Passholders - 20% extended thru 12/23

Well, we have an ADR at Jiko 2 weeks from tonight at 6:00, so if it will help, I'll let you know what discount we get!

Hi all,

do we know for sure now, that the 20% discount on merchandise is continuing as well until 12/323 ?
Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, maybe I missed it but would be great info for our upcoming trip in November.
I LOVE those 20% on merchandise......

Thanks for clarifying!

Just found an answer to my question on another thread - discount still works ...Great!!

Well, we have an ADR at Jiko 2 weeks from tonight at 6:00, so if it will help, I'll let you know what discount we get!
:teeth:My reservation at Jiko is in 9 days....So I will let you know:rotfl2:....
I would like to know if the 30% DVC discount works at Jiko. We will be eating there three weeks from tonight. I changed my Kona Cafe ADR to Citricos later in the week because I figured I would be saving quite a bit at Jiko. I'm not an AP holder yet. Will be in a couple of years when I retire!

I would like to know if the 30% DVC discount works at Jiko. We will be eating there three weeks from tonight. I changed my Kona Cafe ADR to Citricos later in the week because I figured I would be saving quite a bit at Jiko. I'm not an AP holder yet. Will be in a couple of years when I retire!
To clarify, I don't think it is a 30% discount for DVC members...I think it is a 30% for TIW members. It's 20% for DVC members.

According to dvcnews.com, it is 30% off.
http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-program/member-benefits/3911-anniversary-dining-discounts-extended
This is the only source I've seen that includes DVC, so I'm just wanting confirmation from someone there.
Thanks for that info! I "have" an AP (unactivated in my MDE account) but I was planning on simply using my TIW card. I received a card in the mail letting me know that the discount was extended to 30% so I switched our dinner from 7:45 to 8:30, but then I saw that it was expiring in September. I didn't know about the 30% for DVC Members too. This actually helps with our menu planning since we were thinking about maybe trying a bottle of wine (using the 30% TIW discount) but if we have to use the DVC status to get 30% (and that doesn't include alcohol), I won't worry about it. Neither of us are big wine drinkers anyways, but we thought we'd maybe try something new.

If using this dining discount, I imagine that it's the same as using TIW....all diners must be on the same check? We're going with another couple in late Nov. They'll be using the dining plan (silly people), but we have a few ADRs that won't be covered by that....so, we get one check and they would have to reimburse us, or could we get separate checks and still get the 20% discount? I doubt it but figured I would ask.

If using this dining discount, I imagine that it's the same as using TIW....all diners must be on the same check? We're going with another couple in late Nov. They'll be using the dining plan (silly people), but we have a few ADRs that won't be covered by that....so, we get one check and they would have to reimburse us, or could we get separate checks and still get the 20% discount? I doubt it but figured I would ask.
The official rule requires that the TIW holder gets the check. However, we have requested two checks on many occasions (to split with another family) and never had a problem. The discount was applied to both checks. Couldn't hurt to ask, as long as you're prepared to pay if they say no.

The official rule requires that the TIW holder gets the check. However, we have requested two checks on many occasions (to split with another family) and never had a problem. The discount was applied to both checks. Couldn't hurt to ask, as long as you're prepared to pay if they say no.
I've been trying to decide if I'm renewing my TiW card. With this discount, it makes more sense to not renew it...we aren't big drinkers. We are traveling with another couple in late Nov...they wanted to be able to benefit from our discounts for dining, but wanted to use their credit card. I told them that more than likely, that wouldn't be allowed. I've had some luck with being able to do it, but only about a third of the time. They don't want to pay cash...want to get points on their cc. So, they decided to use the DDP!! Even though it's costing them more than paying cash! Oh well. I thought that if we could split the bill, using the AP discount, perhaps they could benefit as well. I think I'll leave it as is. Too great a hassle.
But thanks.

I've been trying to decide if I'm renewing my TiW card. With this discount, it makes more sense to not renew it...we aren't big drinkers. We are traveling with another couple in late Nov...they wanted to be able to benefit from our discounts for dining, but wanted to use their credit card. I told them that more than likely, that wouldn't be allowed. I've had some luck with being able to do it, but only about a third of the time. They don't want to pay cash...want to get points on their cc. So, they decided to use the DDP!! Even though it's costing them more than paying cash! Oh well. I thought that if we could split the bill, using the AP discount, perhaps they could benefit as well. I think I'll leave it as is. Too great a hassle.
But thanks.

You could pay for the meal by charging back to your room. You and your friends then stop by the front desk and they can use their credit card to make a payment to your room charges.

Laura

You could pay for the meal by charging back to your room. You and your friends then stop by the front desk and they can use their credit card to make a payment to your room charges.

Laura
They're in their own studio. Good thought though but the possibility of mistakes is too great. This couple is the couple that will say 'split the bill down the middle' if they've had expensive stuff, but say 'but we didn't have any drinks, you each has a glass of wine'. THey tend to be a bit on the 'frugal' side, if you catch my drift!!! So, I wanted to keep things as separate as possible!!!

I'm here now. Attempted to use 30% discount at Olivia. It is not a valid discount. I had printed out the information and gave it to manager. Let's just say that to avoid embarrassing yourself don't try to use it. Our table was visited by upper management who discussed the situation with us. They did give us the 30% for that one time. I have TIW so it was no big deal if I didn't get the 30%. Upper management was very nice about it.

20% merchandise for AP and DVC is still going on.

I'm here now. Attempted to use 30% discount at Olivia. It is not a valid discount. I had printed out the information and gave it to manager. Let's just say that to avoid embarrassing yourself don't try to use it. Our table was visited by upper management who discussed the situation with us. They did give us the 30% for that one time. I have TIW so it was no big deal if I didn't get the 30%. Upper management was very nice about it.

20% merchandise for AP and DVC is still going on.
Wow. You've got to be kidding me! Why on earth would dvcnews report it was extended? Guess I'm back to the drawing board.

The 30% deal as listed has restricted hours, before 6:30 or after 8:30. What time did you arrive?

The 30% deal as listed has restricted hours, before 6:30 or after 8:30. What time did you arrive?
The 30% off was scheduled to end 9/30/2017 and I can't find any confirmation at disneyworld.com that it has been extended.

I was just going by what DVC News posted, I have not been mislead by any of their posts in the past. I guess there is a 1st time for everything.

I'm curious about this as well. Both of ADRs are before the time period. I really don't want to cancel one but I'll have to if I can't get the 30% on both.

At Olivia's you still get the 20% off, even if the 30% is in error. Also the 30% offer is only for diner not breakfast or lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!