Party Time Scheduling Disappointment

jcvalenti

Epcot OG
So I've got to vent a little ... in lieu of a 20th Anniversary trip to Napa Valley this October (wow - that turned out to be a good call), we planned a dream "Christmas Time" surprise trip for the kids from 11/25 to 12/2. We split the stay between Boardwalk area and our first trip ever to Poly.

The way it worked out, we've got 3 Magic Kingdom park days (one with MVMCP), and a Friday night checkin at Poly where I landed an 8pm Ohana, so we could try that for the first time and watch the fireworks.

Now I find out Disney revised the park calendar on our Ohana night, and MK is closing early for private event - there appears to be no fireworks at all that night. The next night, we are at California Grill with a 7:15 reservation, but it's a Christmas Party night, so they'll only be doing Wishes, and not until 10pm. Long story short, out of 3 Magic Kingdom area days, we won't see Happily Ever After even once, and during both of our prime "fireworks location" dining opportunities, we won't see anything.

I know there are no guarantees as to scheduling, but all this add-on party stuff is getting awfully annoying.

And no, shuffling our schedule really isn't possible as all rooms are booked - we'd have to spend all of our Boardwalk time going to MK, and all our Monorail Loop time heading back to Boardwalk.

Okay - venting over. Still looking forward to the trip ! 42 Days !

I'm sorry for the disappointment.

That private MK event has been on the calendar for some time. It's a CM recognition party.

You said you have 3 MK days, with one being a party day. Why can't you see HEA on the night you aren't doing CG?

FWIW, Holiday Wishes might be the better show to see from outside the park (because of all the perimeter bursts).

That private MK event has been on the calendar for some time. It's a CM recognition party.

It wasn't on there when I booked and set everything up in April, and really since the day I booked, there hasn't been a single room available anywhere else that weekend to switch things up. I check constantly.

You said you have 3 MK days, with one being a party day. Why can't you see HEA on the night you aren't doing CG?
Of the 3 "MK Nights", 2 are MVMCP nights, and the other is now this CM Party. Over the 8 day trip, HEA is only going 3 nights, and all early in the trip where we have fixed plans for other parks.

FWIW, Holiday Wishes might be the better show to see from outside the park (because of all the perimeter bursts).
I would take solace in that, but the two nights dining outside the park, one is on the night they are doing nothing. I mean, dont the Cast Members at least deserve a private fireworks viewing :) I suppose on our last night I could try to bump California Grill back an hour so we can hang out and watch it from there.

Sorry for the disappointment. I don't know what your plans are on your California Grill night. If you eat at your designated time, you can still go back up to the restaurant after you are done eating to view the fireworks. You just have to show your receipt.

The Christmas firework show is awesome with the perimeter fireworks! :)

You don't have to be dining outside the park to enjoy the fireworks. Just walk down to the beach at teh Poly. It's not the same as viewing inside the park, I get that, but the view from the beach is really nice.

I am still confused on why these schedule changes would require you to change hotel rooms. In any case, sorry you can not make the schedule work for you. I would still consider trying to switch things around and go over to MK from Boardwalk.

Do you have park hoppers?

Sorry for the disappointment. I don't know what your plans are on your California Grill night. If you eat at your designated time, you can still go back up to the restaurant after you are done eating to view the fireworks. You just have to show your receipt.

The Christmas firework show is awesome with the perimeter fireworks! :)

I empathize when calendars change MONTHS after rooms, ADRs, and (not months, but) FPs are locked in. It truly sucks.

But.....
We've done CG fireworks twice and honestly, I'd much rather be finished eating and standing outside in the cool night air to watch :) Last trip we ate, went downstairs, found all the hidden Olafs in the gingerbread display, shopped, then went back up for fireworks. One of our favorite Disney nights ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter