Parking lot trams with a Rollator?

LuvMyEAR

DIS Veteran
Loading and unloading an ECV can be too much for my DD and me, so I am embarking on my first trip with a rollator later this year. Fingers crossed it will give me enough support to get more exercise, while always having a seat at hand.

Can rollators be taken (collapsed, of course) on the parking lot trams?

The one I have does not have any clip or other means to lock it into a closed position. Will have to figure a means to do this.

You can also let the parking CM know you need to park in medical over flow ( I think that is what it is called) it is for people with mobility problems but do not have a handicap tag. My friend that uses an ECV parks there all the time it is just behind the handicap spots.

You can also let the parking CM know you need to park in medical over flow ( I think that is what it is called) it is for people with mobility problems but do not have a handicap tag. My friend that uses an ECV parks there all the time it is just behind the handicap spots.
Tram drop off is a lot closer than handicap and medical overflow. Tell parking attendant tou need to park near tram stop for medical reasons

A disadvantage of the disabled parking area is that there is no tram service. The walk from the lot to the monorail and/or ferry is longer from the lot than from where the trams drop you off.

Thank you - I would never have thought of that and we are usually the lucky winners(?) of the spots at the faaarrr end of any row. Seriously, we have been known to do a happy dance when we are 6 cars from the end of a row.

I would be delighted to save my steps for inside the parks!

Thank you - I would never have thought of that and we are usually the lucky winners(?) of the spots at the faaarrr end of any row. Seriously, we have been known to do a happy dance when we are 6 cars from the end of a row.

I would be delighted to save my steps for inside the parks!
It’s fine for someone who is using an ECV, pushing a wheelchair or is a personnwho regularly propels their own wheelchair, but there is no tram service and it can be quite a walk in.
The shortest walk will still be parking in the regular lot and using the tram service.

It’s fine for someone who is using an ECV, pushing a wheelchair or is a personnwho regularly propels their own wheelchair, but there is no tram service and it can be quite a walk in.
The shortest walk will still be parking in the regular lot and using the tram service.
OP. Yes if the walk is too much let the CM know when you go down your row that you have mobility problems and ask to park closer to the end of the row might be another option

that over flow is worse than regular parking lots at MK. been there and done that. never again no tram to that area and it is a hike for me slightly uphill

In some cases, if you have a medical need, the parking lot attendant on the Segway can have you do a little loop the loop and you commence a new parking row prematurely and presto, you are right at the tram lane. Also, the colored spot at the start of each parking lot row is sometimes used as a handicapped space for those who can still ride the trams.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!