Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rteetz

DIS Veteran
its been rumored for some time that WDW will add a paid FP option.

According to Martin at WDWmagic later this year this will go into place.

You will get 1-2 “free” FPs and anything more will be paid add ons. There will be different levels of additional FPs but you can’t get an unlimited FP.

Really not sure how I feel about this - guess at least partly will depend on details of how it is implemented.

I know at Iniversal getting their express pass is effective - but also gets to the point (at least at crowded times) that you really *have* to get it which really adds up the cost when paying for a family

Guess it will be good for parks with towering that you can buy more for the top tier and I guess theoretically may help out offsite guests that you can pay for FP for rides you wouldn’t be able to get FP for with not being able to book at 60+ days

But again, the devil will be in the details

It would also perhaps allow them to make certain choices as a perk of being onsite, or having an AP; not that they would get out of paying for them one way or another.

So you will paying for something that used to be included?

I am not sure how anyone could see anything positive in this.

Definitely will depend on the details but as someone who generally stays off site, if this gives me greater access to hard to get FPs there is potential for this being a positive for my family

Starting to feel like Disney will become more of a “go for fewer days, get more done via paying for FPs and hard ticket events during those days but same overall cost (but more per day)” type trips

So you will paying for something that used to be included?

I am not sure how anyone could see anything positive in this.
Agreed. If they go with only 1 free, that is 2/3rds reduction in FP slots I have access to, because I'm not paying for FP unless park entrance tickets get slashed big time. We also will stay offsite in the future, so no booking beyond 30d means 0 chance at new ride FP. I don't want to waste 1/3 to 1/2 of my entrance ticket standing in a line for 1 ride.

I’m also curious about the details, like, for instance, how soon would such a change be, a) announced, and b) implemented? I would imagine they’d eliminate the club level FastPass program if this change came about, right? Unless this new option made people stick to tiers - maybe different costs for tier 1 and 2. Also, would the cost for passes be similar to what the CL FP+ program charges, which is essentially $17/pass? Would they also require a minimum with this new, paid option?

I’m really interested in the details here. I’m not entirely against the idea.

Definitely will depend on the details but as someone who generally stays off site, if this gives me greater access to hard to get FPs there is potential for this being a positive for my family

Starting to feel like Disney will become more of a “go for fewer days, get more done via paying for FPs and hard ticket events during those days but same overall cost (but more per day)” type trips

But you also got 3 FPs just from holding a ticket or pass, even if offsite. Now you will have 2. Or 1.

I can see your point if they get rid of the different booking windows.

I know we're all waiting on details. Does it seem like an existing sort of system where you can still book a 4th, etc FP, or just the initial 1 or 2 free and then etc is $ ? Maybe it's a x amount for something similar to the existing system. This really doesn't feel so great. I know crowds for SWGE are going to be insane. I just wish this didn't mean extra cost for FP everywhere. Really disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!