Park View?

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
We have not been to Universal since the 1990's, but trying to coordinate a trip back.
I'm shocked at how cheap the onsite hotels are!

I wondered if any of the onsite hotels (preferably one of the ones that include the express pass) have rooms with a theme park view?
If so, which hotel/floor/room types should we request?

Thanks!

Royal Pacific has some lovely theme park views from both sides of the hotel......

This was way back in 2009 from a water view which was the waterway where the boats pass the hotel.....from T1

i-PD9v3B9-X2.jpg

These are from a pool view in T3.....for us the best tower with the best views.....

i-htTZp6f-X2.jpg

i-BJC85DF-X2.jpg

Hard Rock is closest to the Studios.

RP is closer to IOA.....not much in it. All hotels are walkable in a very short time.

Portofino Bay is a little longer, but not by much.

We can walk to IOA in 6-7 minutes from RP. From Studios to PB it took us just under 15 walking slow.

Or you can take the boat to PB, HR, RP and Sapphire has the boat too.

I should add these were the first pictures I came across and Duelling Dragons ride is now gone......

Thanks! Is Hard Rock the closest hotel to the park?
Do you walk to the park from the hotel or bus?
The walk between the parks and Hard Rock Hotel is relatively short. Its the closest onsite hotel, and our favorite one. If you didn't want to walk, they do have a free water taxi. No bus.

You can also walk from Portofino Bay and Royal Pacific, but its a slightly longer one. HRH is closest to Universal Studios, Portofino Bay is adjacent to HRH (on the other side of it), and Royal Pacific is on the opposite side of City Walk, closest to Islands of Adventure. These three hotels are the closest for walking and with water taxi that also offer unlimited express pass. I would swing for one of these resorts before I'd pay for a theme park view if that's an option at another resort.

The boats from the 3 deluxe hotels and SF are really nice. PBH is our favorite but we have not yet stayed at HRH (going in March). It think Universal does the "bubble" even better than Disney. We can easily spend 4 days there and never step foot in our car or a bus, and eat at any restaurant with no reservations. Add the EPs while in the parks, and it is truly heaven.

I've started researching Disney again after a 7 year hiatus. I knew things got more complicated and expensive, but it is crazy how much planning there is. I'm almost ready to give up!

7687A59D-AA4B-4755-89D1-BD2014820B45.jpeg9A313D73-24A0-481E-9E9D-9AB753E1D53A.jpegF4194128-A124-41BF-9EF3-F51C79918F3B.jpeg
These are some from Hard Rock, this is from 7th floor, we have a few rooms we like and typically request if at all possible to get. You can book pool view rooms that typically have a good view of the parks from 4 on up IMO, some rooms do have palm trees obstructing the view, I should note on 7th floor the pool view room category is not bookable and not always guaranteed, also that is the Rock Royalty floor.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!