Park plans - August 2024

hes122

DIS Veteran
I have an AP, but my traveling companion is getting the 3-park ticket and we're also getting tickets for MNSSP for Friday, 8/23. We arrive early (by 10:00 am) on 8/22 and depart later (flights leave at 6:30) on the 25th so this is a quick trip. We haven't actually discussed our park priority yet, but talk me through my options as to what might be best. We're staying at BWI and planning to uber to/from the airport.

Option 1Option 2Option 3Option 4Option 5Option 6
22-Aug​
AKAKHSHSEPEP
23-Aug​
MNSSHPMNSSHPMNSSHPMNSSHPMNSSHPMNSSHP
24-Aug​
HSEPAKEPHSAK
25-Aug​
EPHSEPAKAKHS

I don't know that we're planning to invest in Genie+, but I could definitely be persuaded in that direction if options 3 & 4 were on the table so that we'd have some things lined up when we arrived at HS. With no festival happening at Epcot, will that park still be as crowded on a Saturday or Sunday (we've been during a crowded F&W before)? Being close to the hotel (so options 1, 3, or 6) would be ideal for our departure on Sunday.

Talk me through the pros/cons of each option.

Last edited:
That's a good question. The last time we went together they weren't doing night shows. I've seen luminous (I face timed her while watching it), but you make a good point about night shows.

Also, she brought up the idea of doing a park during the day of MNSSHP, which we did in 2018. So now that's something else to consider too.

Thank goodness we have time to figure it all out.

If you do a park on your MNSSHP day, I would recommend going to MK and just staying there through the party - the crowds are low and we like to try to get all of our rides in (except those with a party overlay) during the regular park hours so we can focus on party-specific offering during the party time.

If you choose Luminous or Fantasmic, obviously, you need to do those on a non-departure day. I would put whatever park you want to spend the least amount of time in on your departure day.

If you're referring to the special 3 day ticket, then it can't be used for MK. I think option 5 is best. It allows you to experience both nighttime shows at EP & HS. You want the full day for HS, since it has the best attractions.

I like Option 5: Steps away from EP on arrival day staying at BWI. No need to worry about food or drinks at EP. You can sleep in the next day with MNSSHP. You can also sleep in the day after MNSSHP with the next day at DHS. Last year's EE at AK was 7:30 am. Making it an ideal park for departure day. Plus, you can see EP & DHS nightly shows. The con would be you would have to get Genie+ for DHS so you can stack LL.

I like Option 5: Steps away from EP on arrival day staying at BWI. No need to worry about food or drinks at EP. You can sleep in the next day with MNSSHP. You can also sleep in the day after MNSSHP with the next day at DHS. Last year's EE at AK was 7:30 am. Making it an ideal park for departure day. Plus, you can see EP & DHS nightly shows. The con would be you would have to get Genie+ for DHS so you can stack LL.
I mentioned getting G+ for HS and stacking LLs. My friend coming with hasn't been since G+ rolled out, but she knows I know what I'm doing regarding that and we have similar preferences when it comes to riding so there's no worries there about booking the wrong thing.

I am not familiar with the 3 day ticket. Do they allow you to come and go from the same park (i.e. go to Epcot at 10AM and go back at 5PM?) or is it a one shot deal?

I think a lot would depend on what you like to do. If heavy into rides then I would want to give HS as much time as possible which makes it good for day 3 especially if you can wake up early and rope drop, though that may be hard after the after hours event. If not, day 1 at HS is probably good especially if you can get in early in G+ and get a few of the rides before it gets too crowded.

I wouldnt add the extra MK day. You can get in early for the party and its a lot of time to spend at MK for one day if you get the 4 day ticket to add that.

We enjoy going around the world and trying out some of the drinks and food (though there will be much less of that without a festival) so we prefer to have the full day in Epcot but if that is not your thing you might be able to do that on the final day and get in both Remy and Frozen before you have to leave. We do travel around the same time you do and we have never had a tough time that week of August even on the weekends during F&W so I think you should be ok with crowds on a weekend.

Do you have any interest in Disney Springs? If you did maybe AK on day 1 paired with Disney Springs could be fun. While they are far apart we usually see AK as a 1/2 day park. You could also do that before the MK party night too if you wanted to go over there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter