Parking fees through another DVC

zobow02

Mouseketeer
So we are booking through a website similar to Daves dvc at the poly, I was wondering, since we are booking kind of through a dvc if we will get free parking?

The way I interpret the new fee...unless you are a DVC member, you will have to pay $24 to park. But maybe because you are using points, they waive. Not sure because it is not specified.

Standard Overnight Parking charges per Resort Category:

• Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
  • Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
  • Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night
Disney Vacation Club Members
Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

Being it specifically says DVC Members will not be charged and not DVC reservations, I am thinking points rentals/ guests will be. Did anyone else see some Deluxes will be $33/night? I saw that in one spot, but not in any others was wondering if it is true and if so which ones??

They might ask to see your member card when parking and not just go by that you have a DVC reservation.

From the Mousesavers site those renting DVC points will also park for free.

Here is the quote:
Guests of Disney Vacation Club Members staying at a DVC resort using a DVC member’s points (including people using rented DVC points), get FREE parking.

what about resale dvc owners are they free (members for this perk ) or will they have to be a grandfather or full member to get this perk ?

Here is the quote:
Guests of Disney Vacation Club Members staying at a DVC resort using a DVC member’s points (including people using rented DVC points), get FREE parking.

Well that will make point rental more attractive, and point value go up for owners looking to rent if true.

what about resale dvc owners are they free (members for this perk ) or will they have to be a grandfather or full member to get this perk ?
It's not a perk....it's included in our dues so there's no difference between direct or resale. Unless they back it out of the dues they can't charge for it.

Regarding renters, from those who have called in it appears that they will not have to pay parking as those stays are on points which again having parking covered through dues.

When we rented points to stay at Grand Californian at DLR, we didn't have to pay to park. Looks like other have confirmed that here as well.

Here is the quote:

This is good I think. I sometimes book two rooms, for us, and for guests so we both have a quiet place. I would hate to think my guests would have to pay for parking.

This is clearly a perk not something our dues pay for nor would a member want the dues paying for as it states DVC members paying cash for DVC villas and trading points out to stay at other Disney resorts. The rate DVC pays Disney for non DVC resorts was previously negotiated and good for all of 2018 like a guest holding a normal reservation made before March ??. I think 2019 or some year in the near future will bring changes just as the free valet parking went away. For now I would believe all DVC reservations member or not will get free parking but come January 1 2019 it very well may be very different.

This is clearly a perk not something our dues pay for nor would a member want the dues paying for as it states DVC members paying cash for DVC villas and trading points out to stay at other Disney resorts. The rate DVC pays Disney for non DVC resorts was previously negotiated and good for all of 2018 like a guest holding a normal reservation made before March ??. I think 2019 or some year in the near future will bring changes just as the free valet parking went away. For now I would believe all DVC reservations member or not will get free parking but come January 1 2019 it very well may be very different.

It’s not a perk. DVC owners paid for a real estate interest. That means they are actual owners of the DVC property - buildings & common areas including parking lots. Part of their dues go to maintain the parking lots. It would be illegal to charge them to park there because that would be charging them twice. Direct or resale, doesn’t matter, they’re all owners.

Does this include parking at the actual parks?
Onsite guests and AP holders get free parking at the theme parks. Guests staying at a Disney resort will pay to park their vehicle overnight at the resort. The exceptions are those with handicap parking placards and those who are staying at a DVC resort on points.

I have a points reservation for July through another site and they said I will not pay for parking. They did say that is subject to change at any time, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter