Parking fees fiasco and effects on SSR and/or Disney Springs?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
So with the new parking fees fiasco taking place, how do you think this will eventually effect Disney Springs? Do you think at some point there will be a fee to park at Disney Springs? Do you think that Disney might just crack down on people parking there and walking over to Saratoga Springs and catching a bus there? Could the bus system ever be transformed into only allowing resort guest on them?

What other possibilities could arise with Saratoga Springs/Disney Springs in regards to all this?

Do you really want to have everyone scan their magicband as they board the bus?

If they attempt to add a payment booth the the DS Parking Garages, it will create a congestion nightmare. Also, the roads leading into the garages can't handle a payment booth either.

I just think that something might happen in the future. Not sure what, or how, but I bet Disney is already tinkering with an idea.

If they attempt to add a payment booth the the DS Parking Garages, it will create a congestion nightmare. Also, the roads leading into the garages can't handle a payment booth either.

They don’t have had to payment booths. Many lots around where I live have numbered spots and a kiosk that you pay at or you can pay through an app.

It's Disney, you can guarantee that things will change in the future.

:earsboy: Bill

Do you really want to have everyone scan their magicband as they board the bus?

Why not? Scan, walk. I don’t see this as slowing things down. Watch people getting on the bus now-lots of stop and wait.

They have parking garages in Orlando that you pay before you leave at a kiosk. You get your ticket when you enter the parking garage. As you return to your car, you stop at the kiosk and pay with a credit card or cash. You have limited time to get to the exit and you get your paid ticket scanned. If you paid too little, you'll pay more. So you can't pay as soon as you enter the garage and get out without paying the correct fee.

Gotta mention something DW and I noticed on the buses, about three to Four trips ago... Something that changed :).

A device, positioned at the bus door interior. Just about wrist height :). On your next trip? Look for it :). Very innocuous, black, clearly digital :).
Just us - we suspect that the WDW buses are already EQUIPPED to read MB's.

A few years ago Disney buses went through some upgrades that had issues. They worked with an outside company to automate their dispatch system. They installed the boxes on the dash by the driver that they use to log in and dispatch the route and it was supposed to count the passengers on the bus, use GPS to determine their locations, add the theme music based on bus location and dispatch additional buses to busy locations. They installed electric eye counters on each bus doorway that was to count the passengers as they boarded and sensors on some of the bus waiting areas. Some of the features worked, some didn't and I read somewhere that the company that Disney hired went out of business.

With the extended MB technology, they can spot guests wearing MB which may help with bus dispatching, also there is a reason that they have CM's counting guests at the bus stops, maybe comparing physical counts to automated ones?

:earsboy: Bill

Back in 1991 on our first family trip to Disneyworld you had to show your room card before boarding the bus. They usually just asked for one per family.

Back in 1991 on our first family trip to Disneyworld you had to show your room card before boarding the bus. They usually just asked for one per family.

Yes, and my stepdaughter was denied access to the boat because she didn't have her card. You know how we "retaliated"? We've taken over 35 trips since then. They were just enforcing rules.

So with the new parking fees fiasco taking place, how do you think this will eventually effect Disney Springs? Do you think at some point there will be a fee to park at Disney Springs? Do you think that Disney might just crack down on people parking there and walking over to Saratoga Springs and catching a bus there? Could the bus system ever be transformed into only allowing resort guest on them?

What other possibilities could arise with Saratoga Springs/Disney Springs in regards to all this?

Just curious why do you think it’s a fiasco?

In the 70's, you had to show your resort card in order to ride the 'resort monorail'. If you didn't have a resort card, you could only ride the TTC to MK "express" route. I still have the ones I was issued from the Poly in my scrap book.

Well with the fact that there will be some who will try to game the system even more . In turn making it worse on those who are honest.
There will always be those who try to game the system. It will be up to Disney to make sure it won’t be a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter