Parking Lot Tram

kilee

DIS Veteran
First I want to thank everyone who has answered my previous questions. Everytime DH and begin to talk about our upcoming trip w/ his mom. We have more and more questions.

She is renting and EVC and we were wondering do the parking lot trams accomodate them? If not, how is this situation handled? I mean I know there can be times that you are parked miles away.

Originally posted by kilee
First I want to thank everyone who has answered my previous questions. Everytime DH and begin to talk about our upcoming trip w/ his mom. We have more and more questions.

She is renting and EVC and we were wondering do the parking lot trams accomodate them? If not, how is this situation handled? I mean I know there can be times that you are parked miles away.

She will have to riide the ECV to the park along the walkway at the side of the lot. You can either trot along side or take the tram in and meet her there. The trams cannot carry an ECV.;)

You have 3 other options:

• [1]If you are staying on site, the buses, monorails and most of the boats can carry up to 2 wheelchairs or ecvs. It takes a little practice to back up to get on the bus lift, but most people feel pretty comfortable after the first few rides. If you are staying on site, the bus is a better way to get to MK than driving yourself since it lets you off close to the turnstiles. If you drive, you have to get to the TTC and then take boat or monorail to MK.
    [2]If she has a handicapped parking permit, you can park in the handicapped parking lot. There is no tram service and at MK and Epcot, be prepared for a walk.
    [3]If she doesn't have a handicapped parking permit, inform the parking CMs (each one you get to) that you have an ecvv and don't have a handicapped parking permit. They usually save some spots near the entrance for that sort of situation. They may also direct you to park in the handicapped parking area. Some spots there are marked with the wheelchair symbol. If you park in one of those, you do possibly risk a ticket. But there are some other spots in the lot that don't have a symbol or a sign. If the CM directs you to that lot, you can park in those spots without being ticketed.

Thank you. MIL does have a handicap parking placard. We weren't going to bring it. Now we definetly will. Thanks again!!!!!!!

Definitely bring the handicapped parking permit! That is one of the nice things about a haniging tag as opposed to hanidcapped plates. In a WDW park parking lot, just hold it up to show a CM & you will be directed tot he handicapped parking section ... follow the blue lines on the road.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter