Palo Brunch

Interesting. As you can see from my list, 8 of our 9 cruises have been on Wonder, with the other 1 on Magic. So maybe they don't change the offerings on the smaller ships but do on the larger ones? I do remember that on Magic they didn't have the warm, sticky, delicious, amazing caramel coated cinnamon buns of awesomeness. Which was disappointing. 🙃

Surprising! They had the sticky buns both times on the Magic. They did not have them on the Dream for us.

I will say this, the Variety/Options on the Magic have always been more than on the Dream/Fantasy.

I do remember that on Magic they didn't have the warm, sticky, delicious, amazing caramel coated cinnamon buns of awesomeness. Which was disappointing. 🙃
Hmmm..... I've the sticky buns on all 4 ships at brunch. Maybe you were there during a time there had been a run on them, and the next batch wasn't ready yet.

If it's shrimp you are specifically looking for they have that on the buffet everyday at lunch in Cabanas. At least that has been our experience. We prefer to eat lunch there and I always have a few on my plate. We are Platinum cruisers and I can't thing of one time they were not out.
Here is how it is displayed, check out this video at 5:06

Tinkerone, is this your video? I've never seen those round waffles shown at 0:58. I like a thinner waffle than the Mickey waffles so those look really good and somehow in 9 cruises I have never come across them... probably be my fault as I often skip breakfast in favor of sleeping in!

Tinkerone, is this your video? I've never seen those round waffles shown at 0:58. I like a thinner waffle than the Mickey waffles so those look really good and somehow in 9 cruises I have never come across them... probably be my fault as I often skip breakfast in favor of sleeping in!
No, not my video. I just wanted to find one that showed the shrimp on the buffet so they would know how it was displayed. Now that I'm looking at those waffles I don't think I have ever noticed them either but then again, I only eat the Mickey ones ;)

Interesting. As you can see from my list, 8 of our 9 cruises have been on Wonder, with the other 1 on Magic. So maybe they don't change the offerings on the smaller ships but do on the larger ones? I do remember that on Magic they didn't have the warm, sticky, delicious, amazing caramel coated cinnamon buns of awesomeness. Which was disappointing. 🙃

Outside of that, kudos for even noticing the table cloth colors... It never occurred to me!

I've definately had the cinnamon rolls on the Magic at Palo Brunch. Everyone kept talking about them, but I was unimpressed. I was WAY more impressed with the selections of high end cheeses! I still dream about some sort of smoked one I had. Highly regret not asking the name of it!

I've definately had the cinnamon rolls on the Magic at Palo Brunch. Everyone kept talking about them, but I was unimpressed. I was WAY more impressed with the selections of high end cheeses! I still dream about some sort of smoked one I had. Highly regret not asking the name of it!
Cheeses, seared rare tuna, caviar. Who needs cinnamon rolls? Just carb heavy when there are plenty of delicious alternatives.

When we sailed on the Magic last September they had a red wine soaked cheese at Palo that was so so so good! It had little crystals that formed on it that were flavor bombs of deliciousness. They said it was hand made on small farm an exclusive to them. I've often thought about that cheese and was disappointed that I could never remember what they called it. Googling "red wine cheese" does no good (turns out people commonly like to drink red wine and each cheese). Then a couple of weeks ago I was reading old trip reports and someone mentioned it. Unfortunately not by name, but then I could see it in the background of a photo! The name was very blurry, but I could make out just enough of it to google it and I finally had my quarry: Artigiano Vino Rosso. Turns out it is made in Wisconsin (I swear they said "handmade on a small family farm in Italy") and the craziest thing was that. up until one month ago, they actually carried it at Target(?!?!). There was only one Target showing it still in stock in my area so I drove straight there and I could see the little tag on the shelf where it used to be. Turns out that particular Target is just bad at keeping stock of their inventory. So close...

When we sailed on the Magic last September they had a red wine soaked cheese at Palo that was so so so good! It had little crystals that formed on it that were flavor bombs of deliciousness. They said it was hand made on small farm an exclusive to them. I've often thought about that cheese and was disappointed that I could never remember what they called it. Googling "red wine cheese" does no good (turns out people commonly like to drink red wine and each cheese). Then a couple of weeks ago I was reading old trip reports and someone mentioned it. Unfortunately not by name, but then I could see it in the background of a photo! The name was very blurry, but I could make out just enough of it to google it and I finally had my quarry: Artigiano Vino Rosso. Turns out it is made in Wisconsin (I swear they said "handmade on a small family farm in Italy") and the craziest thing was that. up until one month ago, they actually carried it at Target(?!?!). There was only one Target showing it still in stock in my area so I drove straight there and I could see the little tag on the shelf where it used to be. Turns out that particular Target is just bad at keeping stock of their inventory. So close...

OMG that's so funny! Im googling this cheese now too as it sounds amazing!

@gismo1554 - BEST tracker ever! Applause!

I've eaten at 257 out of 445 dining locations at Walt Disney World (58%)
76 out of 123 quick service restaurants (62%)
49 out of 78 table service restaurants (63%)
9 out of 17 signature restaurants (53%)
34 out of 45 lounges (76%)
1 out of 3 dinner shows (33%)
1 out of 4 dessert parties (25%)
87 out of 175 snack locations (50%)

@gismo1554 - BEST tracker ever! Applause!

I've eaten at 257 out of 445 dining locations at Walt Disney World (58%)
76 out of 123 quick service restaurants (62%)
49 out of 78 table service restaurants (63%)
9 out of 17 signature restaurants (53%)
34 out of 45 lounges (76%)
1 out of 3 dinner shows (33%)
1 out of 4 dessert parties (25%)
87 out of 175 snack locations (50%)

:rotfl2: Its the most important information ever! There used to be a thread on here called the Golden Spoon where you could fill in a website to get the info on how many places etc. It closed down a few years ago so now I have a spreadsheet that I keep up to date. Unfortunately they do insist on opening new places which then means I keep falling down on more and more which is very sad :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter