Parking at Fort Wilderness

LeeAnnS

Earning My Ears
We have 7:15 breakfast Chef Mickey at Contemporary, followed by the day in MAgic Kindom and then the 4 pm show of Hoop Dee Do Review. I’m thinking might make sense to park at a Fort Wilderness (staying at offsite resort) and take the boat over to Contemporary and then back for the show, catching boat by 3 pmish? 2 kids, 3 adults one of which has portable scooter. Is this doable?

I’m not sure if they’ll allow it all day. The other issue is you will have to take an internal bus to the boat dock. Then after the show you’ll have to take another internal bus back up to your car.

Adding to my above comment you might just be better off paying for valet parking at the contemporary. Yes it’s expensive but it won’t involve any buses, just the boat.

You also can't take scooters on the boat to the contemporary, there are steps to go down to get on the boat. You can take them on the boat to the magic kingdom and then either use the walking path or the monorail to get to the contemporary from there.

so that means parking in the lot, taking an internal bus to the marina, taking the boat to the MK, then taking monorail or walking path to Contemporary, then elevator up to 4th floor for Chef Mickey's. I'd allow a lot of time to not be late for your reservation.

You also need to see what time the magic kingdom opens that day cause the boats from the fort only start a half hour before park opening so you may not even be able to get on a boat early enough.

Just adding my .02 that I'd probably do the Contemporary valet parking for the day. After breakfast you can monorail or walking path to the MK, then scooter-accessible boat over to the Fort for HDD, then scooter-accessible boat back to MK after the show, then monorail or walking path back over to Contemporary for your car.

Thanks, all! My bright rookie idea wasn’t so bright! 😂. Valet sounds like the best approach. We can take the scooter apart for transport. My husband can walk some And do the stairs. But, it looks like we should drive car from Contemporary to Fort Wilderness rather than trying to get back there after show? I should mention we do have a handicap placard if that makes a difference parking anywhere.

But, it looks like we should drive car from Contemporary to Fort Wilderness rather than trying to get back there after show? I should mention we do have a handicap placard if that makes a difference parking anywhere.

I wouldn't drive to FW for the show. Take the boat from Contemporary to FW (Hoop Dee Doo is right by the dock). After the show, take the boat back to Contemporary. It's a good way to end the evening just enjoying the waterway/scenery. I would not park at FW and do their internal buses.

I wouldn't drive to FW for the show. Take the boat from Contemporary to FW (Hoop Dee Doo is right by the dock). After the show, take the boat back to Contemporary. It's a good way to end the evening just enjoying the waterway/scenery. I would not park at FW and do their internal buses.
Thanks so much. Sounds like we have a plan!

Yes, it is doable. We did the exact same thing, but had breakfast reservations at the Ft. Wilderness buffer (next to the Hoop De Do. It was wonderful, no characters thought. Then we took their transportation over to MK for the day and came back for Hoop De Do, took the boats back. Just leave plenty of time and it helps if you can pick up your tickets ahead of time to save waiting in line to get them there. However, you still do have to wait to get your table assignment when you arrive at Hoop de Do. We were also offsite, parked at Ft Wilderness. You park in the upper or front lot and then take their internal transportation down to the boats, or catch a bus to MK right there where you park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!