Passholder Room Discount Help!!

leigh1186

Earning My Ears
Hi all! I have tried to search high and low for info on this topic but I keep getting mixed answers. I currently have a package booked for the end of November with an 8 day ticket. Since originally booking my trip I decided I want to change my park tickets to an Annual Pass. From what I have been told I need to upgrade my 8 day ticket to an AP in person, at the parks.
Since I won't be an AP holder until I am actually on the trip, I am wondering if I have any hope of somehow applying an AP room discount on my resort stay?? I am not entirely sure how the AP room discounts work. Is there any way I could even find out if a discount was available? (Not a DVC member but staying in a Studio at Poly Villas for 5 nights, then Riverside for 3 more nights) Any help and knowledge on this subject would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

The only problem is that the end of November has hardly any availability with a passholder discount. I’ve been struggling to get five nights at one resort for 11/28 to 12/3. I’m currently split with the first 3 nights at Kidani and last 2 at POR. I check multiple times a day and was finally able to get that configuration today. I’m still hoping to get all 5 nights at one resort at a reasonable price.

You need to have an annual pass linked to your MDE to check prices online, but you should be able to call to check availability. Other disser’s will also look up the info online for you if you just give them your dates.

Thanks for the info! I’m going in January, so I am still waiting on those discounts to come out. Fingers crossed.

I had no problems with availability last January. This end of November thing is killing me. I spend wayyyyy more time on Disney’s site searching for a deal then anyone should be. :rotfl:

I'm not sure how you could book it, but if you post your exact dates and preferred resort(s), I'll be happy to check the AP discount availability for you. My guess is that there will be nothing remotely close available anyway. Availability has been pathetic since before the offer was even released.

I always stop at Disney Springs and get my AP the day we arrive. I then go to the resort and show them my AP. You don't have to have it until you get to the resort. They will give you the discount on the phone. I have done this at least 5 times that I have made reservations with my AP to get the discount.

I am not entirely sure how the AP room discounts work. Is there any way I could even find out if a discount was available?

AP discounts work like every other discount, you can not apply it to the room you have booked, unless it is available within the discount so you can switch. If you give me your exact dates I can see what is available for you, but it can't be applied to your package likely because AP rates are room only-- no tickets because you have an AP already. There was a huge AP discount bottleneck going on for 11/30, where nothing or only very top level rooms were appearing. But yesterday it opened up a bit, so you may find some availability if you are looking for a deluxe.

You do need to upgrade the tickets at the park, though once I had success doing it on the phone, but there were circumstances. Another option depending on how far out you are, is just cancelling your package and buying the APs, then booking your room with the discount. I'd do this on the phone so you can make sure you have the room rate secured before you plunk down the $ for the APs and lose your current rate.

There was a huge AP discount bottleneck going on for 11/30, where nothing or only very top level rooms were appearing. But yesterday it opened up a bit, so you may find some availability if you are looking for a deluxe.

exactly this....

I wonder if it has to do with the cast member appreciation night on November 30th?

I kept finding some rooms for 11/28 to 11/30 and then 12/1 to 12/3, but that Thursday night was messing up everything.

I'm not sure how you could book it, but if you post your exact dates and preferred resort(s), I'll be happy to check the AP discount availability for you. My guess is that there will be nothing remotely close available anyway. Availability has been pathetic since before the offer was even released.

Thank you that would be great! Currently booked I have the Poly Villas -Deluxe Studio 11/25-11/30 and a standard room at POR 11/30-12/3

AP discounts work like every other discount, you can not apply it to the room you have booked, unless it is available within the discount so you can switch. If you give me your exact dates I can see what is available for you, but it can't be applied to your package likely because AP rates are room only-- no tickets because you have an AP already. There was a huge AP discount bottleneck going on for 11/30, where nothing or only very top level rooms were appearing. But yesterday it opened up a bit, so you may find some availability if you are looking for a deluxe.

You do need to upgrade the tickets at the park, though once I had success doing it on the phone, but there were circumstances. Another option depending on how far out you are, is just cancelling your package and buying the APs, then booking your room with the discount. I'd do this on the phone so you can make sure you have the room rate secured before you plunk down the $ for the APs and lose your current rate.

Thank you! I have thought about canceling my package all together because we are just over a month out ... but with the lack of availability and all that I was too nervous something would go wrong and we would lose our room, dining reservations, fast passes, etc.

Currently booked I have the Poly Villas -Deluxe Studio 11/25-11/30 and a standard room at POR 11/30-12/3

11/25-11/30 pass holder rooms include: POR $183/nt, CBR $207/nt. that's it. 11/30-12/3 it's only wilderness lodge CL for $592.

Hi all! I have tried to search high and low for info on this topic but I keep getting mixed answers. I currently have a package booked for the end of November with an 8 day ticket. Since originally booking my trip I decided I want to change my park tickets to an Annual Pass. From what I have been told I need to upgrade my 8 day ticket to an AP in person, at the parks.
Since I won't be an AP holder until I am actually on the trip, I am wondering if I have any hope of somehow applying an AP room discount on my resort stay?? I am not entirely sure how the AP room discounts work. Is there any way I could even find out if a discount was available? (Not a DVC member but staying in a Studio at Poly Villas for 5 nights, then Riverside for 3 more nights) Any help and knowledge on this subject would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

You can book an AP discount before you have your AP. All you have to do is call CRO to ask about availability & book it. You just need to show it at check in if asked. If you haven't upgraded before you check in, they will have you come back & show it within 24 hours.

For 11/25-11/30 I am also seeing AoA for $275.92 and SSR 2 br villa for $670.32. Nothing for the whole stay 11/25 to Dec 1, 2, or 3. Only thing coming up for the second part of your stay is Boardwalk for over $1300/nt, and it comes and goes. Several options for individual nights, but it would definitely be multiple reservations.

I always stop at Disney Springs and get my AP the day we arrive. I then go to the resort and show them my AP. You don't have to have it until you get to the resort. They will give you the discount on the phone. I have done this at least 5 times that I have made reservations with my AP to get the discount.
Lol...it’s funny, I’ve had annual passes since 1994 and been to Disney over 275 times..not once have I ever been asked for my annual pass at check in..I would not stress at all about it. I used to work Disney concierge, not once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter