Palo Brunch Food

sisterpate

Mouseketeer
We are getting Palo brunch reservations. One in our party is very particular about food due to seafood allergy. I have not been to Palo brunch in a couple years. All I remember is seafood and pastries. Is brunch a good or bad choice for someone with this allergy? Also the cruise was at tight budget. Do not want to suggest they join us if the food choices are limited.

Thank you!

We've eaten at Palo several times for Brunch and love it...probably even more than dinner there. There are a ton of options in addition to seafood and Disney is so great about dealing with allergies. I'm sure there will be plenty to eat for your friend.

Make sure the allergy is noted on the general cruise reservation. You can reiterate it to your server, but it should already be noted on the Palo reservation. Our server (at dinner as we did that first) had the usual bread thing for my parents and a special gluten-free sliced flatbread arrangement for me the first time he approached us. And at brunch he already knew what I could and couldn't eat and what could be adapted (for both meals).

I don't eat seafood (gag response from choking on a bone once as opposed to allergy) and have never left hungry. :)

We are getting Palo brunch reservations. One in our party is very particular about food due to seafood allergy. I have not been to Palo brunch in a couple years. All I remember is seafood and pastries. Is brunch a good or bad choice for someone with this allergy? Also the cruise was at tight budget. Do not want to suggest they join us if the food choices are limited.

Thank you!
I don't do seafood at all and are picky eaters, but having looked at the menu for our upcoming trip, we have already booked brunch, and can't wait to stuff our faces!!! :rotfl:

Palo brunch was great with my wife’s tree nut allergy. I think there was plenty of options for “no nuts” and “no seafood” if I recall correctly

Question for all you seasoned Palo brunchers... Do you only get to select one thing off the menu, or can you order as much as you like? Same with buffet, is it one round at the buffet or all-you-can-eat? Thanks

To jump on this thread and ask a silly question also, is it worth it if you tend to eat a more keto/paleo diet and really don't do carbs? The menu seems rather bread/pasta heavy. Wasn't sure about the buffet options.

Question for all you seasoned Palo brunchers... Do you only get to select one thing off the menu, or can you order as much as you like? Same with buffet, is it one round at the buffet or all-you-can-eat? Thanks

You can order as much as you want. And hit the buffet as much as you want.

No such thing as “to-go” though, so keep that in mind.

Make sure the allergy is noted on the general cruise reservation. You can reiterate it to your server, but it should already be noted on the Palo reservation. Our server (at dinner as we did that first) had the usual bread thing for my parents and a special gluten-free sliced flatbread arrangement for me the first time he approached us. And at brunch he already knew what I could and couldn't eat and what could be adapted (for both meals).

I don't eat seafood (gag response from choking on a bone once as opposed to allergy) and have never left hungry. :)

I need to get some more general DCL dining advice from you! I am also gluten free, and I also do not like seafood at all. I'm a little concerned about being limited on board the ship, but I also have found WDW and DLR to be so, so wonderful about accommodating GF needs, so I'm sure DCL will be similar.

I need to get some more general DCL dining advice from you! I am also gluten free, and I also do not like seafood at all. I'm a little concerned about being limited on board the ship, but I also have found WDW and DLR to be so, so wonderful about accommodating GF needs, so I'm sure DCL will be similar.

Never had an issue. Worst-case there is the Lighter Fare menu which has a steak, chicken, and usually a salad. I was not on DCL in Alaska, but even on two cruises in Alaska I had no issues finding non-seafood stuff to eat.

Thank you!
Palo has tons of choices of different types of food. Remy is the restaurant with few choices, so in your situation I recommend skipping that one. But everyone in your party will find something to like at Palo.

Which ship will you sail on? My son is gluten-free (he eats adult meals, not kids' meals), and I was disappointed with the Magic's gf offerings for him. He isn't a food fuss, either, and has no other restrictions- he just likes something with flavor, like everyone else.

