PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

Hi all :) I have never used my points to redeem at Shoppers- only Superstore for groceries. Would I be able to take advantage of the redemption deal at Shoppers this week- and buy gift cards. I would like to buy $300 worth of gift cards- could I use $200 worth of points to do this?

Hi all :) I have never used my points to redeem at Shoppers- only Superstore for groceries. Would I be able to take advantage of the redemption deal at Shoppers this week- and buy gift cards. I would like to buy $300 worth of gift cards- could I use $200 worth of points to do this?
No....gift cards aren’t an option. The only work around is, for example, you buy $50 worth of shampoo and a $50 gift card. You can redeem $50 worth of points but you still have to pay $50 OOP.

@isabellea great deal! I was going get it, but changed my mind. I am going to start saving again a maybe get it for DD for Christmas.

I actually got it because you posted about it! 😉 We decided to give it to my youngest for Christmas, unless the schools close again and we need it.

I learned something interesting from the manager of the Pharmaprix (SDM) where I bought the Chromebook from. Apparently, the sale prices of the week officially end at 5pm on Friday in the system and the weekly sale prices of the new flyer, start on Friday at 6pm, not Saturday. So there is only 1h per week without any sale prices, not a full day as advertised. I think I will test it one day at a self checkout cash.

Last edited:
I'm actually surprised they got their points back. I have received emails stating it is from Shoppers as well as ones that say they are from Loblaws. It's always either a 'you could win' or 'receive your free gift card'. They are most certainly scam emails. If anyone is still not sure then look at the return address. It will usually have Shoppers in it but something added on the end of it, example .shoppersfly. I just delete them. If I don't know the text number it gets deleted as well. I don't click on anything.
Yes, they were lucky PC was so accommodating. It was not the companies fault so good for them.

These weren't e-mails but text messages. Shoppers was having a text message promotion. I signed up for it as well. I received the same link once a week for a few weeks. But it was coming from the same text Shoppers always sends me Tuesdays offers with and I knew it was coming. Unfortunately a hacker spoofed the Shoppers number and sent out their own link, making it look like it came from Shoppers for that promotion. That's a shame they lost the points and good of Loblaws to re-imburse them. People really should know by now to never enter personal information requested by text links or e-mails.

Just a reminder to keep your points locked up when not cashing them out.

I was at Food Basics this morning and overheard a cashier say, 'I had 220,000 points stolen last night, that's $220!!' I asked her if they were PC points and she said yes! I showed her how to lock her card to hopefully prevent this from happening again.

Her story as best I can remember the details....

She was at home and received an email telling her she had just spent 50,000 points. She immediately went online and changed her PW and requested a live chat. While she was waiting for the live chat to begin another 100,000 point email (for a Pharmaprix purchase where you get the multiplied points for $145). (May not be exact values...) By this time she connected to a live chat person and was explaining what was happening when a third email came through saying she'd just spent another 70,000 points!!!

The chat person did something and advised her it was being escalated and that she would be contacted soon. Overnight she received an email and the entire 220,000 points had been reinstated to her account!! Great customer service!!

While I was showing her how to change her card to 'Earn points only' I took the opportunity to update my own card as I'd gotten lazy and had mine set to Earn and Redeem points. Going to be more diligent about keeping it on 'Earn points only' as it seems there are some new schemes out there ready to steal our points!!

Just a reminder to keep your points locked up when not cashing them out.

While I was showing her how to change her card to 'Earn points only' I took the opportunity to update my own card as I'd gotten lazy and had mine set to Earn and Redeem points. Going to be more diligent about keeping it on 'Earn points only' as it seems there are some new schemes out there ready to steal our points!!

Thank you I didn't know this was an option to lock them. I would cry if they went missing I have over 900,000 points saved up. I need to start accumulating disney gift cards again or put the money into a savings account.

