Parking during AP block out

SusanMatt

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if you can still park at Mickey & Friends when your AP is blocked? We are blocked at the end of December, but we still want to go in to look at hotel Christmas decorations.

If we can’t, we will just have lunch or dinner at Downtown.

Thanks.

You will have to pay to park in the theme park lots. Downtown Disney lot will be mad house if you go in the evening.

This is an interesting question. I guess it never occurred to me that free parking might not be available on blockout days.

I have a follow up question: if a passholder goes to the Disney store in Downtown Disney on a blockout day and makes a purchase, would they receive the pass holder discount? Presumably, they would.

Parking is not blacked out on the days we've gone. I found out the hard way. We parked, got all the way to the gates and it was the first Saturday when the blackouts started. Turned into a great beach day and found our new favorite restaurant, Pasta Connection.

Parking is not blacked out on the days we've gone. I found out the hard way. We parked, got all the way to the gates and it was the first Saturday when the blackouts started. Turned into a great beach day and found our new favorite restaurant, Pasta Connection.
It’s usually only blocked on NYE if your pass is blocked.

If we can’t, we will just have lunch or dinner at Downtown.

We just did that and were pleasantly surprised to find out they've raised the limits to 3 hours for a $20 purchase, and 5 hours for eating at a sit-down restaurant or seeing a movie. Initially it was 2 hours and 4 hours, respectively. Not sure if this is permanent or just for the holiday season.

Parking is supposed to be blocked if your admission to the park is blocked, but occasionally the system isn't in sync.

Parking is supposed to be blocked if your admission to the park is blocked, but occasionally the system isn't in sync.
My working theory is if you have a pass that the parking is automatically included (Signature), then the system will know it’s a blockout date and not let you park for free. But if you have the older parking add-on, they won’t have the same blackout restrictions. Anyone know if that is true?

My working theory is if you have a pass that the parking is automatically included (Signature), then the system will know it’s a blockout date and not let you park for free. But if you have the older parking add-on, they won’t have the same blackout restrictions. Anyone know if that is true?

Pretty sure I remember that the old passes with the parking add on were blocked off of the AP was blocked. But then it changed.

And then it changed again.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/faq/annual-passes/blockout-day-ticket/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter