Part 2 of Linda Mac's AKV blog is up

Having the desk next to the bed is OK. But using a nightstand as a chair-side table just looks odd. I suspect somebody made a mistake and put the Internet connection on the wrong side of the room so they had to move the desk next to the bed. If they had intended to put the desk next to the bed, then they would have put a different table in there and not put a nightstand next to the chair.

Forgot to address the table itself.

To me, that table is not necessarily a nightstand. Traditionally tables like that have been used in other rooms too. One example is here:

http://www.hickorychair.com/Products/Item.asp?ItemID=3625&bhcp=1

We have two different sets of that general type of table. I've had fun over the years moving them around bedrooms, living room and family room.:goodvibes

Is there an internet connection in the MBR? At BCV it is in the living room/kitchen between the couch and the banquette.

I had hoped it would be in the BR by the desk but at BCV that's not the case.
When we toured the model rooms, my DH checked out the desk in the master bedroom. He says that right along the top of the desk there were three power outlets, a phone jack, and a RJ45 socket for connecting to the Internet. So the desk is designed to allow easy access to everything you need to hook up your laptop assuming of course that they actually connect everything up.

When we toured the model rooms, my DH checked out the desk in the master bedroom. He says that right along the top of the desk there were three power outlets, a phone jack, and a RJ45 socket for connecting to the Internet. So the desk is designed to allow easy access to everything you need to hook up your laptop assuming of course that they actually connect everything up.

Very cool. That is consistent with the renovated rooms at the Polynesian.

Forgot to address the table itself.

To me, that table is not necessarily a nightstand. Traditionally tables like that have been used in other rooms too
I just think it looks like a nightstand and looks better next to the bed, as shown in this photo from the 1BR model:

BR260.jpg

In the model 1BR they had two phones in the master bedroom. One was on the desk and the other was on one of the nightstands. So I think another possible reason for moving the desk next to the bed is so that they only have to put one phone in the bedroom.

Yes, I think you're right.

It's a little hard to tell but the table looks a bit overwhelmed by the armoire in Linda's picture. And the mirror behind the table looks better suited to over the desk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter