Packing

RDP

DIS Veteran
what do you always forget to pack? Keep thinking I'm going to forget some essential item!

Generally we're pretty good but dh forgot his brand new sunglasses one year. He had them on in the car on the way to Gatwick in the morning, stuck them in the glove box when we stopped at fleet services and then realised he'd left them.behind just after we'd gone through security :rotfl: so always remember to check the car before you leave it just in case there's any items hidden in there!

Travel adaptor. We left it at home one year and had an early trip to the gift shop so we could charge our phones, camcorder etc

We went on an Alaskan cruise in June... getting ready at the airport hotel that morning I discovered that all my MAC make up brushes were still in Norwich! Luckily I could replace them at Heathrow... but that was a costly little shopping spree and a very ugly check in!!!!

Last edited:

We are leaving this Friday for our WDW trip. Last night I seen a long list sitting on the table. It was my daughter's packing list. I more or less do the same thing over a few days, add things, take things off. If I forget anything, it so minor it doesn't matter.

We always start a list abour 4-5 months before we go and add to it when we remember something so by the time we get to 2 weeks before flying everything should be on the list. If its not then it couldnt have been important if we couldnt think about it over a 4 month period :)
Its always worth checking out websites that give a what to pack list. Most items are not needed but the odd one you think oh yeah I musnt forget that too then add it to the list. We havent forgotten anything over our 2 Disney trips so far doing it like that. Touch wood

I've had my packing list on my phone for months too! I'm still adding to it a week before we go and you can guarantee I'll still forget something or other...

My brother once forgot to take any underwear, lmao.

One great thing about Florida is you can buy pretty much anything, as long as you have anything such as medication, passports, money, etc, you should be absolutely fine.

I am a huge list maker personally, but one of my favourite things in Florida is shopping so an empty case between us is a must. I make a little list of things I might want in a park bag and then everything else. Underwear, clothes, closed shoes, flip flops, swimwear, sunscreen, toiletries, camera, charger, adaptor, sunglasses, glasses if you need them, chafing cream can be a good one. Maybe a pack a mac depending on the time of year. I always bring plasters, antihistamines and painkillers. Oh and travel sickness pills, lol

Hi

We try to remember everything that said there's nothing that cannot be bought when there, just remember your credit cards :-)

regards

Paul

what do you always forget to pack? Keep thinking I'm going to forget some essential item!

Last time we went I forgot the Disney booking information (the folder of stuff they send you if you book direct). Not a problem, the hotel knows you are coming and as a UK guest the magic bands were there waiting for us, but claiming the gift card that was associated with the booking at Disney Springs without the voucher in the booking pack was a total hassle - if you book direct and have the Disney magical extras included with your package don't forget the vouchers!!

Hair bobbles, travel size hair brush, extra blister plasters, bite cream ( we either don't need it or we can't have enough of it) ladies sanitary supplies ( my goodness they are so expensive over there:oops:) and laundry bags.

One year I forgot DH daytime tshirts, another year DD stroller, always someone's pj's! Oh and a $200 Disney gift card that I forgot to use the previous year.

i have lists on top of lists on top of lists....and excels..

rarely forget anything...

however, i made a mistake this year....i didn't take my nikes with me...
i didn't forget them....i didn't plan on wearing them....big mistake...huge....
they're the most comfortable thing for me to wear in the parks..

finally after 19 days of suffering, i stopped at the nike store at the outlet mall and bought myself a new pair....sooooooooooo nice.....
i'm a fool for not having brought my old ones to begin with....

next time i won't make that mistake!!!!

i have lists on top of lists on top of lists....and excels..

rarely forget anything...

however, i made a mistake this year....i didn't take my nikes with me...
i didn't forget them....i didn't plan on wearing them....big mistake...huge....
they're the most comfortable thing for me to wear in the parks..

finally after 19 days of suffering, i stopped at the nike store at the outlet mall and bought myself a new pair....sooooooooooo nice.....
i'm a fool for not having brought my old ones to begin with....

next time i won't make that mistake!!!!

I'm breaking in a new pair of Nikes I can't be without a good pair of sneakers... I need that comfort. I don't mind supportive sandals but they aren't good for serious park touring these days. I have to watch out for my feet in WDW someone always seems to be either stepping on my feet or running them over ouch:(

I'm breaking in a new pair of Nikes I can't be without a good pair of sneakers... I need that comfort. I don't mind supportive sandals but they aren't good for serious park touring these days. I have to watch out for my feet in WDW someone always seems to be either stepping on my feet or running them over ouch:(

i've worn both sandals and nikes in the past, but this time i went with sandals exclusively...
mistake..
i got terrible blisters on my feet and was in a lot of pain walking..

the moment i put on those new nikes it was like heaven on earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so my last week at WDW was a pleasure for my feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............

i've worn both sandals and nikes in the past, but this time i went with sandals exclusively...
mistake..
i got terrible blisters on my feet and was in a lot of pain walking..

the moment i put on those new nikes it was like heaven on earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so my last week at WDW was a pleasure for my feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............
I totally understand your dilemma, my new pair are Nike Air Footscape woven in off white with blue and pink accents they are so comfortable that even my plantar fasciitis hasn't complained once. I don't even need my orthotic insoles in them they fit like a dream. I found them on the Nike SNEAKRS app and they were worth the price ticket. I don't normally spend that much on footwear but the pure comfort justifies the price for me and they look a little more like a pair of moccasins to me. DH treated himself to a pair of relaunched Air Jordan's and he's also trying to break those in over the next 5 weeks.

I totally understand your dilemma, my new pair are Nike Air Footscape woven in off white with blue and pink accents they are so comfortable that even my plantar fasciitis hasn't complained once. I don't even need my orthotic insoles in them they fit like a dream. I found them on the Nike SNEAKRS app and they were worth the price ticket. I don't normally spend that much on footwear but the pure comfort justifies the price for me and they look a little more like a pair of moccasins to me. DH treated himself to a pair of relaunched Air Jordan's and he's also trying to break those in over the next 5 weeks.

the nikes that fit me best are the pegasus air...
i walked into the outlet store, walked up to a salesperson and asked if they had pegasus..
he said "pegasus 33"...which i guess means an old version?
who cares....
they had 3 different colors available...one of them had a pair in my size....they were much cheaper than normal....something like $80....i think about 40% off the regular price...
whatever...i needed them!!!!!!!!!!

the nikes that fit me best are the pegasus air...
i walked into the outlet store, walked up to a salesperson and asked if they had pegasus..
he said "pegasus 33"...which i guess means an old version?
who cares....
they had 3 different colors available...one of them had a pair in my size....they were much cheaper than normal....something like $80....i think about 40% off the regular price...
whatever...i needed them!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you found some comfortable footwear;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter