passport signatures for children

pagemaker

Mouseketeer
I know this question has come up before, but I can't find the thread, so please forgive me...

DD10 can sign her entire name in cursive...can she do so on her individual passport?
DD6 cannot. Can I sign it for her? Or is there some sort of procedure that should be followed?
I have looked on the passport for instructions, but none apply to minors.

Thanks again,
Deb

According to the <a href="http://travel.state.gov/ppt_faq.html"><font=blue>FAQ at the passport web site</font></a>:

<b>My child is too young to sign his/her own passport. How do I sign my child's passport?</b>

In the space provided for the signature, the mother or father must print the child's name and sign their own name. Then, in parenthesis by the parent's name, write the word (mother) or (father) so we know who signed for the child.

Hi,
I just went through this last week on our cruise. Neither one of my children can write in cursive and when I got to the desk the clerk asked me to sign their name in cursive by me and in () mother. It worked fine.

I hope you enjoy your cruise. We had a blast and are planning another.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter