Pal Mickey -- How new is this

CalGal

<font color=blue>Just tinkering around<br><font co
I hadn't heard anything about Pal Mickey before this trip to WDW 8/15-8/23. How new is he? I broke down and bought one several days into my trip and only regret that I didn't buy one earlier so that my DS could have experienced him at all 4 parks.

For those that don't know, Pal Mickey is a talking Mickey programmed with over 700 sayings. Sensors throughout the parks trigger him to say things about the park you are in and attractions you are passing. He is so cool! He also tells lots of corny jokes. Pal Mickey can be rented for the day ($8) or purchased ($50 with tax). For full enjoyment, you'll want to take him to all the parks.

:teeth:I know how new he is. I bought the second one. :teeth:
He was first sold on April 22, 2003 - Easter week at the Old Key West Resort. The Next day he was for sale at all the DVC resorts. By the end of the week I think most of the resorts had him for sale.

I had my picture taken by some Disney Marketing people when I bought him because I was #2. My father was #3. They never published it anywhere that I have seen. *Shrug* Oh well... its fun to know anyway.

If you don't belong to DVC where can you get Mickey Pal? I heard about him and I want to make sure that I get one when I get to WDW (Oct 4th!!!!!).

He's available in all the resorts and parks now. You can rent him with the option to buy, or just right out buy him.

I love his corny jokes but then I am easily amused. He's a lot of fun to carry through the parks too.

Here is a write up about him on Deb's site.
http://www.wdwig.com/pal.htm

Have Fun!
Cindy in NY

We were told back in May that later this year they would be introducing a Spanish language Pal Mickey (Amigo Mickey?). And next year look for other characters in the same format as Pal Mickey. Can Pal Pooh be far behind?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter