Partner Swap- Holiday Theme! Challenge#7 Post #2

JohnsonsLoveDisney

DIS Veteran

This swap will be holiday themed and will include Halloween and Christmas- Disney or everyday depending on your partner’s preferences.

We will be doing an altered item. You can choose your project- paintcan, frames, message board, apron, sign, candy bowl etc.

Sign ups will be August 27-29. Then I will partner everyone up and post the first challenge Friday August 31.

The swap will run until October 19th.

We will also have a kid group if there is interest.

YOUR PACKAGE WILL NEED TO BE POSTAL NO LATER THAN OCTOBER 24th!. This is going to be a rock hard date.

Please make sure you send your package with delivery confirmation, you will also need to PM me that number.

If you cannot adhere to the shipping guidelines I will ask that you refrain from swapping with us. A lot of time and effort goes into these and it’s always a shame when someone doesn't receive their package. Also if you haven’t been able to be on time in recent swaps or I feel that you have too much on your swap plate, I will ask you to not sign up. A lot of time, energy, creativity and money go into this type of swap and it just is not fair to your partner. Sorry to be so mean about it.

You will also need to check in with your partner at least once per week on the thread. And check in with me every Friday for the new challenge.

You will complete the challenges and put them in an envelope .

I may have to do some research to find some really new stuff. These will consist of things like titles, journal boxes, decorated squares, etc. All things that you can use in your albums!

You can use carts, stamps, clip art. What ever you desire. As long as it looks good. We will go by our normal swapping guidelines for embellishment.

You are also allowed to add in extra goodies if you want. We'll keep it to a $10 maximum for store bought but you can always add more handmade if you want.

We will need an even number of people, since this will be a partner swap. We will have a questionarie to fill out so that you can get to know your partner. You will send to them and they will send to you. I encourage you to openly chat on the thread, pm, email, text, phone. Go ahead make a new friend.

Please do not sign up for this swap if you can not make the deadline. Thanks!!!

I will limit this swap to Veteran Swappers and Swappers that are in good standing with our Swap Boards meaning that you have sent your groups in on time and your quality has been up to par. I will be checking in with the swap goddess A LOT of time, money and talent goes into a swap like this. If you are a newbie and interested we will do another swap similar later in the year and after you have completed 2-3 other swaps with us on time I will be more than happy to have you.

Here is the thread from our Paint Can Swap: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2856202

You can take pics of your projects as you go or at the end. But please do not post them on the thread, part of the fun is the surprise that you get at the end. However I would like you to post pics of the can you receive and post them on the thread for us all to admire.

Players so far:
KKbeaton2 :cool1:- Tyniknate:drive::cool1:
AZ Rita:drive::cool1:-BelleB:cool1:
Rlovew:cool1:- Mommy2MRB:drive:
JJ&JH'smom:cool1:-LaWanna Yeager:cool1::drive:
MM2000:drive::cool1:- JLD:cool1::drive:

Requirements for pieces: Have fun, be creative, make something you would want in your own books.

Challenge #1- Let's start slow like normal and do 6 Fall or Halloween (or both depending on your partners preferences) Titles

Challenge#2

Let's do 4 banners. 2 fall/Halloween theme 2 winter/Christmas theme.

Also don't forget to work on your altered item. :)

Challenge #3 -6 or more Fall/Halloween Paper piecings :)

Challenge #4
12 photo mats 6 fall/halloween and 6 winter/christmas/holiday

Challenge #5 2 page Fall/Halloween Layout or Kit

Challenge #6
6 Winter/Holiday/Christmas Titles

Challenge #7
6-or more Winter/Holiday/Christmas Paper piecings

I am so in! We are going to DL for T&T from the 11th Oct to 13th so I will miss one check in but everything should be ok and I can shopping for my partner too!
At least there will be no surprise cruises in the middle of this. No, honest, there wont be because the rest of the fam is too excited to see Book of Mormon at the Pantages!:yay:

I am interested- I need to look seriously at my calendar and make sure I would have time. I may be away at my parents towards the end of our time (but that doesn't stop me from working (I would just use mom's stuff) or checking in (I have more reliable internet in MD with them).

I don't celebrate Halloween at all however- I don't mind making things for Halloween but have no use for items from it myself (I did attend the Halloween party 1 year but have all I need to scrap it). Would not having a need for any Halloween items be a problem- I suppose it might depend on if my partner would really want to make them.

Rebecca

I am so in! We are going to DL for T&T from the 11th Oct to 13th so I will miss one check in but everything should be ok and I can shopping for my partner too!
At least there will be no surprise cruises in the middle of this. No, honest, there wont be because the rest of the fam is too excited to see Book of Mormon at the Pantages!:yay:

:thumbsup2 that wont be an issue :) glad to have you.

I am interested- I need to look seriously at my calendar and make sure I would have time. I may be away at my parents towards the end of our time (but that doesn't stop me from working (I would just use mom's stuff) or checking in (I have more reliable internet in MD with them).

I don't celebrate Halloween at all however- I don't mind making things for Halloween but have no use for items from it myself (I did attend the Halloween party 1 year but have all I need to scrap it). Would not having a need for any Halloween items be a problem- I suppose it might depend on if my partner would really want to make them.

Rebecca

I think that will be ok. your partner can just do fall items for you.

I'm in, but we also do not do much for Halloween as the kiddos are older. I will PM my questionaire later this evening.

For those who dont celebrate Halloween are you including Christmas in that?
I wouldnt have a problem doing Fall, Christmas, T-giving as long as my partner wouldnt mind doing Halloween.
Also, again, if Mazda decides to play , or any one else overseas I dont mind mailing internationally.
I wont be able to have my questionaire done until this weekend.

I think we'll play by ear so to speak. If you don't want or need a specific holiday or season item, just make a not on your questionaire. Or if you celebrate something different at those times. Like harvest, or the winter solstice....

We can accomodate everyone. :) adds some spice, maybe a bit of a challenge.

I'd love for Mazda to play!!

We do lots of fall things, just not Halloween so much. Christmas is huge for us.

Rachal, I didn't get the questionare filled out last night, hopefully tonight.

I'm in the same boat for halloween with Megan older, so would be happy with fall theme stuff too

I'm going to have to sit this one out. I'll be working full time, covering for a co-worker on maternity leave, for almost the whole length of the swap. I'm afraid I won't have enough time. I hope we will have another one soon. These swaps are so much fun! I'll be watching to see what you ladies create.

JJ&JHsmom said:
We do lots of fall things, just not Halloween so much. Christmas is huge for us.

Rachal, I didn't get the questionare filled out last night, hopefully tonight.

No worries, official sign ups are Monday. :)

ckmom97 said:
I'm going to have to sit this one out. I'll be working full time, covering for a co-worker on maternity leave, for almost the whole length of the swap. I'm afraid I won't have enough time. I hope we will have another one soon. These swaps are so much fun! I'll be watching to see what you ladies create.

Bummer. :( we'll miss you. Maybe a new one after the first of the year. I'm going to take a break after this till we get back from wdw. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!