Park hopping ?

cdntowdw

Mouseketeer
I know that you need to have your ticket in order to swipe it to get into your first park of the day. Do you need to have the ticket handy to swipe again if you switch to another park, or do you simply have your hand stamped when leaving and hve your hand scanned at the second park? (I like to carry our tickets in my money belt, which of course is a bother to get in and out of, and would like to tuck them away for the day once we use them).

We have always had to swipe our tickets at each park.
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Yes you need to swipe your ticket and have your hand stamped to enter another park on the same day.

You also need your tickets to get Fastpasses too.:)

My understanding is that you need to have your hand stamped to get back into the same park later that day. You need to have your ticket swiped at another park. Some people only have 1 park, 1 day admission. We got our hands stamped anyway, just in case something went wrong with our ticket.

Originally posted by swilphil
My understanding is that you need to have your hand stamped to get back into the same park later that day. You need to have your ticket swiped at another park. Some people only have 1 park, 1 day admission. We got our hands stamped anyway, just in case something went wrong with our ticket.
Here's the easiest way to remember what's needed:

If your ticket requires you to use the biometric scanners, then a hand stamp is not necessary. If your ticket does not require the use of the biometric scanners, then you need to get a hand stamp for reentry.

swilphil is correct in that it's better to have one and not need it than need it and not have it. The ticket will show the gate CM that it has already been used that day and, when needed, confirms that it is a ticket that allows park hopping. The hand stamp will identify you as the person who was already in a park and had previously used the ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter