Paypal for points rental

Hmm, well I rented 107 pts at $10 per point, split into two transactions a day apart so that the other owner could do the points transfer in between...she and I agreed to split the 4.9% (I think it was) that paypal lists as charge for buyer's (me) use of a credit card to a personal account...so each of the two transactions was about $548 (under their stated $600 limit).

The only way I will use paypal at all is with a credit card, so that if I'm ripped off at least I can try to involve my cc company. :confused3

CarolA - at least I am not the only one!! It probably cost them $ on the other end to process dollars to francs and they didn't want to deal with it.

I sold a snowglobe on Ebay and sent it to France, it was supposed to take about 6 weeks. The buyer put in a claim for non receipt after only about 3 weeks. Paypal sided with the buyer even after I submitted all paperwork from the USPS showing when it was mailed and time in transit. My case was closed even before the package was supposed to arrive in France.

OK, never mind. I guess I was wrong :).

Maybe two transactions of the same amount one day apart to a new "seller" raised some red flags. FWIW, I think that PayPal calling you is more like your credit card calling you over a questionable transaction than your bank. They're just trying to cover their butt. My guess is the agent has a script that she works from and needs to "fill in the blanks" which was why she asked you so many questions.

Enjoy your points!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter