• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

past experiences with waitlist...

cgbsilver@hotmail.co

MAN OF MEANS BY NO MEANS THAT LITTLE OLD WINE DRI
DVC Gold
I made a res. for January at a 2br BCV and I am missing one night in the middle of our stay. In general what are my chances of getting in, or should I make alternate plans. It is seven months away but the agony is killing me.

Let me know,,, please.

I have had very good luck with the waiting list.

only didn't get it once - and I was asking 3 months before for Dec.

So I would go with the wait list.

just make sure you get the rest of your reservations - sounds like it is going fast.

get that day somewhere else (if you can) - so you will have something

We've had 100% success rate with the waitlist. :goodvibes We've gotten a BWV Boardwalk View room in June and VWL for NYD by waitlisting :thumbsup2

Three extra days in three studios (so really 9 extra days) during spring break at the beach club via waitlist.

Waitlisted twice-- VB over Easter, and BWV for late August--got it both times, with months to spare. I booked the middle night of the stay on cash just in case-- couldn't stand not knowing we were staying that night. Figured I'd use Disney reward dollars to pay if worst came to worst.

Our waitlist has always come through during F & W at the BCV, but this year not looking good so far. I'm a little nervous because we have some days but not all. Still keeping my fingers crossed though. :)

I am about 50/50 on the waitlist. It came in for early dec and I got on the waitlist the beginning of october. I also got jan and got on the waitlist in october. I did NOT get my waitlist for October and I got on the waitlist in April. All of my waitlists were for BWV or BCV. I am currently on the waitlist for 2 nights in October, for a studio anywhere and am hoping it comes in. Have been waiting 3 weeks.....

That all said, I think you will get your waitlist. There is lots of time for you and january is generally slower. Good luck!

I just got confirmation for the night that I was missing, now I have three reservation numbers. Will they tie these together so I dont have to switch rooms???

I just got confirmation for the night that I was missing, now I have three reservation numbers. Will they tie these together so I dont have to switch rooms???

depends upon the front desk - when you check in - make sure they understand that you DON'T want to change rooms. of course I have awfully luck....

they made me check out - be homeless from 11:00am to 4pm to check in the same ROOM>>>>>>

I though that was rather mean!!!

I have MS link the reservations together and I actually get a new confirmation with only one reservation number for the whole trip. I have done this a couple times. You only have to check in once and there is no threat of having to switch rooms. Congrats on your waitlist coming in!!

Well I guess the finger crossing is working since two of my waitlisted days just came through! Two more to go! :)
Congratulations to you OP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter