Park shoe recommendation

I have flat feet, and I need some support, but some shoes have too much arch, and they just hurt my feet.

You know I'm wondering if I'm having that problem in my right foot with the Hoka sneakers. Initially when I put them on my arch hurts but I'm okay after I walk a little bit in them. But it's only with my right foot. I'm debating if the size is a tad too big and my arch isn't hitting in the right spot, or if these just won't work for me.

Erin1715, I find that my feet have to "get used" to shoes with arches. I wore my Hoka's around the house for a while to get used to them. Now I'm fine in them after doing that for about a week. But at first my feet would get "tired" in them.

I have flat feet and i need the arch support. When I walk barefooted my feet and back hurt. I always wear Birkenstock clogs or sandals in the house.

I imagine everyone is different.
I am flat footed also. If something has too much of an arch, it hurts immediately, but something with no arch support at all (like Converse), definitely hurt by the end of the day too. It starts to feel like my foot is just slapping on the pavement. Yesterday, I went to Kings Island for our wedding anniversary and I field-tested some Skechers sandals (link) that I bought over the weekend there. Without really breaking the shoes in, they were incredibly comfortable and my feet did not hurt at the end of a 6 hour day walking around the park. I have a pair of Skecher GoStep (link) sneakers that I am going to bring to Disney in the fall if after various tests they turn out to be comfortable too. I have them on today and they are lightweight but have plenty of cushioning to protect from hard pavement.

I have a pair of Skecher GoStep (link) sneakers that I am going to bring to Disney in the fall if after various tests they turn out to be comfortable too. I have them on today and they are lightweight but have plenty of cushioning to protect from hard pavement.

Thank you for mentioning this! I bought a pair a few weeks ago, and forgot to pack them! I usually wear my Nike's and these are my extra shoe so therefore kind of forgotten because I've always got the Nike's on, but I love the softness of this shoe and will try it out at Disney next week! I also have Keen Whispers I'll bring, but I think I'll prefer a running/walking shoe. Flip flops I ordered for the trip hurt my feet, terribly disappointed because the reviews looked better. They are the Reef Slap 3 sandals from Zappo's. The straps hurt, and they feel tight but the footbed is the right size. I will bring a pair of cheap flip flops for the pool only, though.

Ok--did Fitflops Thurs eve.; ASICS tennis Friday. Put Fitflops on Sat but felt a bit bruised on instep so went with Vionic flip flops (haven't done such flat shoes in years w/ PF!) spent around 7 hrs/day a time parks. NO issues

In fact, i wrenched a knee about 5 wks ago & ASICS made it PAINLESS even afterward--it has ached 24/7 since I injured it. Will stick with flip flops on water ride days but ASICS otherwise

I have worn Teva Mush on my last two trips....day in and day out and I never had a problem. I bought 3 different colors. I am doing the same this trip.

And those are actually cute, too!

We just got back this weekend, I thought I could wear my birkenstock sandals in the park but I couldn't! I wore them to Disney Springs and it was so hot and humid my feet sweated, sticking to the leather base. I got a hot spot that I was afraid was going to turn into a blister, luckily it didn't! So I just wore my Hoka sneakers w/mositure wicking socks and had no problems in the park.

The secret to shoes at WDW is that you wear comfortable walking shoes but making sure that you have moisture wicking socks. Sandals may sound like a good idea but imagine how the feet feel after a 400 pound guest steps on your foot at the parade or a stroller rolls over your foot. You'll be glad you are wearing shoes.

The secret to shoes at WDW is that you wear comfortable walking shoes but making sure that you have moisture wicking socks. Sandals may sound like a good idea but imagine how the feet feel after a 400 pound guest steps on your foot at the parade or a stroller rolls over your foot. You'll be glad you are wearing shoes.

That would hurt with shoes or without, so I don't see a difference, unless you are wearing stiff construction boots.

I never wear anything but sandals at WDW and my feet have never been ruined.

I once had a boyfriend back when I was in high school who would put his shoes on first thing in the morning and would walk around his own house in them. I asked why and he said he wanted to avoid stubbing his toes. To me, I would rather my feet be comfortable and deal with the slight risk.

The shoes I can count on in the parks are the original Crocs clogs. Ugly but fabulous for my feet. In recent years though, I use Fitflops. I usually pack several pairs of both brands, but usually wear Fitflops.

ETA: I'm 54 and slightly overweight; those cute flats don't cut it for me anymore! I need more support. Everywhere. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter