passport stamped at any of the ports?

WebmasterLeah

DIS Veteran
I was just wondering if they would stamp our passport in any of the ports next week? I know in Nassau you have to go stand in line to get it done, it's not just done automatically when you arrive. Just wondered how it worked at the other ports.

Thanks!

I'm interested, too. I'm hitting two new countries on this trip and would love to get my passport stamped.

From what I understand, you take your passport to guest services and they will make sure the immigration officers stamp your passport.

Here was our experience on the ship this time. I called Guest Services the night before we got to Grand Cayman and was told to bring our passports to the Guest Services desk on deck 3 in the morning. The ship clearing agent would stamp them for us.
So we arrived at the desk before disembarking, and the CM looked at us like we had 3 heads! "No, we don't do that at any port! If you want them stamped you have to take them on the island with you." OK. So we took them to Grand Cayman, and right inside the shopping area, there is an Immigration/Customs office! There was an agent napping at his desk who sleepily looked at us and took out his stamp. Success!!
Unfortunately, that was our only success. There is no office at Costa Maya or Cozumel anywhere near port. Our tour guide in Cozumel suggested maybe at the airport, but they "just don't take it all that seriously at port" so no office there!!! ::yes::
But the Grand Cayman stamp is adorable and was worth the little bit of effort involved.

It's so funny to hear your experience at Grand Cayman, Linda! We asked where to go and someone pointed us to the Immigration office. So, we go up the steps and the door is locked. We stood there for a minute, not sure what to do. We had just turned around, when a guy in an official looking shirt walks up behind us, says "You want to go in?" We said yes. He then opens the door, goes in and closes it in our face as we're about to follow him in. Another lady walks up behind us to go into a different office. We asked her what was going on and she says "Oh, he doesn't work there", then goes in her office and shuts the door. What??? The first guy comes out and pushes past us, so we knock on the still-locked door. Finally someone answers and tells us that they don't want to stamp any passports now and that we have to come back. We came back later that afternoon and the door is now unlocked. We go in and the man inside tells us that the Customs officer has left for the day and we're out of luck. Seriously?? So, no Grand Cayman stamp for us.

At Costa Maya, we had an excursion, so we didn't even try. In Cozumel, we asked someone and they said it was a holiday, so no government offices would be open, so don't even bother trying.

4 cruises and we still have no stamps on our passports... Guess that means we'll have to keep trying!

It's so funny to hear your experience at Grand Cayman, Linda! We asked where to go and someone pointed us to the Immigration office. So, we go up the steps and the door is locked. We stood there for a minute, not sure what to do. We had just turned around, when a guy in an official looking shirt walks up behind us, says "You want to go in?" We said yes. He then opens the door, goes in and closes it in our face as we're about to follow him in. Another lady walks up behind us to go into a different office. We asked her what was going on and she says "Oh, he doesn't work there", then goes in her office and shuts the door. What??? The first guy comes out and pushes past us, so we knock on the still-locked door. Finally someone answers and tells us that they don't want to stamp any passports now and that we have to come back. We came back later that afternoon and the door is now unlocked. We go in and the man inside tells us that the Customs officer has left for the day and we're out of luck. Seriously?? So, no Grand Cayman stamp for us.

At Costa Maya, we had an excursion, so we didn't even try. In Cozumel, we asked someone and they said it was a holiday, so no government offices would be open, so don't even bother trying.

4 cruises and we still have no stamps on our passports... Guess that means we'll have to keep trying!
OK, that is just whacked! :sad2:

Sayhello

Our tour guide in Cozumel suggested maybe at the airport, but they "just don't take it all that seriously at port" so no office there!!! ::yes::

Leah, it sounds like your experience fully supports our tour guide's comment- they just don't care!! :confused3:rolleyes2
So sorry you haven't gotten any stamps yet. We did get ours stamped in Nassau on our first cruise (that was a story in itself) - so this is stamp #2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter