Pay more get less ! The insanity continues !

So.......I'm...Guessing we won't be seeing you down there again, anytime soon???? Is that accurate?

As much as we used to get, * (which was way more back then)compared to now does su*k...But It still is a pretty good value...Just Not Great anymore.....Do I hate the fact sure, but no other place gives you ---> that feeling that you get when down at WDW...:confused3
Just my $.02.
We love WDW and this will not stop us from going . However , we will significantly reduce our spending there and will consider staying offsite if the numbers work for us . We will also now make Universal a part of our trips on a regular basis since HS is until further notice a half day park and since UNI /IOA have stepped up there game and created many new and exciting attractions in less than half the time it takes Disney to build a parking garage .

We love WDW and this will not stop us from going . However , we will significantly reduce our spending there and will consider staying offsite if the numbers work for us . We will also now make Universal a part of our trips on a regular basis since HS is until further notice a half day park and since UNI /IOA have stepped up there game and created many new and exciting attractions in less than half the time it takes Disney to build a parking garage .
Yes, but what magical parking garage it will be :)

You should see what they do with bathrooms. ;)

Will this be next?

Coming soon! Restroom Fast Passes! Why wait in line to use the restroom? Get your Fast Pass today (for a $$$ fee - depending on peak season rates) and go straight to the front of the line!:confused3

Will this be next?

Coming soon! Restroom Fast Passes! Why wait in line to use the restroom? Get your Fast Pass today (for a $$$ fee - depending on peak season rates) and go straight to the front of the line!:confused3

Sometimes I feel like this might not be a bad thing. Pony up some extra cash so I can skip the line to the urinal or the stall. LOL

So now , not unexpectedly a tiered pricing structure is put in place for the MNSSHP and MVMCP tickets . I'm not sure where I read this but over the past 5 years these party tickets have increased by approximately 54% ! These events advertised as taking place from 7pm - 12am ( when admission , as most of us know and most of the general public doesn't , is almost always available with these tickets at 4pm ) , so for 5 hours of park time now costs almost as much as a full day ticket ! Sure , you can make all kinds of arguments about how there are exclusive oppurtunities to meet seldom seen characters ( after waiting in line for most for 20min. to over an hour each ) ,the Christmas Parade and shows , HoliWishes fireworks , etc. . On the other hand how many people who will get to WDW to start their family holiday vacation somewhere between the 19th and the 22nd will buy Party tickets for the 22nd thinking it's their only chance to see the holiday extras the party has only to find out a day or two later that they could have seen and done most of the party extras for free with their regular MK admission beginning on the 23rd ? Look , I love WDW , as well as most things Disney , however these pricing trends are disturbing and arrogant . I don't begrudge any company from making a profit , it is in everyones best interest that Disney remain a profitable company , but cutbacks and layoffs , while the company is making record profits at the parks/resorts as well as at the movie theaters ( Capt. America Civil War , Jungle Book , and Zootopia just to name the last three ) doesn't sit well with me and seems like an arrogant over confident corporation making a money grab anywhere and everywhere it can . Sorry , but ESPN's failures financially as well as #thanksShanghai overages are just excuses . Reality will soon catch up with Disney for these poor decisions and hopefully then the company will make better decisions as to how to proceed and implement reasonable pricing for everything across the board . Reasonable increases on a yearly basis are to be expected but not increases like they have put in to affect these past 3 months or so for almost everything . Value is where you find it but Disney is making it harder and harder for the average family , their bread and butter , to find value for their families in a trip to WDW ...and that is the sad reality .

If you want more money from us ( resort parking fees ) why don't you first replace the monorails before someone gets hurt...fix Soarin , because a ride update/upgrade for a great attraction like this is just embarrassing when most of the people riding it see bent scenery...fix the Yeti on Expedition Everest because its been about 10 years since it broke...a new nighttime parade for the MK before the 50th anniversary... Rehab both COP and Buzz because the inside of both these need some serious TLC , their current conditions are very unDisney like...reopen the Wonders of Life pavilion with new attractions...reopen the other half of the Imagination pavilion with a new attraction .