Ugh oh my gosh. It was nice of you to show her how to lock her account! It's stories like these that having me redeeming my points for groceries and then taking the money out of my grocery money into vacation savings. I seldom save my points past $50 worth. I'd be devastated to lose a large sum of points like that!

Thank you. I went and locked mine. Now to remember to unlock them on all cards when I actually want to use them! Anyone know if there is a delay when switched from locked to unlocked?

Thank you. I went and locked mine. Now to remember to unlock them on all cards when I actually want to use them! Anyone know if there is a delay when switched from locked to unlocked?
There is a delay but thankfully it's normally not too long. I TRY to remember when I'm shopping and decide I'm going to use points to go in right then and unlock my card. Then, by the time I get to the cash it works.

I've tried doing it while in line. One time it worked, the other time not. The time it didn't I ended up paying for the groceries with my MC then walked to Guest Services. I returned $50 worth of what I'd just purchased then repurchased using points. A pain for both me and the person at Guest Services but it worked.

If anyone isn't sure how to lock your points, please mention it here and we'll be happy to write out the steps.

Yeah, like @scrappinginontario said, there’s a little delay. Not sure how long exactly. I unlock mine before going to the store and it’s always worked out okay.

There is a delay but thankfully it's normally not too long. I TRY to remember when I'm shopping and decide I'm going to use points to go in right then and unlock my card. Then, by the time I get to the cash it works.

I've tried doing it while in line. One time it worked, the other time not. The time it didn't I ended up paying for the groceries with my MC then walked to Guest Services. I returned $50 worth of what I'd just purchased then repurchased using points. A pain for both me and the person at Guest Services but it worked.

If anyone isn't sure how to lock your points, please mention it here and we'll be happy to write out the steps.
Yeah, like @scrappinginontario said, there’s a little delay. Not sure how long exactly. I unlock mine before going to the store and it’s always worked out okay.
Thank you both. I've never had problems, but better safe than sorry! And it did take me a bit to find where to do it, so if you don't know, ask here. Someone will know!

I had 50k in points stolen and I was credited with those points plus an additional 320K. I moved my account to earn only and 2 factor authentication. I redeemed 390K this weekend for an Asus laptop valued at 499.00 which only cost me 70$ in taxes. I was able to slide the setting over from earn only to redeem and earn in store and my transaction went through immediately.

New promo this weekend for RCSS. Much like the bonus redemption at Shoppers, this fri and sat use a number of points and get anywhere from 10-20% back in points.
This is the first time I have seen anything like this. So different from Shoppers where they bump up the amount to be able to use, this you get back.

As I have mentioned before I've had my account hacked and points stolen twice. The first time was 300K and the last time was March of this year was around 200K. It's a ton of work and VERY frustrating to get the points back. Getting the points back overnight is a total unicorn. The first time I went through it took months....maybe 3. The second time (so weird I can't remember this exactly it was only 6 months ago) I think took 4-5 weeks. Both time they tried to give me so much B.S. Things like my email password was stolen or my card was stolen. Like the person in that article, if someone stole my email password they are not going after my PC Optimum account they have bigger ideas. They basically tried to spin it into being something I had done. Also, when doing through it this year I repeatedly asked for some compensation. At first I was subtle about it and then I flat out asked how many points I was getting for my time and trouble. I even played the I'm not working right now and I need these points to feed my family card. What did I get? A big fat ZERO.

I have said it before and I can not stress it enough.....DON'T ACCUMULATE POINTS. What on earth was someone hoarding $1000 in points for? There clearly is some sort of problem with this program that they don't seem to want to fix. I know they know it's a problem because there is an entire department with a large staff that only deal with account theft/fraud.

Oh my lord PC Optimum is driving me insane. I have had at least three back and forth conversations about why I should be eligible for bonus redemption points. The last canned email they sent me (AFTER I sent my receipt) was that I needed to have a minimum spend level to redeem. uhhh hello? I JUST SPENT $400!!! Arghhhh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter