Pamper Your Palate Christmas Day... What is it?

Bonnie1222

DIS Veteran
I am local and I booked lunch on Christmas Day at Whispering Canyon Cafe months ago. It was something different to do for the holiday. I was debating canceling when I saw that it was part of the Pamper your Palate on Christmas Day. Disney is great at making something sound like a great thing to do while giving you absolutely no information. :rotfl2:. So now I am curious and I don't want to cancel, afraid that I won't be able to get it again.

Has anyone done this in the past at WCC or any of the other restaurants? Do they charge you a premium because it is a "special" menu? Do they serve the normal menu plus special options? or Do they serve just a special holiday menu? What were some of the things they served? Even for Thanksgiving they don't give you any information, just a picture of what looks like a turkey dinner.

I would love to hear any information you may have, pictures would be great. Thank you in advance for your assistance. :santa:

Pamper Your Palate on Christmas Day
Celebrate the most wonderful time of the year with a festive holiday feast!

On December 25, 2018, you’re invited to savor the flavor of the season with an enchanting meal your loved ones will undoubtedly cherish. Pick and choose from an array of dining locations across Walt Disney World Resort, including:

Don’t miss your opportunity to transform this jolly occasion into a memory that will last a lifetime. Book an online reservation today!

I’ve also booked lunch at WCC on Christmas Day. I’ve never been, don’t know the price, or anything about it, but I saw there was turkey, and I’m in. :)

Same here. I actually liked the holiday skillet much better than their regular. I have menu pictures, I will try to upload them later today.

What was the holiday dessert?
It was a round pecan/cranberry tart. Sort of like a butter tart. Nothing special IMO, but we were too full from dinner to care. :)

Yes it was the round pecan/cranberry and I believe orange tart. It was very good. We were also very full and I was going to bring mine home until I remembered I still had my desserts from California Grill brunch and 4 snacks. So I ate it. My husband really enjoyed it, I personally I think it would have been to die for if it was served warm with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream - but again after all that food I was stuffed.

Also our server brought our out before we were finished eating because she said they were running low and were in the process of making more and she didn't want us to have to wait.

Yes it was the round pecan/cranberry and I believe orange tart. It was very good. We were also very full and I was going to bring mine home until I remembered I still had my desserts from California Grill brunch and 4 snacks. So I ate it. My husband really enjoyed it, I personally I think it would have been to die for if it was served warm with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream - but again after all that food I was stuffed.

Also our server brought our out before we were finished eating because she said they were running low and were in the process of making more and she didn't want us to have to wait.
Yes, a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream would have been perfect!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!