PBH or HRH with a rollaway bed

Mzpalmtree

DIS Veteran
We’ve never stayed at any of the Deluxe Universal hotels and are trying to decide what will be the best fit for our group. It will be a very short trip (2-3 nights). We will need to use a rollaway as there will be four of us including my husband, teen daughter, and college-aged son. We originally had a deluxe queen booked at the HRH, but it was booked at rack rate and the cost was not comfortable for me if I could obtain a really good discount. Recently discounts have come out for our dates and we can switch to a bay view room at PBH or a pool view room at HRH for a significant savings (over $600 for the trip). I originally modified to PBH, but I’m just not sure. Points to consider: how much room is there for the rollaway bed? We’d like to place it by the window so it’s out of the way and we aren’t tripping over it. I know the rooms at PBH are about 75 sq ft bigger but it looks like a lot of that might be bathroom? It’s still hard to picture a rollaway in the room and I can’t find pictures online. I do worry the HRH room is too small but the useable space in the PB room doesn’t look that much better from the YouTube videos I’ve watched. How far to the parks is it really from PBH? Again, having never stayed there it’s hard to picture so HRH appeals to us more from that aspect. My kids really wanted to stay at HRH so that tugs at me a little. Advice for a Universal resorts novice? Any pictures of a rollaway in either room would be appreciated!

Check the hotel stickies as they have pictures
and info a the hotel rooms

I have had housekeeping bring me bedding material to make a pallet on the floor by the window for the 4th person in the room for a makeshift “bed”

It might work for you if you have a two night stay

Check the hotel sticky for rollaway price per day
Thought it was at about $35 per night

The additional $40 for adults for the number over two really adds up on the charges on the hotel costs

Check the hotel stickies as they have pictures
and info a the hotel rooms

I have had housekeeping bring me bedding material to make a pallet on the floor by the window for the 4th person in the room for a makeshift “bed”

It might work for you if you have a two night stay

Check the hotel sticky for rollaway price per day
Thought it was at about $35 per night

The additional $40 for adults for the number over two really adds up on the charges on the hotel costs
Thanks. I didn’t see any pictures of rollaway beds in the room in the individual hotel threads (except RP and that’s not an option for us this time). I’ll look again. I know the rollaway is $35 a night and I know my son will cost $40 a night. It really DOES add up which is why the rack rate was killing me on the deluxe queen, but even with the rollaway cost figured in I’ll save $600 by going to the standard sized room. But I really want to be happy with our choice.

If I can find any pictures of the rollaway bed, I’ll post them here for you

I think Pb has larger bathrooms as they do have more sq footage there

My sons always liked HR due to the vib of the hotel and ability to walk to the Studios quickly
And they liked being close to City Walk

But, I’m sure they will enjoy the hotel you have booked for the trip !

You might consider an air matress instead of rollaway (bring one if driving, or ship there) instead of a rollaway. I brought an air mattress the last time for one of my kids. The nice thing was that we could set it upright against the wall when not in use- that gave us more space in the room. Plus you wouldn't have the daily rollaway fee.

Since the rollaway would go between the window and the bed, it really doesn't have much impact since you don't use that area anyways. Either HRH or PBH will work fine.

If I can find any pictures of the rollaway bed, I’ll post them here for you

I think Pb has larger bathrooms as they do have more sq footage there

My sons always liked HR due to the vib of the hotel and ability to walk to the Studios quickly
And they liked being close to City Walk

But, I’m sure they will enjoy the hotel you have booked for the trip !
Thanks! I know we will have a good time wherever we end up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter