this case, it worked out for me.

Believe we had posters to confirm the Germany source was valid and a big savings

A friend of mine went with them and are all set now

Presently the park explorer tickets are a fantastic deal!!

As a mod I check everything I can to make sure there are no catches or loopholes involved before I recommend them

Do have to say the explorer tickets 3 park are a deal

Macraven - thanks for the info! I appreciate you weighing in, and would have an easier time knowing that these have been checked out. IN the meantime, the package worked good for us.

My family and I also got the three park explorer tickets along with booking a stay at Cabana Bay. It was a nice thing to finish the whole package at the same time from the same source.

I usually book everything separately. But this deal was better than anything I found elsewhere.

Last time we went I bought 2 week passes from Undercover Tourist. As wet n wild closed, those tickets were not available anymore. The only beef I had with those tickets was having to spend time picking them up at a certain fedex store. Other than that they worked out fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter