Park shoe recommendation

I once had a boyfriend back when I was in high school who would put his shoes on first thing in the morning and would walk around his own house in them. I asked why and he said he wanted to avoid stubbing his toes. To me, I would rather my feet be comfortable and deal with the slight risk.

At WDW, getting your foot stepped on, especially during a crowded time is a big risk. In addition, moisture wicking socks really help. Ask at the medical center in Magic Kingdom what the number one thing they treat at WDW is. They will tell you it's foot related. Blisters, sunburn, and ouches.

I always carry a med- lrg backpack and I carry large freezer bags, and extra pair of socks and a really good comfortable pair of walking sandals and I wear my sneakers. When the get hot or uncomfortable I switch to the sandals, and then back to sneakers when I feel like it. I've found it to be a very good practice.

We just got back this weekend, I thought I could wear my birkenstock sandals in the park but I couldn't! I wore them to Disney Springs and it was so hot and humid my feet sweated, sticking to the leather base. I got a hot spot that I was afraid was going to turn into a blister, luckily it didn't! So I just wore my Hoka sneakers w/mositure wicking socks and had no problems in the park.
Did you wear the plastic ones? I saw the brightly colored ones. I thought they were so cute especially the bright colors. I then remembered where I live and had to put them back. :sad:
I love these http://www.birkenstock.com/us/mayari-mocha-birkibuc/0071061-0071063-0000000.html#start=1
So much so that I bought a second pear in black. I wear them all over Disney and when I go out. I live in FL and I have never had an issue.

No they're the leather one's!!
OH NO, So sorry this happened with the Birkenstock. Imagine if you got the plastic ones?
I have a mental image of fire coming out of your feet in the yellow one. The only good thing about it is you would probably be the first one in line for Mine Train after opening! LOL

Last edited:
I'm part of the closer to barefoot the better crowd. I can walk all day in flip flops, but after a few hours in even the most comfortable of sneakers at the parks my feet want to die. These have been my go to flip-flops, as I do find that when I wear more traditional ones, my feet eventually get sore in the spots where the strap "pegs" hit under the shoe, and these flip-flops don't have those, they are also cheap and usually come in lots of cute varieties:

51445427_Alt01

Link (If it doesn't work, they are the Target Mad Love Liannie Flip Flop Sandals)

I'm part of the closer to barefoot the better crowd. I can walk all day in flip flops, but after a few hours in even the most comfortable of sneakers at the parks my feet want to die. These have been my go to flip-flops, as I do find that when I wear more traditional ones, my feet eventually get sore in the spots where the strap "pegs" hit under the shoe, and these flip-flops don't have those, they are also cheap and usually come in lots of cute varieties:

51445427_Alt01

Link (If it doesn't work, they are the Target Mad Love Liannie Flip Flop Sandals)

Add me to the Barefoot crowd! Years ago when I was young and thin I word these flat comfortable Sandles. Never had a problem. My dh wore sneakers and had blisters and a sore bottom of his foot.

Now I either wear the new balance flip flops or my keens. I wear both all the time in the summer so my feet are used to them.

I can't fathom wearing sneakers and socks in the summer heat. I already told my 13 yo son that next year he can not wear sneakers to the parks if he plans on getting wet!

But whatever shoe you choose make sure you wear it often before you go.

When I loosen.it it is then too loose and still digs in. They just don't work for me like other shoes don't work for others.
prprincess- I have the exact same problem with the Tevas!! It hits at my ankle in a weird spot and loosening doesn't fix it. I've worn them for several days hoping that it was something I could get used to, but it still bugs me. So bummed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts