PCC 3.0 Dining Arrangements

OKW Lover

Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle.
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
I remember that on PCC 1.0 we generally wound up being seated with other DISers in the dining room. Don't know if that was something that Dreams did intentionally or perhaps DCL did it since we were all part of the same group.

On PCC 2.0 Val & I were linked with several other families and thus were all seated together at dinner so I don't know if others were randomly paired up.

On PCC 3.0 we aren't currently linked with others so I'm wondering if we will be seated with random strangers or random DISers.

I remember asking Tracey about this when first booking. She said most likely Disney will sit all PCC 3.0 people roughly in the same area but if you're not linked with another PCC 3.0 family, than you'll be seated with a random PCC 3.0-er.

There's a good thread on the cruise boards about how Disney is really good at pairing up like families with like families. Way more success stories than failures.

I like to think that this is someone's job at DCL. They just sit in a little cubicle all day and do seating arrangements for dinners. :laughing:

We fretted about this at first. DH is the quiet type, I'm the one that will do all the talking. But as the date gets nearer, we're looking forward to meeting new people!!!!

We'll be in the World in 70 days!!!!!!

We fretted about this at first. DH is the quiet type, I'm the one that will do all the talking. But as the date gets nearer, we're looking forward to meeting new people!!!!

Sounds like Val & I. Here on the DIS, I'm the one that does all the posting, but in person Val is the one that does all the talking. :surfweb:

In speaking to our representative at DCL today, I confirmed that they will be seating us with other DIS'ers. They will try to keep us in the same general area of the dining room as well as the same rotation.

Of course if you have requested to be linked to a specific reservation, that will still be honored.

Thanks Tracey.

Glad to hear that they are going to keep all the riffraff in one general area. pirate:

Wooohoooo, we are linked to Kevin and John's reservation, but they don't know that yet. It'll be like an ongoing dining review.

:rotfl:

I am sure it is for the benefit of the other cruisers that we are all contained to one area!!!

Hey Jeff and Val, just wanted to let you know I very much enjoyed dining with you on PCC1.0. (I did enjoy talking gumbo with Val and torturing Todd with fish dishes.) Would be happy to dine with y'all again, but even if it doesn't work out that way, I'll looking forward to seeing you around the ship.

Hi Chris! Hadn't realized that you were going to be on board too. Yes that was a fun time on 1.0.

We aren't linked with anyone and I really, really hope we aren't put at a table by ourselves (as happened on a previous Disney cruise - not a Podcast cruise). A huge part of the fun is interacting with other people! :dance3:

We aren't linked with anyone and I really, really hope we aren't put at a table by ourselves (as happened on a previous Disney cruise - not a Podcast cruise). A huge part of the fun is interacting with other people! :dance3:

Kristen, send Tracey a note that you want to be at a larger table. I believe that DCL is going to try to seat us in the same area (probably to protect the other passengers) so its likely that you'll have other DIS'ers at your table even if you aren't linked.

Kristin, send Tracey a note that you want to be at a larger table. I believe that DCL is going to try to seat us in the same area (probably to protect the other passengers) so its likely that you'll have other DIS'ers at your table even if you aren't linked.

Done! Tracey, you should be seeing an email from me!! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter