Packing for Disney World...December Weather?

KY_Minnie

Mousketeer
I leave for Disney this Sunday!!!:cool1: This is my first trip in December since I was a baby. We're supposed to have great weather next week (woohoo!!) but I wanted to know how y'all pack for Disney this time of year? Are t-shirts way for during the day? Too cold for t-shirts at night? What about nighttime?

Thanks in advance!

DH and I just got back from our trip, ending Dec. 8. We've also been to WDW in January. We packed for warm weather and cooler weather. We had days where the high was 53, then a few days later the high was 88 with high humidity. We also had an evening with an absolute downpour, and very cold windy days. The weather is so unpredictable! We would look at the weather forecast the night before and again the morning of to determine what to wear for the day. On most days I layered my clothes, wearing a t-shirt, a thin jacket, and then a thicker fleece jacket. Then I could take off a layer as the day got warmer. I carried a backpack, but you could also use the lockers in the parks if you don't want to carry around extra clothing. I also carried an umbrella and a few disposable ponchos in my backpack. On most days I needed both jackets in the early mornings, and again in the evenings.

Have a magical vacation!

We also just got back and agree with the previous poster. The weather was all over the place, so I would bring lots of layers for different days. There were days in the 70s where we wore t-shirts during the day. Other days it was in the 50s and we wore sweatshirts (and a light down jacket over it at night!). In general every night was too cold for just t-shirts. I like having a packable down jacket (like the ones Uniqlo sells) in my park bag because it doesn't take up much space, but provides a lot of warmth.

We also had one day that it downpoured in the morning so I had a light rain coat (the kind you bring hiking, but you could use a poncho instead) and a small travel umbrella. It rained so hard I was glad to have both!

Have fun! The parks and resorts are extra magical this time of year :-)

When we go in the winter lockers are our friends! We layer like PP and sometimes in the middle of the day when you're down to the fewest layers your bag can get really heavy carrying all the cast-offs. So we rent a locker and remember that if you park hop, take your receipt and your locker at the next park is free :)

A good hat and pair of gloves can also make a world of difference during the cooler nights.

All previous posts have good info. Sitting at MCO right now after a week at the parks. Yesterday was warm enough for t shirt and shorts during day, add on a light jacket or hoodie at night. Earlier in the week I had a windbreaker over a warm sweater with gloves to be comfortable. Layering options always help, lockers are a godsend, especially since you can go in and out of them all day. Have fun!

It can vary widely.
Was there from the 7th to 11th and the 7th and 8th were nice and didn't need a jacket. The 9th was rainy/windy in the morning and then warm and sunny for a little while in the afternoon and slightly chilly at night. Had a light zip up hoodie for the evening.The 10th was cold from start to finish. Wore the light zip up hoodie all day and was still cold. It only reached 60 and that was only for a little while. It was 48 and breezy in the evening and had a wind chill of 43.
I ended up buying another light zip up hoodie to put on over my other one. The morning of the 11th it was 43.
Each day I wore leggings and my legs were fine on all days.

You are already there, but for any other reading the thread remember to wear layers. Add a layer if it gets cool, take one off if it gets warmer.

We bring the same amount of clothes as summer, but sub half pants/long sleeves and a jacket. We’ve sweated out afternoons wearing fall clothes in order to be comfortable at night.

We bring the same amount of clothes as summer, but sub half pants/long sleeves and a jacket. We’ve sweated out afternoons wearing fall clothes in order to be comfortable at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter