Paying out-of-pocket for inexpensive restaurants

anneofgreengables

Mouseketeer
Am on the dining plan, but I'd like to pay out of pocket for some restaurants. Which restaurants are the most inexpensive so I can save those for out-of-pocket?

We LOVE Beaches & Cream, but it is NOT worth the TS credit. We plan to pay OOP here!

As a general rule ...

If you are eating TS breakfasts pay for those OOP.

2TS places it's better to pay OOP and use your credits for 2 - 1TS places!

We found anywhere at EPCOT to be "worth" using the TS credit.

Some buffets are not that great of a deal for the TS credits ... sit down full serve meals usually cost more if you get the full sha-bang.

What places are you planning on eating? That may help us answer your questions.

WDWO

we are going to pay out of pocket for breakfast at chef mickey's so we can have 7 other TS meals. :cool1:

Thanks for the tips, obsesssed. My ADRs are Akershus dinner, Liberty Tree Tavern dinner, Mama Melrose Fantasmic, Marrakesh dinner, Biergarten dinner, Sci-Fi lunch, and Cindy's Royal Table lunch (2 TC). They all amount to 8 TCs, but I only have 7, so I have to pay for one OOP. I figure Sci-Fi lunch would be the least expensive, but that's just a guess.

I would like to try '50s Prime Time, Coral Reef, Boma, Teppanyaki, Hoop De Doo, Garden Grill but as we have only 7 TCs, I can't, or I may try a couple out of pocket.

So--which of these are the least expensive?

I'm paying for Hoop De Doo and the Luau OOP because I don't believe they are worth 2 TS. We are also paying for breakfasts at Chef Mickey's and Donald's OOP because breakfasts are cheaper than lunch and dinner, but we prefer TS over CS.

of the list you gave, I would def. say sci fi oop and maybe 50's depending on what you get. I agree with paying for breakfast oop. good luck!

If you really want to try another restaurant, I'd suggest Cindy's oop. It so isnt worth 2 credits. But it is definately more expensive - although if you are getting the whole deal OOP at the others they could end up pretty close.

We are paying oop for breakfast every day. We are also paying oop for 2 ts lunches at Brown Derby and Sci-Fi.

We plan to pay oop for dinner at Cape May Cafe our first night to save extra ts credits to eat at Flying Fish. If you pay oop for a dinner, I would suggest a set-price buffet, then you can plan accordingly.

anneofgreengables said:
Thanks for the tips, obsesssed. My ADRs are Akershus dinner, Liberty Tree Tavern dinner, Mama Melrose Fantasmic, Marrakesh dinner, Biergarten dinner, Sci-Fi lunch, and Cindy's Royal Table lunch (2 TC). They all amount to 8 TCs, but I only have 7, so I have to pay for one OOP. I figure Sci-Fi lunch would be the least expensive, but that's just a guess.

I would like to try '50s Prime Time, Coral Reef, Boma, Teppanyaki, Hoop De Doo, Garden Grill but as we have only 7 TCs, I can't, or I may try a couple out of pocket.

So--which of these are the least expensive?

Out of your ADR's that you made I would pay OOP for Sci-Fi lunch and CRT (only if you will be adding more restaurants).

Use your TS credits for Coral Reef, Boma, or Teppanyaki (if you are adding additional ADR's).

I checked the allears site and kind of went with the menu prices to help pick our restaurants (more bang for the buck). We chose Les Chefs, Coral Reef and Le Cellier as some of the best deals. We then went with 1900, LTT, Cape May ( breakfast and dinner), Mama Melrose's. We will pay OOP for Artist Point (love the food but would not spend 2 TS for the meal).

anneofgreengables said:
Am on the dining plan, but I'd like to pay out of pocket for some restaurants. Which restaurants are the most inexpensive so I can save those for out-of-pocket?

We have booked more ts meals than we ahve points for so we have decided that the following resturants will be out of pocket using our DDE card. And as previously stated brakfast (and lunch) are cheaper.

WCC (cheap, esp the skillet)
Trails End
Biergarten
50s Prime Time

I wouldn't use dining credits at Earl of Sandwich, either. Our total was less than half of what it was at other CS meals. Plus, they allow less items than other CS restaurants.

:cool1: As we are going to Seaworld 1 day we will have to pay oop there. Soo.. we plan on 2 T>S at MGM H 7 V for lunch with JOJO and Sci Fi for dinner every other day we will use 1T.S. Breakfast will sometimes be cereal in room and donuts ( s.c.) 1 T.S. will be a breakfast so that day we may end up with OOP for a light lunch and c.s for dinner. We plan to buy a few double burghers and get extra rolls and fries oop to save a few c.s for last day. Does that sound like a good plan? :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter