Parents of the High School Class of 2017/College 2021

wannabee

DIS Veteran
Any other parents of new high school freshmen here? I'm finding it very hard to believe that my little boy is headed to hign school. He suddenly seems so grown up. Hoping for a great year!

Any other parents of new high school freshmen here? I'm finding it very hard to believe that my little boy is headed to hign school. He suddenly seems so grown up. Hoping for a great year!

Me!
I have a son who's going to be a freshman. Where did my little man go? Hes now over 6 ft .
I'm kind of having a hard time with it.
I get tears in my eyes thinking of him going off to college in 4 short years.

Add me to the list. DD is my oldest and I can't believe she is old enough to be in high school. I feel like I just dropped her off for her first day of nursery school!

I'm right there with the rest of you. My son is a freshman this year, but I have to say... I'm not in the least bit sad about it. I'm finding that I really enjoy being mom to older kids better than younger ones, and my son is a fun kid... a lot like I was at his age, so we get along really well.

Of course, it doesn't hurt that he's the one of my three kids who plans on a trade and staying in our hometown so he's sort of an easy start on the "empty nest" thing. I may not be quite so laissez faire about it when it is my next child - who has her heart set on a college 1400 miles from home and a career that precludes living in our part of the country - gets to high school and starts looking ahead to adulthood.

I can't believe how much crazier summer is with a freshman compared to an eighth grader, though! My son is in band and plays football, so he only had about 2 weeks of actual summer vacation - the rest has been tied up with one sort of practice or another. That I am sad about... It is so hard to plan family vacations with him now! :sad:

Count me in, DD is also a high school Freshman. I'm looking forward to it, I completely enjoyed DS's high school years. DD is not an athlete and had no interest in marching band. She has joined the athletic trainers and likes being part of the support team. We have student orientation this week, she is looking forward to getting her schedule and meeting new kids. We moved to the area recently and we have all been looking forward to her making new friends. My DS is starting his Doctorate of Physical Therapy program the same week she starts high school. I truly do not miss the younger years, I prefer these teen years

My daughter is a freshman this year! I've heard that High School goes fastest of all :(.

My oldest DS is also starting HS this year. I can't believe it either. Where did the time go???? :confused3

Add me to the group. My youngest is a freshman this year (and my oldest is a freshman too- in college ;). )

Where did my little man go? Hes now over 6 ft .

Mine just finally hit 5 ft!! He has a huge personality which makes up for what he lacks in height right now, but most of his friends are 1/2 to 1 foot taller than he is. He has big feet though- size 9- so he's gotta grow into those paws, right? ! His brother, who is 18, is 6 ft tall, but I think he got all the tall genes. I am only 5'3" and my DH is 5'8" on a good day ;) .

Checking in here! My youngest DS starts high school on Tuesday. My DD is a senior. I wasn't nervous at all when DD started high school, but with DS, I am worried because he is not a self-starter and is inconsistent with turning in work even though DH and I check in with him daily about his school work and stay on top of his grades. He is a smart kid who does not try and still managed to get A's and B's in middle school, but high school is different! It's sink or swim time!
My only thread to hold onto is that he's on the freshmen football team and if any of his class grades fall below a C he's off the team. Hopefully that will motivate him to not let things go.

My youngest is a freshman this year. She's a bit nervous about starting high school. My oldest just graduated in June, so as one left high school, the other one is just starting!

My DS (my only child) starts his freshman year in two more weeks. I'm lucky though since we homeschool I get to spend a lot of time with him. But he will be spreading his wings a lot this year......local co-op classes, community volunteer work, and next summer Auburn's engineering camp.

My oldest starts HS too this year. Mixed emotions about it. He had a really tough time in middle school with bullying so we are hoping the change will be good. At the same time, I can't believe he's old enough for high school already!!

I have one of these. Youngest ds. Hard to believe that within 4 years we will launch him off to college. Also have a college sophomore, a highschool junior and a sixth grader. It's all getting so expensive lol!! 3 teen boy drivers in the next year scary!

It's not too hard sending this one to high school as I have two in highschool and we are comfortable with the school. Ds is in marching band but has had to make new friends as most of his friends from middle school went to the other highschool in our district. School started this past Thursday.

Count me in! My DD is now a freshman. So hard to believe. I swear it was yesterday that she was starting kindergarten with her Kim Possible backpack.:) She is our only so I am hoping time doesn't go by too fast.

my middle child starts her Freshman year Thursday . I am just glad both daughters are out of Middle school and hopefully all the drama that went with middle school :)

Count me in ! My oldest is starting high school on Wednesday !! YIKES!! I think I might actually shed a tear or two . We have had great experiences in middle school , so I think my nerves are really because it is one step closer to college . Not to mention he will be taking a college AP class this year .... Where has the time gone????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!