If you want more money from us ( resort parking fees ) why don't you first replace the monorails before someone gets hurt...fix Soarin , because a ride update/upgrade for a great attraction like this is just embarrassing when most of the people riding it see bent scenery...fix the Yeti on Expedition Everest because its been about 10 years since it broke...a new nighttime parade for the MK before the 50th anniversary... Rehab both COP and Buzz because the inside of both these need some serious TLC , their current conditions are very unDisney like...reopen the Wonders of Life pavilion with new attractions...reopen the other half of the Imagination pavilion with a new attraction .

I can't speak about the other complaints, but rumor has it (I heard this rumor a year or two ago) that a new nighttime parade is being prepared for the 50th anniversary.

So once again, I'm guessing you failed at trying to give up on WDW.....It appears that you are still interested in going and still forking over the $$$ like the rest of us are.... Venting on here is one way of getting through it, but actually writing to the higher ups , is the way to go, in order to get your voice heard..:confused3

So once again, I'm guessing you failed at trying to give up on WDW.....It appears that you are still interested in going and still forking over the $$$ like the rest of us are.... Venting on here is one way of getting through it, but actually writing to the higher ups , is the way to go, in order to get your voice heard..:confused3
Never said or meant to give the impression that I "would give up on WDW ." I have written to the higher ups and have been contacted by them to discuss my feelings/views . I will continue to , as I did this last trip I took last month continue to speak with my wallet by cutting back significantly on all expenses related our trip . From how many days we stay to where we stay etc.

Never said or meant to give the impression that I "would give up on WDW ." I have written to the higher ups and have been contacted by them to discuss my feelings/views . I will continue to , as I did this last trip I took last month continue to speak with my wallet by cutting back significantly on all expenses related our trip . From how many days we stay to where we stay etc.
Trust me...It sucks not getting the tremendous deals we used to get, but in the grand scheme of things, I believe it still is a good value....At the rate it's going, who knows it might price itself up above everything else....Hopefully not though....

"Available soon...Mickey Magic Fastpass+ 6 packs . Purchase 6 more Fast pass+ attractions starting at $29.99 (price varies by season) . Wait less time in line and enjoy more magic ! Purchase your Premium ,Deluxe ,Exclusive Mickey MagicFastpass+ 6 pack today for your whole family !"
Sorry but I am holding out for the Ultimate Passes which lets me pass you Premium people in the line. Ya just know that are thinking of something like this.

Except they don't limit the number. At Universal you get unlimited express pass AND the resort is worth the price you pay. Not really the same.
I don't know if I agree with that. We've stayed at Royal Pacific three times and loved it--the location, the design, everything. (And that Bula Bar burger....mmm) Also loved that free Express Pass! But considering the parking fee, the small room size, and the lack of fridges in the room, I'm not sure I can say it's actually "worth" the price either. But I do find it more of a value than comparably priced Disney hotels, especially with the new parking fees.

(I think I already ranted upstream on the removal of experiences and adding them back for fee, so please know that I fully agree with the basic premise of this thread!)

I don't know if I agree with that. We've stayed at Royal Pacific three times and loved it--the location, the design, everything. (And that Bula Bar burger....mmm) Also loved that free Express Pass! But considering the parking fee, the small room size, and the lack of fridges in the room, I'm not sure I can say it's actually "worth" the price either. But I do find it more of a value than comparably priced Disney hotels, especially with the new parking fees.

(I think I already ranted upstream on the removal of experiences and adding them back for fee, so please know that I fully agree with the basic premise of this thread!)

Well I guess the “worth the price” is really subjective. I should have said in comparison to Disney resorts. And it may depend on what deal you get or time you go too! When we have gone the prices of the rooms were more comparable to what we have paid for rooms in day PCB or other beach areas. So we certainly felt like it was a value.

It’s odd that Royal Pacific doesn’t have a fridge, Cabana Bay does. And the rooms were nice sized. I did peek in one of the family suites as we were headed down the hall. Now maybe it was just the size of the family spilling out into the hall but it did seem crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!