The Fantasy accommodated him better, but the experience as a whole still wasn't up to WDW standards. Cruise ship dining isn't restaurant dining, as they prepare so much of the food in bulk quantities. That limits their ability to accommodate. His best dining experiences were when he could order an entree on the main menu that happened to be gluten-free for everyone. But that wasn't always an option. The "lighter note" offerings are extremely bland btw- I don't know if they put any kind of seasoning on them at all. The majority of DCL desserts will also be off-limits to gf diners.

I've read a lot of trip reports, & have seen more positive comments for the Dream class ships in regards to gf dining than for the classic ships. Maybe their kitchens are different- I don't know. We're sailing on the Wonder in June to see Alaska, so I'm curious to see what his experience will be there.

A gf diner won't go hungry on any of the ships. Just don't expect the level of accommodation you'll get at WDW. Yes, there are some gf options, but not as many as at WDW restaurants.

Last edited:
Here is the Menu from the Fantasy on the 9/30/17 sailing. I hope it helps. There are a lot of options on the buffet the chef will come out and tell them what to avoid since many do contain seafood, but they won't go hungry. They can order as much as they want off the menu.

We dined at Palo Brunch in January on the Magic and my daughter (19) has a gluten allergy. This was noted in our file and when we arrived they went over the menu with her. They even made the chicken parmesan gluten free for her, it was delicious. They showed her the buffet and pointed out all the desserts that did not have gluten. There was more than enough to choose from. The main dining was great also, she picked out her meals the night before and they brought her desserts that were creative in addition to the meals she ordered. I think they would do the same with any allergy. DCL chefs and staff take the allergies seriously and in our experience try to find ways to make your cruise wonderful, including your food.

Which ship will you sail on? My son is gluten-free (he eats adult meals, not kids' meals), and I was disappointed with the Magic's gf offerings for him. He isn't a food fuss, either, and has no other restrictions- he just likes something with flavor, like everyone else.

The Fantasy accommodated him better, but the experience as a whole still wasn't up to WDW standards. Cruise ship dining isn't restaurant dining, as they prepare so much of the food in bulk quantities. That limits their ability to accommodate. His best dining experiences were when he could order an entree on the main menu that happened to be gluten-free for everyone. But that wasn't always an option. The "lighter note" offerings are extremely bland btw- I don't know if they put any kind of seasoning on them at all. The majority of DCL desserts will also be off-limits to gf diners.

I've read a lot of trip reports, & have seen more positive comments for the Dream class ships in regards to gf dining than for the classic ships. Maybe their kitchens are different- I don't know. We're sailing on the Wonder in June to see Alaska, so I'm curious to see what his experience will be there.

A gf diner won't go hungry on any of the ships. Just don't expect the level of accommodation you'll get at WDW. Yes, there are some gf options, but not as many as at WDW restaurants.

I was quite pleased with my food on the Magic in February. I never felt like I was missing any flavor or anything (even with the two times I ordered from the Lighter Fare menu - the salad option in Carioca's and the steak in Lumiere's). But I know everyone's tastes are different. I was not gluten-free on my Dream or Fantasy cruises, so I can't compare them to the Magic. I just know I never felt deprived on the Magic at all. I'm sorry your son did.

I was quite pleased with my food on the Magic in February. I never felt like I was missing any flavor or anything (even with the two times I ordered from the Lighter Fare menu - the salad option in Carioca's and the steak in Lumiere's). But I know everyone's tastes are different. I was not gluten-free on my Dream or Fantasy cruises, so I can't compare them to the Magic. I just know I never felt deprived on the Magic at all. I'm sorry your son did.
Good to know- they may have improved over the past two years since we cruised.

What in the world is the Balsamic Grande?

Balsamic Grande Cocktail
Serves 1

• 5 fresh strawberries, divided
  • 1 1/2 ounces agave nectar
  • 1/2 ounce balsamic vinegar (aged 8 years)
  • 5 ounces Grey Goose Vodka
Muddle strawberries with agave and balsamic vinegar in a mixing glass. Add vodka and ice; shake and strain into chilled martini glass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!