Parking for the Boardwalk

rickc77316

Earning My Ears
We are staying offsite and want to visit the boardwalk. What is your suggestion for parking as I hear the parking there fills up very quickly. Where should we plan to park our car and also how to get over to the boardwalk? thanks in advance for your help

Your best option would likely be to use the free parking at Disney Springs, then take the resort bus from there to the Boardwalk. If you are not staying at Boardwalk, and do not have a restaurant reservation, you could get turned away at the security gate if you try to park directly at the Boardwalk. Another option, if you're in the parks, you can just walk there in about five minutes from the International Gateway at Epcot.

We usually just park in the overflow parking across the street from the boardwalk near the convenience store, never had any issues.

Its so much easier to park at DHS and walk over - its not a long walk (and we go in August's heat) - vs. parking at DS and taking a bus. Honestly I don't think its worth visiting the Boardwalk if you are going to take a bus to get there and back. Its not that interesting (unless you are going to Jelly Rolls or something and enjoy that).

If your visiting Epcot or Hollywood Studios, you can (walk) or ride boat to the Boardwalk. If you park at Beach Club or Yacht Club
you can ride boat across the Lake to Boardwalk also. When we stayed at Boardwalk in 2016, my favorite part was riding boat back to Boardwalk and seeing the Boardwalk sign all lit up! Not to mention the lights illuminating the Palm trees along the way to the Swan/Dolphin:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!