Park ticket question - using WDW hoppers at Disneyland?

Torontogal

Mouseketeer & Disney Vacation Club Member
I am so sorry if this has been asked before. We are going to Disneyland in Aug. and want to know if we can use our park hoppers from WDW there or do I have to purchase Disneyland tickets. I posted this question on Disboards and someone said I can. I also read on the web that I can. However, when I called WDW toll free number - they said I cannot.
Can anyone please confirm this? Thanks in advance.

I don't think WDW tickets are transferrable with Disneyland because they consider them different parks. I'm not positive on this though, it's just what I had heard. If you said you called WDW and they said no then I would take their answer. If you want, call Disneyland and see what they say.

I've always heard that you can, since admission to WDW is more expensive than DL. However, I've never actually done it. Why don't you call again and see if you get a different CM respsonse? The worst case scenario: bring your WDW tickets to GS at DL and ask them to help you; if it doesn't work just buy tickets (which you'd have to do anyway). Good luck! Let us know how it turns out. Also, you might get more responses if you post under the DL bb here on the DIS.

I would be interested to know the answer to this also. I have read in one of the Disneyland guidebooks that you can use WDW hoppers at Disneyland but not the other way around.I assume this would be because Disneyland hoppers only cover 2 parks but WDW tickets cover 4 parks.I hope to visit Disneyland someday and it could be a good use of my old parkhopper days if I decide to continue gettting an AP for WDW in the future.

Yeah I've read before people have done this. Supposedly if they aren't expired ones and you have park hopping, at the gate they will give you a 1 day park hopper and take one day off your WDW pass.

It's probably not financially smart to do this, it won't really save you money, but if you have WDW park hoppers lying around that you don't plan to use, you can supposedly do this.

from mousesavers:

Using Walt Disney World Tickets at Disneyland
Interesting, unpublished fact: you can use any unexpired, leftover days on a Walt Disney World ticket at Disneyland or DCA! Present the Disney World ticket at the gate on arrival -- they will take it somewhere, deduct a day from it, and give you a one-day Disneyland and/or DCA ticket.You can repeat this day by day until the Disney World ticket is used up. They will not give you a multi-day ticket all at once, even if you have multiple days left on your Disney World ticket.

The type of Disneyland ticket you will receive is based on the Walt Disney World ticket you present: if you have a Disney World ticket with the Hopper option, you will get a Disneyland Hopper that allows you to visit both parks in the same day; on the other hand, if the Disney World ticket had no Hopper option, you will get a one-day/one-park ticket and will have to pick which park to enter that day. This has been going on for at least 5 years that I know of, and the information was last reconfirmed by a MouseSavers.com reader as of May 2007.
Disneyland passes are NOT accepted at Walt Disney World, and Annual Passes are only good at the park where they were purchased (WDW Annual Passes are NOT good at Disneyland, and vice versa).​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter