Parking at the Boardwalk is NOT a problem

Good point about the GF! The parking lot is across the street and I feel like I don't hear many people upset about it!

Good point about the GF! The parking lot is across the street and I feel like I don't hear many people upset about it!

The GFV have their own parking lot right across from the villas. They don't have to park in the GF self parking lot.

Checked out of BWV last week. I do have an HA parking placard. There was always an HA parking space. I was surprised.

Maybe it wasn't an issue for the OP. It is not the distance I have a problem with...it is the everchanging policy they have. I was informed by a guard blocking the entrance to the large lot that "this parking lot is for PAYING guests that dress nicely to go to an event". In retrospect I should have gone directly to whomever was the manager at that time....but I was so upset I couldn't see straight. Oh....and the lot was half empty.....all day. I even went out and took pictures a couple times. Our last trip there in October they changed the policy yet again....we were allowed to park there. I just wish they would keep guests informed.

. I was informed by a guard blocking the entrance to the large lot that "this parking lot is for PAYING guests that dress nicely to go to an event". In retrospect I should have gone directly to whomever was the manager at that time....but I was so upset I couldn't see straight. Oh....and the lot was half empty.....all day. I even went out and took pictures a couple times.

I fortunately can say I never had that experience of rudeness at any disney property. You are correct you should have gone to the manager doing the slow burn and taking photos unfortunately won't correct employee behavior.

DGRJ....we've been members since 1997 and had never been treated with such rudeness...and haven't since. I just went back and checked my photos. It was Oct. 2012, during food and wine festival. I completely understand them wanting non-stayers to park across the road at the overflow or behind the valet lot. But this was crazy....I wish I knew how to upload a photo so you could see how empty the lot was. The only thing I can think of was maybe a dignitary was visiting and it was for security purposes?

That being said, the only time I really "mind" the walk is moving in day and moving out day. But we have also gotten wiser and now just drop off one person with the bags at the front.

DGRJ....we've been members since 1997 and had never been treated with such rudeness...and haven't since. I just went back and checked my photos. It was Oct. 2012, during food and wine festival. I completely understand them wanting non-stayers to park across the road at the overflow or behind the valet lot. But this was crazy....I wish I knew how to upload a photo so you could see how empty the lot was. The only thing I can think of was maybe a dignitary was visiting and it was for security purposes?

That being said, the only time I really "mind" the walk is moving in day and moving out day. But we have also gotten wiser and now just drop off one person with the bags at the front.

We also were sent on our way in Oct 2012 although thankfully weren't given a message quite like that! We were told it was for convention attendees only and also saw that the lot was never even close to full. Maybe at best 1/2 full and might have been less. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter