PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

I like it when the offer is all weekend. Sometimes I find it hard to get there when I'm working the second job on Saturdays. I just don't have the energy to go there after I've been running around a store all day moving furniture around and helping customers.

I have my list on my phone ready to go!

Sorry, this has probably been said but it's a long thread.....

Can you use your Optimum points to purchase Disney Gift cards at Shoppers? e.g. If I have $50 in points, then that can buy a gift card.

Then...that gift card can be used to pay for say, an ADR (and I guess converted to USD)?

Can you use your Optimum points to purchase Disney Gift cards at Shoppers? e.g. If I have $50 in points, then that can buy a gift card.

Then...that gift card can be used to pay for say, an ADR (and I guess converted to USD)?

Not directly. For example today I bought $100 of groceries and $100 Disney gift card at real Canadian superstore. I used $100 of my PC optimum points and paid $100 for the "cards" you can't use to buy only cards.

Hope that makes sense?

I like it when the offer is all weekend. Sometimes I find it hard to get there when I'm working the second job on Saturdays. I just don't have the energy to go there after I've been running around a store all day moving furniture around and helping customers.

I have my list on my phone ready to go!

I totally agree, makes it easier. I work 2 jobs to support my disney/mexico addiction.. so these points really do help!!

Gift cards can be used for meals, merchandise and even on the cruise, but you cannot use points to buy gift cards directly.

Gift cards can be used for meals, merchandise and even on the cruise, but you cannot use points to buy gift cards directly.
But, they can be purchased using points as explained by @adamkat above. As long as the $ amount of items purchased is greater than the amount of $$ for the gift card you may purchase it.

I often spend $50+ in groceries at Superstore and add a $50 Disney gift card to my purchase. I use 50,000 points and pay for the balance with my PC MC.

But, they can be purchased using points as explained by @adamkat above. As long as the $ amount of items purchased is greater than the amount of $$ for the gift card you may purchase it.

I often spend $50+ in groceries at Superstore and add a $50 Disney gift card to my purchase. I use 50,000 points and pay for the balance with my PC MC.
You are using the points for the groceries, not really the gift card. That’s why I said not directly. You just put away the money you have saved for using the points aside to pay for the gift card. I am planning to put away money saved for redeeming points; then right before my trip, I will use the money saved to buy one gift card of $500 or two with $1000 depending on how much I have saved from using the points. This way I am saving the effort to try to consolidate all the gift cards as well. It’s the same saving to me. You can’t use points to directly buy any gift cards.

This is exactly what I do, I try to estimate what my groceries will be worth and get close to the same amount in gift cards. I normally do my orders for with their pick up service, but when I have enough points to redeem we go in and do an order. Hubby always laughs as I am trying to estimate what the bill will be so I can get close that that amount in gift cards at the same time...

I think he thought I was insane, well ok maybe I am but when we paid for most of our 3 park hoppers with those gift cards he is on board. haha

Thanks for explaining. Basically spend at least the same as the gift card .

What about the other way? Do you get points for buying a gift card? E.g. Spend $50 for 5000 points? Guessing not

Thanks for explaining. Basically spend at least the same as the gift card .

What about the other way? Do you get points for buying a gift card? E.g. Spend $50 for 5000 points? Guessing not

Nope, I wish we did.. sure would be nice to get some. I think if you have their mastercard you would because it counts towards your charges on that card.

I have a west jet card that I use to charge as much as I can during the month to earn some $ for our flights. When I combine it with our companion voucher on that card it feels more affordable.

No AND yes. Normally you don't get points on gift cards. However, the program does offer specials that give you points on gift card purchases. The deals will be listed in the flyers and/or the APP. They can be different.

For example, right now my APP has a "For every $50 sent on APP Store & iTunes Cards" get 7,500 points.

Today was a good PC Optimum day for me. I was actually able to complete a $50 spend at Shoppers on basic food items we needed that included items on sale. I stocked up on butter (4), peanut butter (3) and had a digital offer so I ended up with 16,300 points. Plus milk on a separate receipt for another 1,000 points.

Then I went grocery shopping at Loblaws and spent $115. I "cashed out" $80 in points and earned 13,800 points at the same time. That was nice! I had the 200 pts for every $1 in beef, pork and carrots offer.
That's another $80 tucked into my August cruise fund. Starting from September that brings my total to $670 from the PC program. Plus $80 in euchre winnings makes $750. :cool1:

Newbie question ..

I have offers on my app. It says expires in 2 days .can I use on Wednesday or would they expire Tuesday ?

The offers expire on Wednesday, with a new batch on Thursday. It's why you'll often see reminders to "save your (4) offers" if you don't plan on shopping by Wednesday night.

The offers expire on Wednesday, with a new batch on Thursday. It's why you'll often see reminders to "save your (4) offers" if you don't plan on shopping by Wednesday night.
Perfect and yes I’m shipping wed night so perfect . New bed being delivered next week hoping to take advantage of the 1000/$5 bedding offer

Quick little update-

Yesterday I was finishing my last minute packing, I fly down to WDW tomorrow morning. My mom is joining me on this trip and lives about an hour out of the city, instead of having to do that drive super early to get to the airport tomorrow we are staying at an airport hotel tonight and I believe she is receiving parking with the booking while we're gone. I am currently counting down the hours at work till its vacation time :D

One of my last minute jobs was pulling out my stash of gc's and seeing how I did. Grand total of gc's I am taking with me is $860(can$)! $250 is from gifts I received over the pass couple months ( DH and brother's Christmas gifts this year were Disney gc's and then we also dog sat for a friend back in Jan for a week and they gave us some cash that I converted into dis money), the remaining $610 is all from optimum points! I am impressed! I can't quite recall when I started activity collecting points, I want to say somewhere mid to late spring and I only ever redeemed during bonus events. The planning for this dis trip started in June, after I registered for the 2020 Princess half marathon weekend.

The conversion is going to hurt a little on it but just have to remind myself that this was all bonus money anyways!

Quick little update-

Yesterday I was finishing my last minute packing, I fly down to WDW tomorrow morning. My mom is joining me on this trip and lives about an hour out of the city, instead of having to do that drive super early to get to the airport tomorrow we are staying at an airport hotel tonight and I believe she is receiving parking with the booking while we're gone. I am currently counting down the hours at work till its vacation time :D

One of my last minute jobs was pulling out my stash of gc's and seeing how I did. Grand total of gc's I am taking with me is $860(can$)! $250 is from gifts I received over the pass couple months ( DH and brother's Christmas gifts this year were Disney gc's and then we also dog sat for a friend back in Jan for a week and they gave us some cash that I converted into dis money), the remaining $610 is all from optimum points! I am impressed! I can't quite recall when I started activity collecting points, I want to say somewhere mid to late spring and I only ever redeemed during bonus events. The planning for this dis trip started in June, after I registered for the 2020 Princess half marathon weekend.

The conversion is going to hurt a little on it but just have to remind myself that this was all bonus money anyways!
Safe travel and have a magical vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter