parking fees

kikiV

Mouseketeer
does anyone know if you are exchanging in from RCI (not DVC members; own elsewhere) to SS do you have to pay?

My guess is no. The DVC member who deposited the week so that the OP could get the exchange paid for the deposit with points. Renters and guests do not pay for that reason, so no reason to think same logic wouldn't apply to exchanges.

Perhaps the OP pays if the original deposit came from Disney-owned inventory, but that seems like something that would be cumbersome to track, so again, my guess is that all exchanges are not charged for parking.

IMO you would have to pay as only DVC members are exceptet.

If the logic about DVC members having deposited the week and paid with points applied, then RCI exchangers shouldn't pay the "resort fee" of $190 neither.

Welcome to a definite "grey area". While there have been CM communications which stated that reservations made on points (whether they held by a renter or owner) are exempted from the parking fee, there's been no guidance so far on RCI exchanges. You will *probably* be exempted, but only after the actual implementation occurs will anyone know for sure.

You shouldn't pay for parking. All DVC members pay for parking, as part of our annual dues. So, the rented points have already had the parking fees paid.

You shouldn't pay for parking. All DVC members pay for parking, as part of our annual dues. So, the rented points have already had the parking fees paid.

Worse. If you are a DVC OWNER? The US, in general, has frowned on any fee, toll, or encumbrance preventing you from access to your property :).

So - Nothing stopping DVC parking fees - as long as a safe means of WALKING in is established. Consider your home, in your City.... Has your city erected a toll booth just in front of your driveway? Likely no :).

This is not a perfect description.... but it does address the concept of "landlocked" property.

http://www.howtolaw.co/deal-with-landlocked-land-392263

"Landlocked" DVC interests would have been a VERY bad idea, under DVC Contracts. It may well have triggered a Class Action. Now - does not mean you get to park for free... just means you have the right to access your property. Walking is fine. Is this what DVC would want? Were I DVC, I would not want courts granting easements....

I think it’s all going to be determined by how they handle how the charges are applied. For example, will we be charged and then stop at desk to show you’re a dvc member. I’m sure this will not go smoothly. Nothing they’ve ever implemented has gone smoothly. Someone posted recently that the info would be on our magicband, which made me laugh, because I’m lucky if my MB opens the door. We’ve never had everyone’s MB work, and visit the front desk every trip to fix our MB.

does anyone know if you are exchanging in from RCI (not DVC members; own elsewhere) to SS do you have to pay?
I haven't seen anything official and I could see it going either way. But as of a day or so ago, the disclaimer info on RCI did not mention it. If it'll affect your choice, I'd check with DVCMC directly, if not, I'd just wait and take my chances.

Don't give Cook County any ideas.

That's not just funny ha ha, that is funny scary because we know officials here in Cook County spend much of their days and evenings doing nothing other than dreaming up new ways to extract money from the residents.

My guess is yes.

Owners can’t be charged mandatory fees for common elements by law and that extends to their guests and leasees, by the same law.

But. For example, DVC can and will charge the fee to those staying on DVC property on cash reservations (except for DVC owners).

And I think RCI is an extension of DVC managing points. Once DVC becomes the holder of the points for use, there is no owner or guest of owner that’ll be disenfranchised by law by being charged the fee.

The law prevents Disney from charging DVC members and their guests, so they won’t. That law doesn’t protect RCI bookings (unless the RCI Booker is also a DVC owner), so I’d wager they’ll be charged.

That's not just funny ha ha, that is funny scary because we know officials here in Cook County spend much of their days and evenings doing nothing other than dreaming up new ways to extract money from the residents.
And visitors.. my dad used to be mailed Chicago parking tickets ..on days he was nowhere near Cook. I think some official was dreaming while writing those bogus tickets.

Just a thought this morning. If renters are charged the parking fees, I wonder how many of those charges will end up on the owners account. Btw, it does happen. I’ve read several reports of this happening and saw it first had how it could’ve happened during a recent visit. I had my cc on file, but Bwv had an older card on file. At the end of my visit I got a message to stop by the front desk. I did and to my surprise they didn’t have a current card on file, but I was allowed to charge all week. I read a report last year when a owner had a family member do the same thing but didn’t know until their account got frozen because of outstanding balance. This is something that should be addressed if you use one of the rental companies to protect yourself.

Just a thought this morning. If renters are charged the parking fees, I wonder how many of those charges will end up on the owners account. Btw, it does happen. I’ve read several reports of this happening and saw it first had how it could’ve happened during a recent visit. I had my cc on file, but Bwv had an older card on file. At the end of my visit I got a message to stop by the front desk. I did and to my surprise they didn’t have a current card on file, but I was allowed to charge all week. I read a report last year when a owner had a family member do the same thing but didn’t know until their account got frozen because of outstanding balance. This is something that should be addressed if you use one of the rental companies to protect yourself.
Renters can’t be charged parking fees.

Florida timeshare law says parking lots are common elements to timeshares and timeshares can’t charge a mandatory fee for use of common elements.

This is why Disney exempted DVC owners from the fee. It’s the law.

Same law says that guests and leasees (renters) of owner also can’t be charged for use of common elements staying in owner’s stead.

So. At least as it applies to parking fees, any charges should be successfully challenged.

Renters can’t be charged parking fees.

Florida timeshare law says parking lots are common elements to timeshares and timeshares can’t charge a mandatory fee for use of common elements.

This is why Disney exempted DVC owners from the fee. It’s the law.

Same law says that guests and leasees (renters) of owner also can’t be charged for use of common elements staying in owner’s stead.

So. At least as it applies to parking fees, any charges should be successfully challenged.

You are assuming things go according to plan. While that would be great, I don’t have a lot of confidence that billing invoices will be correct all the time. I’m glad I can see my daily charges on my app!

Bumping this thread up again since it has been a year since the last reply. Does anyone know if you are staying in a DVC resort as an RCI exchange guest if you have to pay for parking? I know we are charged $190.00 at check in to supposedly cover in part transportation but if we bring our own car and don't use their buses do you pay to park on top of the $190.00?

Bumping this thread up again since it has been a year since the last reply. Does anyone know if you are staying in a DVC resort as an RCI exchange guest if you have to pay for parking? I know we are charged $190.00 at check in to supposedly cover in part transportation but if we bring our own car and don't use their buses do you pay to park on top of the $190.00?
No.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter