Passholder Appreciation Quick Service Discount

biochemgirl

DIS Veteran
We're now a couple days into the passholder appreciation period. Has anyone made use of the buy 1 get one 1/2 off quick service dining discount? Please tell us your experience and were you able to use any of the credits the next day?

I did this last year. The fine print states that if you buy the maximum allowed per day (two full price and two half price), all credits must be used that day. Nothing about expiration dates is mentioned if you only buy one get one half off per day. They never expire. I watched a cashier change the expiration date from the standard two weeks to a date that was years in the future, presumably because they have to put a date. I bought a total of eight plans, but never more than two a day. I was still using them over half a year later with no problem. Also, you do not have to use any credits at the time of purchase. If you frequently visit and prefer buying rather than packing food, I would buy two plans with each pass every day you are there during the promotion and then you will have food for many months to come.

I bought these several times last year and had no issues using them on different days.
I would not buy the quick service plan without this deal.
You can ask when you buy them as well - the women who sold them to me did say it was not an issue to use them over several days.

I bought these several times last year and had no issues using them on different days.
I would not buy the quick service plan without this deal.
You can ask when you buy them as well - the women who sold them to me did say it was not an issue to use them over several days.

tony, we will be at UO 9/26-10/4. The AP QS Deal ends on 9/30. Do you think I could buy QS plans on the 30th and be able to use them on 10/1,2 &3?

TIA!

We were going to do this but priced our QS meals on day one and it wouldn't have saved us money. For 4 of us pricier qS $60 the plan would have been $75 for the 4 of us. So that plus another round of $3 drinks and a snack each would make it slightly higher- but we are not snackers so we opted to not do it

We were going to do this but priced our QS meals on day one and it wouldn't have saved us money. For 4 of us pricier qS $60 the plan would have been $75 for the 4 of us. So that plus another round of $3 drinks and a snack each would make it slightly higher- but we are not snackers so we opted to not do it
Yeah - even with the buy one get one at half price I did not come out all that far ahead - just a few dollars.
Since I usually get more than one bottle of water a day and like to get the ice cream at the HP Ice cream shop it works out for me

I'm trying to price it out myself. At buy one get one half price it might be a good deal. I still bring my refillable "red cup" from 2006 (I'm assuming that hasn't changed in the last couple of years). So, the drink with the meal doesn't really count much value wise(although I've heard pumpkin juice and a couple of other items count as drinks and a couple at Simpson Fast Food Blvd you can get the combo with a shake as you meal. But with ever increasing price of butterbeer, Meals + Butterbeer could be worth it.

If you use the snack credit on the 6.99 butterbeer, that leaves 10.25 left in value. Most meals cost more than that- without a drink. So you are getting two free drinks and a few bucks off your meal. Many of the ice cream options are at least five dollars. If you like butterbeer or ice cream it is quite easy to come out ahead, especially if you get all your food and drinks in the wizarding sections.

I will be solo. Is it possible for one person to buy one of the BOGO 1/2 off offers and use the entitlements over two days?

I plan on having breakfast at Leaky Cauldron so this would definitely be a savings for me.

Thanks!

I will be solo. Is it possible for one person to buy one of the BOGO 1/2 off offers and use the entitlements over two days?

I plan on having breakfast at Leaky Cauldron so this would definitely be a savings for me.

Thanks!
That is what I do so you should be fine.. The breakfast is $16 so it works out well with the BOGO 1/2 off deal

For these quick service plans, they hand you a debit card for each plan that has the credits purchased on each one. They might even be able to load all credits onto one card. They don't have to be used all at one time or all in one place. I spread three plans over three days between three kids (one freestyle cup/day, three butter beers on one day, and kids meals here and there).

I don't know how long until they expire. That would be good to know.

Has anyone verified if you can split the credits between different days this year? Also do these credits have to be used during the promotion (could I buy extra and use them on future trips is what I really want to know) Thanks!

Has anyone verified if you can split the credits between different days this year? Also do these credits have to be used during the promotion (could I buy extra and use them on future trips is what I really want to know) Thanks!
Not sure I would do that - they could start enforcing this at any time - or they could completely change the plan invalidating any of the older cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter